TURN BACK YER CLOCKS

Old November 5th 10, 01:22 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kraut / Larry S.

Default TURN BACK YER CLOCKS

Repost from rec.pets.cats.community:

Mosey's Secretary Kyla here reminding you that Daylight Savings Time begins
on Nov 7, so before you hoomins go to bed, set your clocks back one hour.
Maybe someone could post this to RPCA?
Love
Kyla
--giving the keyboard back to Mosey

Old November 5th 10, 03:22 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

Storrmmee wrote:
"Jack Campin - bogus address" wrote in
message ...
Mosey's Secretary Kyla here reminding you that Daylight Savings
Time begins on Nov 7

No it doesn't. You're about six months and a week late.

You'd think that people who post this sort of thing would at least
have worked out by now that the world has two hemispheres and has
polities with different time conventions in both of them. And maybe
with six months to think about it each time, get the wording right.

you would think that people who read news groups wouldn't be so
persnickity either but that doesn't seem true either, Lee

I for one aprpeciate the reminder that those states in teh USA that have
observed Daylight Savigns will no longer be after this weekend - hence I
need to re-check my times to make sure I don't call any of you merkins at
3am :-)

Yowie

Old November 5th 10, 03:51 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Yowie wrote:

I for one aprpeciate the reminder that those states in teh USA that have
observed Daylight Savigns will no longer be after this weekend - hence I
need to re-check my times to make sure I don't call any of you merkins at
3am :-)

You'll only call us at 3AM if you had been in the habit of calling us
at 4AM before.

Joyce

--
Mother teach me to walk again
Milk and honey, so intoxicating
Old November 5th 10, 09:56 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

On 5/11/2010 5:55 PM, Joy wrote:
wrote in message

*snip*

Just a slight mistake -- DLST ends this weekend. IMHO we should stop
doing this and settle on one time. MLB

I'm with you on that!

I'd happily *stay* on Daylight Savings time, and to bad about when solar
'noon' happens.

Why?

The longer I get to stay in bed, the happier I am. Cary (usually) wakes
up when the sun rises. Therefore, the 'later' the sun rises, the happier
I am. The week or so before daylight savings kicks in when he's waking
up at around 5am really make me suffer.

Yowie
Old November 5th 10, 12:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Gandalf[_2_]

On Fri, 05 Nov 2010 11:01:25 +0000, Jack Campin - bogus address
wrote:

i am grateful for the reminder, she got the date right so whats
the big deal?

She didn't. It ended last weekend.

There is more to the world than America.

No, DST ends at 2:00AM (IIRC) on Sunday, Nov 7th.

Kyla had the day right, but she said DST was starting, instead of
ending.

But she was RIGHT in saying to turn clocks BACK one hour.

Until I read this thread, I didn't know DST ended on Nov 7th.
Old November 5th 10, 06:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Gandalf wrote:

Jack Campin wrote:

i am grateful for the reminder, she got the date right so whats
the big deal?

She didn't. It ended last weekend.

There is more to the world than America.

No, DST ends at 2:00AM (IIRC) on Sunday, Nov 7th.

*In the USA*. That was Jack's point.

But I second Yowie's reminder that Kyla never posted about it on this
newsgroup, so I think people should stop bitching about her. If you
have to complain about her post, go to RPCC and do it there.

Joyce

--
It is better to give than to lend, and it costs about the same.
-- Unknown

Old November 5th 10, 06:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Kraut / Larry S. wrote:

Repost from rec.pets.cats.community:

Mosey's Secretary Kyla here reminding you that Daylight Savings Time begins
on Nov 7, so before you hoomins go to bed, set your clocks back one hour.
Maybe someone could post this to RPCA?
Love
Kyla
--giving the keyboard back to Mosey

Of course she meant "ends", not "begins" (or one assumes so). That, of
course, mainly applies to most of the U.S.A (Arizona, and I think one or
two of the other more backward states, do not practice "Daylight
Savings"). I'm not sure the rest of the world changes on the same days,
though, does it?