Hazle Az stuff

Old December 27th 06, 02:37 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Hazel Az

Default Hazle Az stuff

I have missed you guys dreadfully. A few people got ahold of my work e-mail
address and have kept me posted of many of the happenings on the group.
Even though I haven't posted I have thought of all of you and sent purrs and
prayers for everyone.

We lost Paint Job last year. She was the one that loved the string toss. I
just couldn't keep her in the house and she had to own the whole
neighborhood. We also couldn't keep a collar on her so the local feral pets
organization spayed her 3 times. You would think they'd notice the scars
and the clipped ear, but noooo..... Then one day she didn't come back. We
looked for her and put up posters and checked at the pound and the humane
society but no luck. So she is awol.

However I do still have my other fur turkeys. Shinobu will be 21 in March.
Dorrie will be 18 in March. Lucy Fur was just 9 last October and Spooky
(you remember when I got him?) was 6 lastAugust. I know, I can't believe it
either.

I have the same job I got 3 1/2 years ago and have gotten a couple of
promotions. I bought a house 18 months ago. Alex is 18 now and is working
part time for a friend of mine while he finishes school. The ex still crops
up from time to time to irritate me, but disappeared last September when I
got an order of protection. There are a couple of guys I'm seeing now and
one has the potential of being something serious. I spend my time working
on the house (it needed work when I bought it) and working at work. I'm
planning some major rennovation this winter and spring.

Needless to say, I'm still in Phoenix and thrilled to bits to be able to
get back on line again.

How are you all doing?

Old December 27th 06, 02:59 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lucy's Mom

On Wed, 27 Dec 2006 02:37:13 GMT, "Hazel Az"
wrote:

[...]

Hazel!!!! It's good to hear from you. I've wondered several times
how you were. Sounds like things are going well and we are very glad
to hear it!

We are all still here. Eric and I finally got engaged this summer.
We'll probably just go downtown to the JP sometime when the urge
strikes us. I'm too damn old for the stress and expense of a wedding!
But I wanted that ring and boy, did I get one!!!

All three kitties are still here. Tiger is 18 and in failing health.
Her kidneys are deteriorating and she has some arthritis in her hind
legs. We're treating the CRF as well as the arthritis, even though
the arthritis meds don't help her kidneys any. We could probably
prolong her life if we didn't treat the arthritis, but she would be in
pain and we don't want that. So we'll just do the best we can... She
seems happy enough though. Eating, bitching when there isn't a warm
lap available, etc....grin. Casper (around 9 we think) is still the
'fraidy cat and Lucy's (12) allergies have improved markedly since we
moved into our house (hard wood floors, no carpeting). In fact, my
allergies have improved as well.

Anyhow, we're all fine and are very glad you are, too!

--Eric, Kim and the Chigger Ranch Crew

Old December 27th 06, 03:37 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Fuga :o\)

It's so good to hear how you are doing. It's sounds like things are going
really for you.

I hope you had a wonderful christmas season. I hope we'll here from you
now.. I missed you.

purrs,

fuga

Old December 27th 06, 03:46 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

"Hazel Az" wrote:
I have the same job I got 3 1/2 years ago and have gotten a couple of
promotions. I bought a house 18 months ago. Alex is 18 now and is working
part time for a friend of mine while he finishes school. The ex still crops
up from time to time to irritate me, but disappeared last September when I
got an order of protection. There are a couple of guys I'm seeing now and
one has the potential of being something serious. I spend my time working
on the house (it needed work when I bought it) and working at work. I'm
planning some major rennovation this winter and spring.

Needless to say, I'm still in Phoenix and thrilled to bits to be able to
get back on line again.

How are you all doing?

I'm glad to hear from you! Most of us are doing well, more or less,
but we'd do even better if we had your resilience.

Old December 27th 06, 04:24 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Hazel Az wrote:

Needless to say, I'm still in Phoenix and thrilled to bits to be able to
get back on line again.

Thanks for the update, Hazel. It's lovely to see your name again.

Old December 27th 06, 04:42 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Susan M

Hi Hazel:

I'm sorry about Paint Job and so pleased to hear that Shinobu, Dorrie, Lucy
Fur, and Spooky are with you and doing well. 21 is pretty impressive! ...
and Alex is all grown up!

Since you've been on hiatus, we've lost Otis 3 times - once after we moved
(gone 4 days), another time when he broke out of a cattery (gone 12 days),
and another when he jumped into a neighbour's basement after a flood and
couldn't get back out the basement window (2 days). He's still marvelously
ornery and affectionate and will be 11 this January. Chester is still
mellow and sweet and gentlemanly.

I am expecting again in 6 weeks - my kids will be almost 9 and 6 1/2 when
this one arrives.

So glad to have you back and hope you plan to stick around for a while!

Take care,

Susan M
Otis and Chester

ink.net...

Old December 27th 06, 06:06 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Tanada

"Hazel Az" wrote in message
ink.net...
[...]

OMG, Alex is 18? I still think of him as in Jr High school. Amazing how
they grow up so fast. Sorry to read about Paint Job being AWOL, though nice
to read that you still are owned by Shinobu, Dorri, Lucy Fur, and Spooky.

I'm not surprised by the ex. Still think of him when cleaning litter boxes.
He still deserves a really stinky present from the masters.

Am glad that you have your life back, even though it's not the same as
before. Also glad to read about your promotions both personal and
professional. Hope that all continues to work out for you, Alex, and your
owners. Congrats on the house. I'm just learning what a pain it is to
upkeep them at times.

Pam S.

Old December 27th 06, 06:35 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Hazel Az wrote:

Needless to say, I'm still in Phoenix and thrilled to bits to be able to
get back on line again.

Where in Phoenix? I just moved to Phoenix from Los Angeles,
and don't know anybody here, yet. Also having trouble
finding my way around - Greater L. A. may have a larger
population, but I think Phoenix probably covers a lot more
ground! (I live near 7th Street and Bell Road.)
Old December 27th 06, 07:55 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
lewe

"Hazel Az" wrote in message
ink.net...
I have missed you guys dreadfully. A few people got ahold of my work
e-mail address and have kept me posted of many of the happenings on the
group. Even though I haven't posted I have thought of all of you and sent
purrs and prayers for everyone.

hey Haz,
good to "see" you on rpca again!
And of course hear you're doing well. But Alex 18? and Spooky 6? they must
grow fast around there ...
I am mostly keeping an eye on rpca from a distance so to speak, don't post
but try to keep up with major events - such as you posting ... RL just takes
too much time and energy and working by the 'puter just makes me want to
stay away from it when I'm not.
Thea & Bono are both 9 this winter but basically still the same silly
aby-monkeys as always and healthy.
Later ...
Best
Lena

--
lewe
lewemi at yahoo dot se | cats' pics: photos.yahoo.com/lewemi

Old December 27th 06, 11:15 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

"Hazel Az" wrote in message
ink.net...
[...]

Wow! Alex 18? Spooky 6? My goodness time flies!

Don't know when you last heard from us, but we're still here. You may not
know, but I think you do, that Joel & I got married in 2003 and had our
Yowlet in 2004. Said Yowlet is now 2 years, 8 months old, and running us
thoroughly ragged, although of course he is also a sheer delight when he's
not driving us nuts.

Fluffy is still a dog with very little brains. Shmoggleberry is alive and
kicking, although noticably a *senior* cat now, but, despite his age (about
16 we reckon) he can still pull a classic b*st*rd c*t trick every so often.

Otherwise, its pretty much same old, same old.

Gratz on the house, and *wonderful* to see you again.

Yowie