Valentine's Day party

Old February 16th 15, 09:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
cshenk

Default Valentine's Day party

ann791 wrote in rec.pets.cats.community:

On 2/15/2015 4:42 PM, cshenk wrote:
ann791 wrote in rec.pets.cats.community:

On 2/14/2015 9:11 PM, cshenk wrote:
Will in New Haven wrote in rec.pets.cats.community:

On Saturday, February 14, 2015 at 8:43:02 AM UTC-5, ann791
wrote:
On 2/13/2015 5:43 PM, Mosey =^..^= wrote:

Hi kitties,

We are having a Valentine's day party at our house. It
will be
outside and inside. Outside will have a building setup with a
fire pit and heaters. Lots of soft cushions and blankets and
Valentine's decorations.There is a lot of snow piled up and

we have sleds and toboggans. Don't worry if you live where
it is warm, we have extra outside clothes. There will be ice
staking on a ring Samwise is getting ready. Lots of food
and hot
drinks.

Inside we have decorated and will have more food and
drinks.

All kitties and doggies stop by and see us.

Lucy Lu

Hi Lucy Lu,
We would be happy to come to your Valentines Day Party,
yeUP It is in the 50's here in Seattle.
Is there anything we can bring?
I know, I'll bring some of my x-tra special home grown
nip and
we can all be silly billies .
How does that sound?
Love,
Mosey, PookyKat, Sqweex, and Pipps-all nip-heads yeUP

We look forward to seeing you. Nip sound good. Mommy
says I'm a
nip head.

Lucy Lu

Mosey laughs at Lucy Lu and as he and his clowdermates
arrive, Mosey puts a giant heart of REALLY good nip on
the table, for all of the nipheads to partake in. This
going to be lots of fun

Hi, Mosey, PookyKat, Sqweex, and Pipps. The nip heart looks
wonderful. I can't wait to try it. Have some nip tea and
something to eat. When you are ready we can go sledding or
ice skating. We all ready tried out the big hill and the
sleds go real fast.

Mine doggie, Samanfa, will go sledding wiff yoons. I am
stayin in da warm and drinkin tee.

Daisy-chan arrives with Cash and Iowna, and makes her greetings
then grins at the nip! Gifting the hostess with 3 lbs of lamb
shoulder, cut to 1/2 inch and bone in, they say hello to all.

Cash looks out the window and sees Samanfa sledding down the
hill and yipping her head off in glee while Iowna hears the
swishing of an ice skater. Grinning at Lucy Lu and hosts, they
trott off to go play outside.

Cash finds a big sled just his size at the bottom of the hill
and pulls it back up, jumps on, and squees like a puppy as he
flys down on it!

Meantime, Iowna sniffs her way to the ice rink and looks for the
smell of metal to find the skates. Finding them easily she
checks and there are 4 just right for her (kitty ones let out a
little). Slipping them on, she sets out. She's softly yipping
as she goes so the echos will warn her of the edges. She makes
a slow circut until she knows the layout then starts to
dance... Someone starts clapping and turns on some music. With
a grin, Iowna starts dancing to to the music as she glides by
on the ice.

Mosey and Daisy-chan grin at the antics outside.

Lucy lu straps on skates and joins Iowna on the ice. Iowna I
didn't know you could dance? May I join you.

lucy takes Iowna's paw and they dance around the skating ring.

Laughing Iowna invites Lucy to dance to:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPf0YbXqDm0

Iowna, can you teach my brother Samwise to skate to the music?
Samwise straps on skates and confidently steps onto the ice,as he
does his feet slip out from under him. Lucy Lu leans over to tell
Iowna but she heard the thump on the ice. Putting out a paw Iowna
helps Samwise up. Watch me as I start to skate. Move your paws slowly
in the direction you want to go.

Sure Samwise! Point your paws just a little bit out but hold them
close in so they do not sprawl. Watch.

Iowna puts her paws at 45 degree angles and slowly plopps to the ice as
they slide away. Then she tried 45 degree ones inwards and ends up in
a tangle of paws and giggles on the ice.

Next she makes a small 15 degree outer point and pushes offlifting one
foot set lightly then dropping them down and lifting the other.
Smoothly she slides across the ice then adds a little butt wriggle.
Next pass, she adds a shoulder wriggle to the butt wriggle. Squirls of
'Uptown Funky world' surround al the kittahs then Iowna shows a special
move 2 foots can't do on the ice. It takes 4 feets.

Shifting to forepaws, she starts twerking as she slides across the ice
then drops back paws back for a clean slide and with a giggle lands by
Samwise. She takes his paw and leads him out to something more sedate
while Cash comes up and sniffs for 'big boy' skates.

Finding a set and strapping them on, he turns his big brown gentle eyes
at the others and offers rides to little kittahs if they promise to not
dig in past his sweater.

Old February 17th 15, 01:53 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Will in New Haven[_2_]

wrote:
[...]

Meanwhile, Samantha is frolicking in the looser snow like a porpoise in the waves. She yips with delight, while her sisfer Squeakytoy watches from the comfort of a warm room.

--
Will in New Haven
Old February 18th 15, 01:45 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
cshenk

wrote:
[...]

Iowna grins and dances for a bit then as it gets colder, she slows and
pulls to the side.

Carefully she doffs her skates and Cash alerts and follows his buddy as
she walks on 3 feets inside, favoring her turning paw. She;s smiling
but barely. As she manages her way inside, she heads right for the
fireplace. There is a fake fur rug in front with 3 kittahs claiming
all of it but she sniffs her way in and they make room as she plopps
down and carfully props her turning paw up on a warm kittah to it gets
some fireplace arm. With a happy sigh, she shows the cats how to take a
doggie nap. They are amused but willing to try it and shortly, there
is a furry pile that purrs and lightly snores/snuffles.

Once Iowna is settled, Cash sees the other kittahs are watching a
movie. Benji! They may be snickering at his hero but he doesnt mind!
He wriggles into the middle (making a nice warm pillow for the rest)
and watches with glee! (keeping an eye on his buddy who is warming up
nicely). Samanfa comes in from the cold too and nibbles some hamburger
then settles in to watch Benji!

Old February 19th 15, 02:48 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
cshenk

ann791 wrote:
[...]

(side note, Iowna's arthritis kicked in pretty badly yesterday and she
slipped on the ice, turning a knee. Emergency vet visit the next day
as they were all closed that day. She is now resting nicely *on the
cat* who seems patient about it all. She's on tramadol and resting
nicely. The vets are flooded with dogs with injuries from slipping on
the ice, some with broken paws or legs).

Old February 20th 15, 01:57 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
cshenk

ann791 wrote:
[...]

Iowna wakens from a nice nap feeling much better. In another world,
her meowmie got her some proper arthritis meds that she puts in really
nice tasting treat things and Cash snagged a pocket full during one of
the slower spots of Benji!

She stretches gently and then carefully picks her way out from the
napping kittahs at the fireplace and joins a pillow before the TV for
the end of the Benji! movie. She's a little gentle about her turning
paw but 4 footed walking again. Snuggling in the middle where it is
warm, she grins and listens in to the movie.

As it ends and bitter cold sets in outside, Cash and 2 of the bigger
kittahs bring in some more logs for the fire. They debate the next
movie and Iowna says The 3 lives of Tomasina is good!

They can't find it but Iowna remembers it and starts the tale. Slowly
mesmerized kittahs listen with shivers and wonder as it all unfolds.

Old February 20th 15, 03:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Ann791

ann791 wrote:
[...]

After the movie we could port over to Hawaii for an adventure. It is
nice and warm there.

Lucy Lu
Old February 20th 15, 09:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
cshenk

UTC-5, ann791 wrote:
[...]

Yes! Warm is good! Iz been there once when I could still see. There
was this furever long black sand beach. We had a doggie show anna I
got a blue ribbon just for playing!

Because da sand was black, it was extra warm to dig yur toes in and
rest in da sun.

Iowna, Da happy BIG grin one