Cat Drowned In Pool

Old July 24th 03, 04:24 AM
Cat Protector

I see you are still in denial even after I quoted your posts time and time.
I can take it if someone's opinion differs from mine. What I can't take is
when we all offered you great suggestions and you threw it back in some of
our faces and decided against taking future precautions because it was in
your words "too much trouble."

I think what you are trying to do here is basically make me the bad guy now
to take the heat off you. I guess you can't admit that you have real problem
with people giving you advice. You still never answered my question again
though which leads me to believe you are avoiding it. How many lives will it
take before you take the necessary safety precautions? Also, why did you ask
for people's advice or suggestions in the first post if you had no intention
on listening to them?

As for your post about saving the world, I can do my best to save my corner
of it as well as help out cats that need it. I will keep helping cats no
matter what you think. Now, lets see if you can possibly pass up this post
so we can kill thread because the horse is ready to be buried.

Cat Galaxy: All Cats, All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com
"Tlg064" wrote in message

Will you get over it. I did not throw anything back in anyones face. Not

every
situation conforms to your dream land. You just cant take it when someone

else
does not see something exactly your way. Then you whine. You make it sound

like
your some kind of cat God and only you know whats right for them and only

you
know how to treat them right and as for the rest of us we dont have the

brains
to take care of a cat and we mistreat them. . You think your going to save

the
world or something. Maybe go down in history. Get real. Go F yourself.

When I open my door to come in and my 4 cats race to the door to meet me I

know
I must be doing something right.

Tom

Old July 24th 03, 09:19 PM

I made a single post, milder than many.
You've made a half-dozen, merrily flaming
anyone you please, repeatedly in some cases.
Why? Because they don't say exactly what you
want them to say, while their are no restrictions
on what you say, or what language you use.
Rather than take responsibility for your pointless
flaming post, you impotently try to attack yet again.
You should have tired of that game long ago.
You've made it clear you aren't worthwhile. Just
immature and foolish. Go ahead, flex your fingers yet
again, so predictable "Sherry".

(Sherry ) wrote in message ...
No I didn't miss it.

You took a sentence out of context.

The cat didn't die due to the extreme medical
condition he mentioned. Its death was as a result
of drowning.

I asked about what the vet said and did about
the condition the cat had before it died.

And for what purpose do you need this information? To flame the poster some
more? Sheesh.

Sherry

(k) wrote in message . com...
Someone asked if the cat could jump. Yes, but not well. Enough to jump onto a
chair or something but thats all. Sometimes it would take 2 tries. Her hind
legs were getting weak and sometimes going down stairs she would tumble all the
way down.

Then what did the vet say?
That is not at all normal for a cat of that age.

Most of the suggestions for objects in the pool won't work.
A cat is in a panic under those circumstances. It would have
to be a very large, stable, object, which you are unlikely
to provide, as you referred to some suggestion as "not too much
trouble, not in the way too much". When/if it happened, the
cat would have to "happen" onto the object.

The pool should be fenced. For animals, for children.
People who don't do so find themselves buried in lawsuits
when the unimagined happens -- a drown kid. A fenced yard
can definitely be deemed insufficient.

Cats aren't known for their aquatic abilities.
More likely to drown, than "swim". That's pretty basic.
If I had a cat, and a pool, and saw it drinking from the pool,
I would immediately worry about what would happen should the
cat fall in.

When you say things like "that's too much trouble" and
"oh, well, the other cat will just have to take its chances"
you shouldn't be so surprised when people lean on you a bit.
They can easily picture the panic that cat felt in the situation
that led to it's death.

Then there's the calling people "morons", as well as the other
pointless 4 letter words. Doesn't matter what the situation is, a
normal well-balanced adult doesn't do that. You didn't use
reasonable sense in advance of the incident, and you aren't willing
to do anything about the situation, preferring to just let another
animal drown if it happens. Rather than take responsibility you've
gone out on a very juvenile limb trying to justify your position,
and childishly struck out at others.

So, what did the vet say about her condition, what tests did he run,
what medication was prescribed?

Old July 24th 03, 11:02 PM
Sherry

I made a single post, milder than many.
You've made a half-dozen, merrily flaming
anyone you please, repeatedly in some cases.
Why? Because they don't say exactly what you
want them to say, while their are no restrictions
on what you say, or what language you use.
Rather than take responsibility for your pointless
flaming post, you impotently try to attack yet again.
You should have tired of that game long ago.
You've made it clear you aren't worthwhile. Just
immature and foolish. Go ahead, flex your fingers yet
again, so predictable "Sherry".

I see. Instead of answering the question, you chose to launch a personal
attack. I'm not flaming, or "impotently" attacking anyone. I am simply
defending someone who is grieving over what was an accident, from you people
who choose to flame-roast her into oblivion. I still don't see the point of
your question, since the cat is dead. Apparently you don't wish to share that.

Sherry

Old July 25th 03, 03:41 AM
-L.

Arjun Ray wrote in message . ..
In ,
(Tlg064) wrote:
| CatProtector Wrote [his usual insensate babbling]

| Will you get over it.

Trust me, he won't. He can't. He's constitutionally incapable of
evolving even a single cell of sense between his ears. And so, you
won't get the last word, because he'll come right back with something
even more outrageous.

| Get real. Go F yourself.

Please let it go: you will *not* get through to him. Nobody can.

Let me tell you about two incidents. The first one was about a year
ago, and I was "personally" involved. The second one was earlier.

In the first incident, I posted to the group about a terrible experience
I had, when I was one of the volunteers helping the ASPCA to clean up a
collector situation. (It aired as part of episode #214 of the "Animal
Precinct" show, back in January, BTW.) I wasn't too specific, but I
posted links to some pictures I had taken. They're he

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/...639&uid=514878

Anyway, someone posted that the pictures looked familiar, reminding her
of an episode she had already seen on Animal Precinct; an understandable
mistake, given that collector situations are all depressingly similar.
So I had to clarify that, no, this was actually new, that I had been
there personally, and that the production crew had said it would air
some time in the second season.

Well, you'd figure that would settle the matter, no big deal, right? Oh
no-o-o. Into a thread that was basically over stepped our hero Mr. Cat
Protector, insisting that the pictures were from that previous episode.
In other words, he was implying that I was a barefaced liar and that I
had lifted copyrighted material from the show to boot.

Shame on me, I lost it and gave him the whatfor. My indignant tirade
had *no* effect whatsoever on our resident village idiot. For the
obvious reason that nothing can have an effect on him.

The second incident was when someone posted about her desire to adopt
out her cat. That's a very drastic step to take, and posts like that
generally don't go down too well in this group. But her circumstances
were indeed exceptional, and though there was a lot of heat initially,
just about everyone in the group quickly agreed that finding a new home
for her cat was the best course of action. You can read the story he

http://www.ect.org/dj/js-0.html

Wow, what an incedible story. Thanks for posting it, though I'm sorry
it had to be in this context.

-L.
Old July 25th 03, 03:41 AM
-L.