Cardiomyopathy

Old December 5th 03, 03:23 PM
Sherry

I have found a person who can come in and feed them if I am taken ill
again. I got the offer the night after I thought that I had the problem
resolved with the superintendent here.

Larry Osborne

Good luck, Larry. Take care of yourself and you'll be fine. Cats are very good
nurses.
Lifestyle changes really suck at first, but it pays off. I have a real
love/hate relationship with the treadmill now, and have actually learned to
like healthy food.

Sherry
Old December 5th 03, 06:04 PM
Annie Wxill

"Larry Osborne" wrote in message
This is not a response to this particular item but a report regarding the
original message. I had to cancel Peepers Ultrasound this week. I had a
heart attack and had to leave the cats in the apartment. ...
Larry Osborne

Larry,
What a stressful thing to happen! Thank goodness you are better and at
home.
A couple of things we do just in case we are unexpectedly gone for an
extended time is to exchange keys with a trusted neighbor. That way we can
look out for each other's pets, mail, etc.
Another thing is that we have a cat sitter who has our key, and all we would
have to do is give her a call.
Annie

Old December 5th 03, 06:59 PM
Karen

Larry,
I'm so sorry about your heart attack. I'm glad everything turned out
alright for you and your kitties during your hospital stay. I hope your
and Peeper's health both continue to get better.

Karen M.

Larry Osborne wrote:
Thanks, I am trying to help me get along. I will just have to see how it
works out.

======================
======================

"Helen" wrote in message

"Larry Osborne" wrote in message

This is not a response to this particular item but a report regarding

the

original message. I had to cancel Peepers Ultrasound this week. I had

heart attack and had to leave the cats in the apartment. I left food

and

water enough to last a few days and while I was in the hospital one of

the

attemding cardiologists helped get ahold of the superintendents office

and

got a promise that if I faxed a signed letter letting them enter to feed

and

water the cats that they would do so. So we faxed the permission.

There

was enough food and water left to last to the end of Wednesday so I

wasn't

worried. They let me out Thursday late afternoon today and when I got

home

I found that my cats had NOT been fed or watered. The feed was gone

and

there was very little water remaining. I fed them quickly and put out

fresh

water which they both dug right in. They ate all their wet food and

then

completely ate up enough dry food to normally last a day. I put out

some

more dry food and they have slowed down (especially Peepers) their
consumption. It could have ended badly, if I had been held in the

hospital

longer. Got me mad enough to have to use my (new) nitro. I've since

calmed

down somewhat, I can't afford to get that angry right now and still be

here

for my 2 cats.

I'll contact the vet Friday to make another appointment for ultrasound

for

Peepers, hopefully within the week. This sucks.

Larry Osborne

Sorry to hear this, Larry. I'm glad you made it, and am very relieved to
hear your cats managed OK overall, despite the superintendent's office
letting you down.

Best wishes

Helen

Old December 6th 03, 04:10 AM
Larry Osborne

"Sherry " wrote in message
I have found a person who can come in and feed them if I am taken ill
again. I got the offer the night after I thought that I had the problem
resolved with the superintendent here.

Larry Osborne

Good luck, Larry. Take care of yourself and you'll be fine. Cats are very

good
nurses.
Lifestyle changes really suck at first, but it pays off. I have a real
love/hate relationship with the treadmill now, and have actually learned

like healthy food.

Sherry

Ugh, healthy food! What is the world coming to?

Larry Osborne

Old December 6th 03, 05:26 AM
Sherry

Good luck, Larry. Take care of yourself and you'll be fine. Cats are very
good
nurses.
Lifestyle changes really suck at first, but it pays off. I have a real
love/hate relationship with the treadmill now, and have actually learned

like healthy food.

Sherry

Ugh, healthy food! What is the world coming to?

Larry Osborne

OK, I can see you need a mentor.. Repeat after me... this is your new mantra...
"McDonald's Is The Devil." :-)

Sherry