Pine Cone announces this summer's voyage

Old March 9th 04, 12:33 AM
Mischief

Mischief: I'd be honored to join yer crew, capt'n. I've been cooped
up in this apartment waaaaaaaaay too long and I'm dying to get some
fresh air. There's just one catch. My stupid hoomin says she'll only
let me go on the voyage if Imp comes along with me. It's sooooooooo
STUPID!! Imp runs away from his shadow! There's no WAY he would make
it as a pirate cat.

Hmph! It's the only way I can go on this voyage, unfortunately. Mama
Kristi says I have to take care of Imp so he doesn't get scared.
Grrrrrrr!! Knowing him, he'll probably hide below deck for the entire
voyage. He thinks everything is a trick, and I know I'm going to have
to beat him silly just to get him on the blasted ship! Harumph! But
it's only because I'm dying for some pirate adventure, to be able to
sail the seven seas, with all the fish I can eat, that I'm willing to
put up with him! And Imp, well, I'm sure Imp will be great at
swabbing decks or some other meaningless task.

So I am ready for duty, Capt'n Pine Cone! (whispers) Imp! You're
supposed to say you're ready!

Imp: Uh, are you sure about this? This could be just a trick, cause
pirates are so scary. Did you see the movie where the pirates turned
in to walking skeletons...

Mischief: For the millionth time, will you RELAX???!! Now say that
you're ready, before I pull out your whiskers and hang them from the
mainsail!

Imp: Okay, okay, I'm ready..........I think.....

Mischief: That's better. Two more mischievous cats reporting for
duty!!!

Mischief and Imp
Old March 9th 04, 03:29 AM
Tanada

Hopitus2 wrote:

Hey, I thought Pine Cone's website is great, the pics also. Berfert was an
alcoholic?

Yeah, Berf was an alky. We don't drink, but we have friends who do, and
many of them would slide Berfert some under the table. You've never
seen a hang over until you've seen one on a cat. I was so glad that he
put himself on the wagon.

Pam S.

Old March 9th 04, 03:31 AM
Tanada

Hopitus2 wrote:

Hey, I thought Pine Cone's website is great, the pics also. Berfert was an
alcoholic?

Thank you. The other cats are demanding at least one page so that they
can reply. Sigh.

Yeah, Berf is an Alky. We don't drink, but we've had a lot of friend
who do, and most of them were quite willing to slide some to Berfert
under the table. I was SO glad when he put himself on the wagon.
You've never seen a hangover until you've seen it on a cat.

Pam S.

Old March 9th 04, 03:34 AM
Tanada

LOL wrote:

Mike's been feeling so rotten and worrying his mom so much lately
she's not about to let him out of her sight, but Ozzy and Tiger might
like to come along. They are both very hard-working kitties who
deserve a break from the office, and as lawcats they can help get
everyone out of trouble, though *surely* that won't be necessary. ;-)

I dunno about that. Last year they barely made it out of England and
Thailand by the skin of their teeth. Those little furry ones can get
into a lot of trouble.

Pam S.

Old March 9th 04, 03:39 AM
Tanada

Cathi wrote:

Greetings

As a seaside cat, I practically have brine in my veins, so would be glad
to join you on your adventures yet again. May I suggest that you do as
last year; up the English Channul, and up along the North Kent Coast
where I'll meet you at Whitstable Harber again? 'Tis a fine place for
stocking up on the essentials of life, like shrimpies. Then up the East
coast to Waffles, if she's game for a spot of hunting, which I'm sure
she will be.

Carrie, the fat one, wants to come again this year too. She's not so
bad really, and she's not so fat any more. Could you find space for her?

Aye, that works for me. I'm sure we can squeeze Carrie in, somehow.
I'm trying to get the fat one to lose some weight. If that works, we'll
have room for one or two more crew members.

Cap'n Pine Cone esq. calculating weight/mass/cargo ratios already

Old March 9th 04, 03:41 AM
Tanada

Marina wrote:

Aye, aye, Cap'n, here are two hearty swabbies always ready for an adventure!
Especially at sea. Will you pick us up frpm our island as you did last year?
Germany is quite near to us, so we could ghost oer there, but if you come to
our island, we can offer some good huntin' and nice climbing trees.

Ye mateys,
Frank and Nikki

Arr, visiting the island be high on my list. Nikki taught us much about
sea fishing last year, and the fat one showed me a picture of a cat
wearing a scuba suit. Maybe I can talk her into getting me one.

Cap'n Pine Cone esq.

Old March 9th 04, 03:49 AM
Tanada

CATherine wrote:

Robin, the Lovebug, applying for the trip. I am young and strong and
full of adventure. And I especially want to see some of those
fleshpots! And maybe we can even swing by Russia? Meowmy tells me i am
a Russian blue, so I thought I would like to see some of my distant
relatives. And drink some vodka while learning to do the Cossack
Dance.

Note from Robin's Meowmy: I will let Robin go on the trip but I want
to warn you about his way of sneaking out the door. Don't let him go
off ship by himself or the little sh*t will get himself in trouble and
won't make it back to the ship. Sometimes he is too curious for his
own good.

Not to worry, Robin's Meowmy. I'll ask one of my responsible lads or
lasses to chaperone the lad. If we have to we'll lock him up with the
fat wench in the hold when we make landfall. We have to watch out for
her, and keep her out of trouble too.

Cap'n Pine Cone esq.

Old March 9th 04, 03:51 AM
Tanada

Victor Martinez wrote:

Aye aye Capn!

Fez and Rufous reporting for duty. We wanted to come last time, but we
were too young then. We're now almost 10 months old, so we should be ok
at sea.

Welcome aboard swabbies. We can use some good strong young blood around
here. Just don't get any thoughts in yer heads about dumpin over the
bait buckets. The hoomins may not tolerate it this year.

Cap'n Pine Cone esq. who expects the hoomins to do as they're told

Old March 9th 04, 03:53 AM
Tanada

Lisa Katt wrote:

Oh, I don't know, we are next to Germany here in south Sweden anyway. I am
not going around the world with you, possibly I will invite you all to my
15teenth birthday if you are around then (1 Sept).
You kittens have fun, I'll stay here in my own wonderful paradise.
Hugo Katt

Arr we espects to be in yer area in June. Maybe you can set us up for a
feast one night. I'm sure some good Swedish cooking will go down well
after a couple of weeks or so of eatin at sea.

Cap'n Pine Cone esq. interested in Swedish cooking