Sammy Hates Taxes!

Old February 5th 05, 09:54 PM
CatNipped

Default Sammy Hates Taxes!

Oh my! OK, I'll admit I'm obsessive-compulsive when it comes to cleaning
house and needing to have everything in its place and just so. But when it
comes to money, I'm very irresponsible and don't think for a second about
what I'm spending or why. DH, on the other hand, could live in the middle
of a trash heap quite happily, but needs to know where every penny goes and
holds onto said penny until it is shiny from rubbing!

We seem to work well together when we're not bashing heads over our
respective peccadilloes, since we tend to play on each others' strengths
rather than pick at each others' weaknesses. But by doing this I pay
absolutely *NO* attention to how he manages the checkbook (online) or how he
files financial documents etc.

Yesterday, DH started pulling out everything he needs to do taxes (this is
the first year we've owned a home together and thus the first year it would
be sensible for us to do the long form). Little did I know that he had kept
*EVERY* receipt for *EVERY* single purchase we made for the entire year (he
said something about in Texas you can deduct sales tax).

Now, had it been just him spending our money throughout the year he may have
had a small one-inch stack of receipts to sort. But, he also had to sort
through *MY* receipts. I had no idea how many purchases I made last year
until I saw receipts covering our kitchen table, piled high on all four
kitchen chairs, solidly covering three counter tops, and on half of the
available floor space. All stacked and sorted into neat little piles
according to what type of purchase it was.

To bring this back on topic, I walked upstairs to see how he was doing (he's
been going at this since 10:00AM yesterday morning, and it's going on 18
hours of work now), and Sammy, as usual, was hot on my heels (hehehe, can
you guess where this is going???).

Sammy's eyes grew wide at the stacks and stacks of little pieces of paper
just waiting there so temptingly begging to be played with. She started
running from halfway across the living room. Ben turned and saw her heading
his way.

I could see DH's eyes grow wide as he realized Sammy's intention and thought
about his 18 hours of work about to be strewn to the four winds (well, at
least to the Sammy's wind). DH jumped up to grab Sammy before she could
skid across the piles of receipts on the floor and jump from a chair to the
middle of the paper-covered table. In his haste, DH accidentally knocked
into the table. The table skidded across the floor, spilling receipts in
its wake, then knocked into the chairs which spilled *their* receipts in
their wake, and the receipts on the floor were scattered in the wake of the
table and chairs.

I managed to grab Sammy before she reached the kitchen, but as you can see,
even the *threat* of Sammy can cause havoc before she even arrives on the
scene!!!

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old February 5th 05, 10:11 PM
Kreisleriana

On Sat, 05 Feb 2005 21:54:38 GMT, "CatNipped"
yodeled:
(snip)

[...]

OMG, this is so funny-- because just this morning, I pulled out all my
papers too, to clean, sort, and generally get rid of stuff. And
Stinky, even at what is supposed to be a dignified age, still cannot
resist leaping into the pile.

Theresa
Old February 6th 05, 03:36 AM
Magic Mood Jeep©

OK, sorry, but being left handed I have a very mild form of dyslexia,
occasionally swapping letters & numbers if I don't look closely at what I'm
reading, so I read this subject and thought it read "Sammy hates Texas", and
thought "but doesn't catnipped, Sammy & all the rest *LIVE* in Texas???" and
"Why does a cat care what state he/she lives in"......

but then I blinked and read it again.....

--
The ONE and ONLY
former-blonde in Bloomington! (And proud of it, too)© email me at

Old February 6th 05, 02:22 PM
Victor Martinez

CatNipped wrote:
be sensible for us to do the long form). Little did I know that he had kept
*EVERY* receipt for *EVERY* single purchase we made for the entire year (he
said something about in Texas you can deduct sales tax).

Yikes! Yes, it's a new thing this year. TurboTax just gave me an
estimate based on my income, I think paper forms come with a similar
lookup table.
I'd be very curious to see if the sum of all taxes comes out to be
significantly different than the estimated number the IRS provides.
The only forms I used for doing my taxes were the W2's, mortgage
interest, property taxes, and the one from the bank where they indicated
I had $13 in interest income...
I noticed that my effective tax rate seems to be a bit higher this year
than last year. Dude, where's my tax cut? I guess I don't make enough
money to get one...

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old February 10th 05, 07:58 AM
Steve Touchstone

ROTFLMAO

wrote:

[...]

faithful servant of Sammy and Little Bit

[remove Junk for email]
Home Page:
Old February 11th 05, 06:51 AM
Melissa Houle

Poor DH!!! I hate to think of all that hard, careful work going for nothing.
But..... ROTFLMAO, too!!! "Well Geez, there's no point in knocking over all
those fun little piles of papers if Daddy's going to knock them over first!"
Poor Sammy!

Melissa

ROTFLMAO