I think Bruiser joined a gang

Old March 20th 04, 10:47 PM
Sherry

I would like to think my tattoos are nice. Since I have them does that mean
I'm bad/evil? Would people in Oklahoma even speak to me if they new I
had ink?

Oh, who cares. It's all so silly. I'm not even sure the *reason* for the
ban...I wonder now if it's a "your-body-is-a-temple" Bible belt issue, or a
health issue..people here just go to Wichita Falls or Dallas to get them
anyway. There are *plenty* of people with tatoos here. Most prevalent are the
WWII vets, on which I think tatoos are very cool.

Sherry
Old March 20th 04, 10:53 PM
Sherry

One a very stylized "crown of thorns" kinda thing
around his arm and an extremely sexy sun-like motif in the small of his
back. I just wanted to lick it!!! YUM!

--
Victor Martinez

Down, boy!!!!
But hey, I relate. We had the house roofed last summer and my roof was *full*
of youngish hunks, sans shirts, with and without tatoos. I found many reasons
to walk outside that day. Koo-koo-ka-choo Mrs. Robinson.

Sherry
Old March 20th 04, 11:22 PM
jmcquown

Sherry wrote:
One a very stylized "crown of thorns" kinda thing
around his arm and an extremely sexy sun-like motif in the small of
his back. I just wanted to lick it!!! YUM!

--
Victor Martinez

Down, boy!!!!
But hey, I relate. We had the house roofed last summer and my roof
was *full* of youngish hunks, sans shirts, with and without tatoos. I
found many reasons to walk outside that day. Koo-koo-ka-choo Mrs.
Robinson.

Sherry

ROFL!! Okay, Sherry, I can relate! And much more attractive than Dustin
Hoffman on his best day by the pool

Jill

Old March 20th 04, 11:39 PM
Hopitus2

Well, whatever you're a doctor of, I think that *was* indeed worth some sort
of celebration.
To each his own.

"Kreisleriana" wrote in message
: On Sat, 20 Mar 2004 14:41:54 -0500, "Hopitus2"
: yodeled:
:
: Har. Speak for yourself, kiddo. Over the years in xray room, I reduced
the
: drunkest, doped-up, most belligerent, combative, snarling biker-types to
: giggling pre-adolescencent showoffs....by oohing and aahing admiration of
: their multiple tatoos. Pretending at first, I really did gain awe and
: amazement over some of those I saw that "did tricks" (wiggling snakes,
: smiles that grinned wider, women's body parts that....never mind; all
: through muscle control). At present, I just don't think tatoos are very
: attractive on women unless on extremities. On women, it just reminds me
of
: (unfair, unfair, true, I admit) prison inmates.
:
:
:
: I got mine after passing the oral examination in my doctoral
: program.
:
:
: Theresa
: alt.tv.frasier FAQ: http://www.im-listening.net/FAQ/
:
: Single-mindedness is all very well in cows or baboons; in an animal
: claiming to belong to the same species as Shakespeare it is simply
disgraceful.
: (Aldous Huxley)

Old March 20th 04, 11:54 PM
Hopitus2

Just a guess (I'm not even near OK and would have no way of knowing what
their thinking was) but "tattoo parlors" - they're on every block around my
area - here also do piercings;
if sanitary measures are not observed (I assume similar to "sharps" protocol
in hospitals)
some really bada** diseases *could* be spread to patrons; i.e. hepatitis of
all types, hiv,
basically blood-borne stuff. Perhaps OK just didn't want to deal with the
licensing, follow-up policeing, etc. involved in what would just appear to
be a harmless if individual decorative process facility. My best guess.
Something else currently "under the gun" in my area, from which people are
actually *dying*
frequently, is "doctors' office" plastic surgery, everything from
liposuction (!) to lip-plumping to (most popular) boob jobs. If you're
considering plastic work, have it done in a hospital, where live-saving
equipment and trained personnel are at hand in an instant. That's the
problem with many "office" procedures all the way from here to Miami and
vicinity.

"Sherry " wrote in message
: I would like to think my tattoos are nice. Since I have them does that
mean
: I'm bad/evil? Would people in Oklahoma even speak to me if they new
: had ink?
:

Old March 21st 04, 01:01 AM
JoJo

Some tattoo parlors can be bad, but most follow health codes. Needles are
new, never used. The ink is in little disposable cups and tossed once they
are done with you. The artists wear gloves just like they do in the
hosptial. There is some blood, but nothing major. I've got the belly
button pierced (only thing other than my ears that I will ever pierce), not
even a drop of blood. In fact, compared to the tattoos the bb was a walk in
the park. Not sure if other piercings bleed, but I'm not going to find out.
I'm still trying to figure out the tongue piercing - ok, I get tears in my
eyes if I accidentally bite my tongue, I can only imagine how bad if I had a
hole poked through it - no thanks! Call me a wuss.....

Old March 21st 04, 01:05 AM
Seanette Blaylock

"Exocat" had some very interesting things to
say about I think Bruiser joined a gang:

JPEGs?
Exocat
(not yet an honorary Dave but trying his best)

AFAICT, all heterosexual men are Daves. Some just post under other
names. :-)
Old March 21st 04, 01:21 AM
Yowie

"JoJo" wrote in message
Some tattoo parlors can be bad, but most follow health codes. Needles are
new, never used. The ink is in little disposable cups and tossed once

they
are done with you. The artists wear gloves just like they do in the
hosptial. There is some blood, but nothing major. I've got the belly
button pierced (only thing other than my ears that I will ever pierce),

not
even a drop of blood. In fact, compared to the tattoos the bb was a walk

in
the park. Not sure if other piercings bleed, but I'm not going to find

out.
I'm still trying to figure out the tongue piercing - ok, I get tears in my
eyes if I accidentally bite my tongue, I can only imagine how bad if I had

hole poked through it - no thanks! Call me a wuss.....

I haven't done a toungue peircing (and never will!) but have had a few
friends get it done. They say its not that bad, and it heals *very* quickly.
They do like the way the tongue peircing enhances the sensation of some,
err, adult activities, but they all got sick of the chipped teeth and they
no longer wear their tongue jewellry.

Yowie

Old March 21st 04, 01:34 AM
Seanette Blaylock

"JoJo" had some very interesting things to say
about I think Bruiser joined a gangLONG:

Some tattoo parlors can be bad, but most follow health codes. Needles are
new, never used. The ink is in little disposable cups and tossed once they
are done with you. The artists wear gloves just like they do in the
hosptial. There is some blood, but nothing major. I've got the belly
button pierced (only thing other than my ears that I will ever pierce), not
even a drop of blood. In fact, compared to the tattoos the bb was a walk in
the park. Not sure if other piercings bleed, but I'm not going to find out.
I'm still trying to figure out the tongue piercing - ok, I get tears in my
eyes if I accidentally bite my tongue, I can only imagine how bad if I had a
hole poked through it - no thanks! Call me a wuss.....

I saw one done on Mythbusters, and it didn't seem to bleed much, but
the piercee decided not to keep it [he apparently really didn't care
for a relatively heavy metal object through the tongue].