I think Bruiser joined a gang

Old March 22nd 04, 01:11 PM
Sherry

That does seem really stupid. Isn't Oklahoma the state where they still
allow cockfighting? Seems they have their priorities mixed up.

Actually, cockfighting has been against the law for awhile, but
raising and fighting birds was legal. So, what do they think the
people raising the birds planned to do with them, if not fight them to
the death?

Anyway, voters banned raising them in a recent election. Unbelievably
to me, the cockfighters have a powerful lobby who are still fighting
to get the ban overturned. But, for now at least, it's against the law
to raise the birds as well as fight them.
--
Steve Touchstone,

Oh no. Now ya'll have done it. You got me on my soapbox again. I worked my b*tt
off on that campaign and circulated the petition, wrote letters, contacted
legislators. We got the issue on the ballot. The people voted, but the majority
did *not* rule. In all my naivete, I thought that's the way a democracy works,
but the Gamefowl Association is so powerful. The issue is still tied up in the
courts, who will decide whether cockfighting *now* will be a county-by-counyt
issue; with the counties (rural) that originally defeated the measure will
still allow cockfighting.
I still have faith that this is just a stall tactic and the supreme court won't
overturn it. It will be a sad day if a "vote of the people" is overturned by
the Supreme court.

Sherry
Old March 22nd 04, 08:26 PM
polonca12000

That must have been really interesting!
Best wishes,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"badwilson" wrote in message
snip One day I noticed something funny about his arm,
where his sleeve had ridden up. I asked him if he had a tattoo. He was
kind of embarrassed at first but then everyone showed so much interest

that
he told us that his whole upper body was tattooed like a jungle scene. We
ended up posting a lookout at the door and he took off his shirt to reveal
the jungle scene. It was amazing, with tigers and leopards, etc. After
that all we could talk about was tattoos and not much photocopier business
went on that afternoon ;-)

Old March 23rd 04, 02:43 PM
OU812?

Sherry wrote:
Tattooing is illegal in Oklahoma? I've never heard that one. Do
you mean for cats and other animals, or for humans too? What if you
already have a tattoo, can you not go to Oklahoma? Do they have a
lot of laser tattoo removal clinics there? The mind boggles...
--
Britta

Yes, human tattooing is illegal here! Is that not the stupidest
thing? You can carry a gun, drive 75 miles an hour, but you can't get
a tattoo. Go figure.

Sherry

What about piercings?

Kristy
curious
--
((
/\ /\ ))
# # # #
*Bomber*

Old March 23rd 04, 04:32 PM
Sherry

Yes, human tattooing is illegal here! Is that not the stupidest
thing? You can carry a gun, drive 75 miles an hour, but you can't get
a tattoo. Go figure.

Sherry

What about piercings?

Kristy
curious

I guess they're legal....you can get your ears pierced at the mall anyway. I
don't know who does eyebrow, nipple, tongue, nose, etc.etc. piercings. But you
sure do see a lot of it, so they're doing it somewhere.
Sherry
Old March 24th 04, 05:34 AM
Stacey

wrote in message SNIP
I've never been that tempted to get a tattoo myself, partly because I

know it's painful (and I'm a wuss), and partly because of a fear of getting
a bloodborne disease.
SNIP

I agree, the pain and disease factor puts me off.

Although the other day I drove by a tatoo parlor on my way home, and I
nearly turned in and got one.. thinking "Oh, just a small one would be
cool.".

Then I slapped that mid-life crisis right back into submission and headed on
home. It's one thing to suddenly find myself going out weekends and dancing
and drinking and wearing 'sexy' clothes again (DH says "You do remember
we're not 21 anymore, right?).. it's another thing altogether to get a
friggin tattoo!!!!!

Stacey

Old March 24th 04, 02:40 PM
Kreisleriana

On Wed, 24 Mar 2004 04:34:32 GMT, "Stacey"
yodeled:

wrote in message SNIP
I've never been that tempted to get a tattoo myself, partly because I

know it's painful (and I'm a wuss), and partly because of a fear of getting
a bloodborne disease.
SNIP

I agree, the pain and disease factor puts me off.

Although the other day I drove by a tatoo parlor on my way home, and I
nearly turned in and got one.. thinking "Oh, just a small one would be
cool.".

Then I slapped that mid-life crisis right back into submission and headed on
home. It's one thing to suddenly find myself going out weekends and dancing
and drinking and wearing 'sexy' clothes again (DH says "You do remember
we're not 21 anymore, right?)..

Sounds like a "Honeymooners" episode!

Theresa

Single-mindedness is all very well in cows or baboons; in an animal
claiming to belong to the same species as Shakespeare it is simply disgraceful.
(Aldous Huxley)