Addict...

Old December 25th 05, 11:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Addict...

Beef today...

And it is revealed that a certain one-eyed, black-furred lady cat is a beef
addict...

She has been winding herself round my legs as I sliced it...

I've never seen a cat eat slivers of beef so quickly...

She growls *very* loudly if Marble or Francis go near her as she is eating
*her* beef...

One cow is not enough for a six-pound, highly-refined lady cat who loses all
manners when there is beef to be eaten...

When one has eaten a cow, one has to have a short nap curled up on Meowmie's
knee to build up the strength for more pleading for beef...

Festive cheers, helen s

Old December 25th 05, 11:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

wafflycat wrote:
Beef today...

And it is revealed that a certain one-eyed, black-furred lady cat is
a beef addict...

She has been winding herself round my legs as I sliced it...

I've never seen a cat eat slivers of beef so quickly...

She growls *very* loudly if Marble or Francis go near her as she is
eating *her* beef...

One cow is not enough for a six-pound, highly-refined lady cat who
loses all manners when there is beef to be eaten...

When one has eaten a cow, one has to have a short nap curled up on
Meowmie's knee to build up the strength for more pleading for beef...

Festive cheers, helen s

Poor, poor kitty! Only having that little bit of cow... she deserves more
cow, that's for sure! LOL

Persia got a pouch of turkey & giblets in gravy and is meatloafing... she is
waiting for me to take the cornish game hen out of the oven along with the
cornbread and wild rice dressing. She'll go nuts over the hen. I'll go
nuts over the dressing

Jill

Old December 26th 05, 12:11 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

How long is it before dinner you made my mouth water. I had to let others
cook this year muscle still very sore can't stand for long periods or move
quickly enough to do dinner. Pray for me and my stomach. The wife is
doing the majority of the cooking; Ellie may was a gourmet chef compared to
her. But god bless her for trying to do everything she comes running in
every few minutes and ask what to do and how to do it. I have banned her
sister from coming here for any event for at least one year. The rest of
the family has come in and thanked me for that ( the trouble maker she is ).
Merry Christmas everyone I get to be served this year.

Old December 26th 05, 12:39 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

wafflycat wrote:

Beef today...

And it is revealed that a certain one-eyed, black-furred lady cat is a
beef addict...

She has been winding herself round my legs as I sliced it...

I've never seen a cat eat slivers of beef so quickly...

She growls *very* loudly if Marble or Francis go near her as she is
eating *her* beef...

One cow is not enough for a six-pound, highly-refined lady cat who loses
all manners when there is beef to be eaten...

When one has eaten a cow, one has to have a short nap curled up on
Meowmie's knee to build up the strength for more pleading for beef...

Festive cheers, helen s

Melisande foiled me again! She doesn't much care for
"people" food, and usually refuses to touch it. However, I
do think she should have SOMETHING "special" on human
feastdays, so bought her a couple cans of "Sheba" (at 65
cents a serving). I gave her the "Filet Mignon with meaty
juices" this morning. She barely got her nose close enough
to sniff it, looked at me, gave me a complaining "mrowp",
and hasn't touched it yet! (I hope the "Gourmet Chicken"
gets a more enthusiastic response for supper, but I'm not
taking any wagers!)

Old December 26th 05, 01:43 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

NMR wrote:
How long is it before dinner you made my mouth water. I had to let
others cook this year muscle still very sore can't stand for long
periods or move quickly enough to do dinner. Pray for me and my
stomach. The wife is doing the majority of the cooking; Ellie may
was a gourmet chef compared to her. But god bless her for trying to
do everything she comes running in every few minutes and ask what to
do and how to do it. I have banned her sister from coming here for
any event for at least one year. The rest of the family has come in
and thanked me for that ( the trouble maker she is ). Merry Christmas
everyone I get to be served this year.

Be careful what you wish for... I'm liable to cook up a mess of collard
greens and throw a possum on the grill! wink Just kidding, turnip greens
are much better than collards.

Lucky you for getting served

Jill

Old December 26th 05, 04:19 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Just because I have money doesn't mean I am silver spooned :-) :-) :-)
My family started out on the farm and some of the family still run the farm
( change to a gentleman's farm raising horses) even though I can't see any
of them now getting up at 4 am to feed the chickens or horses in the snow.
I am originally from the country the hills of Kentucky to be in fact( no
hillbilly jokes about a fellow named Jed) . My father thought it would be
good for any to be man to do hard work to learn what it meant.
I will eat the possum as long as you boil it to get the **** taste out of
it since when they die the bladder soaks the meat. And there ain't nothin
wrong with collard greens some chitins to go with it would be fine but
squirrel taste better with collards

Merry Christmas Jill

Ps It ain't no fun being served when you are sore

Old December 26th 05, 05:44 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

NMR wrote:
Just because I have money doesn't mean I am silver spooned :-) :-) :-)
My family started out on the farm and some of the family still run
the farm ( change to a gentleman's farm raising horses) even though
I can't see any of them now getting up at 4 am to feed the chickens
or horses in the snow.

My great uncle raised Tennessee Walker's in Virginia, of all places. My
first experience with horses was when I was a year old and we went to visit
them. my parents put me on an old mare in the corral... she swished her
tail at a fly and I fell off. Mom didn't believe I remembered it until I
described exactly how they were standing... and the rocks glasses they were
holding. Ooops! Bourbon while Jill is on a horse? Yep.

I am originally from the country the hills of
Kentucky to be in fact( no hillbilly jokes about a fellow named Jed)

That was Tennessee, silly

. My father thought it would be good for any to be man to do hard
work to learn what it meant. I will eat the possum as long as you
boil it to get the **** taste out of it since when they die the
bladder soaks the meat. And there ain't nothin wrong with collard
greens some chitins to go with it would be fine but squirrel taste
better with collards

I still perfer turnip greens. Dad is partial to dandylion greens, but then,
he's from Pennsylvania.

Old December 26th 05, 06:58 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Sun 25 Dec 2005 05:46:24p, wafflycat wrote in
rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
):

Beef today...

And it is revealed that a certain one-eyed, black-furred lady
cat is a beef addict...

She has been winding herself round my legs as I sliced it...

I've never seen a cat eat slivers of beef so quickly...

She growls *very* loudly if Marble or Francis go near her as she
is eating *her* beef...

One cow is not enough for a six-pound, highly-refined lady cat
who loses all manners when there is beef to be eaten...

When one has eaten a cow, one has to have a short nap curled up
on Meowmie's knee to build up the strength for more pleading for
beef...

Festive cheers, helen s

Same to you!

My addict is Shamrock. He does the same thing when I give him raw
chicken liver. No one dare approach the dish of *his* chicken
liver.

--
Cheryl
Old December 26th 05, 07:05 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Sun 25 Dec 2005 06:39:51p, EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque) wrote in
rec.pets.cats.anecdotes ):

Melisande foiled me again! She doesn't much care for
"people" food, and usually refuses to touch it. However, I
do think she should have SOMETHING "special" on human
feastdays, so bought her a couple cans of "Sheba" (at 65
cents a serving). I gave her the "Filet Mignon with meaty
juices" this morning. She barely got her nose close enough
to sniff it, looked at me, gave me a complaining "mrowp",
and hasn't touched it yet! (I hope the "Gourmet Chicken"
gets a more enthusiastic response for supper, but I'm not
taking any wagers!)

LOL! Mine like the Sheba food only every once in a while. I got the
"Alaskan King Crab" for Shamrock because every time I get crab meat
for me, he hovers over me, and I hoped that a cat food with that
"flavor" would be a treat. He wouldn't touch it. He and Scarlett like
the Rotisserie chicken flavor as a treat now and again.

--
Cheryl
Old December 26th 05, 10:17 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Cheryl" wrote in message

Same to you!

My addict is Shamrock. He does the same thing when I give him raw
chicken liver. No one dare approach the dish of *his* chicken
liver.

Of my three it is Waffles who is the real people food fiend. Waffles adores
turkey, chicken, beef, fish and her absolute favourite... ham. Ham is to
Waffles as chocolate is to a chocolate addict.

Marble is just a food fiend, period. Especially if the food is something
being eaten by Waffles or Francis. He is a food bully who will show no
interest in what is being offered *until* he spots Waffles of Francis eating
it then he turns into a monster bully who will push anyone and everything
out of the way to get to whatever it is that they are having. He is an
incredible bully when it comes to food.

Francis is not fussy. He has no interest in 'people food' and is quite happy
on his senior cat food.

Festive cheers, helen s

--
Cheryl