Shadow Update 1st July

Old July 1st 08, 04:46 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

Default Shadow Update 1st July

Shadow is no longer skin & bone and her fur is getting softer. I suspect
that she might be prone to being a very 'fluffy' cat as she vacuums up all
food put in front of her, whilst the others two are happy to free-feed their
portions. This works out because Shadow wont go into the laundry (where the
food for the other two is) and the other two don't have the opportunity to
eat Shadow's food because she eats in all in one sitting.

She has had two big fights - one with Pickle, one with Suki. She has a small
scratch on her nose, as does Pickle. A day or so after her fight with Suki
(which produced *lots* of white fur but no injuries) she touched noses with
Suki and then sniffed Suki's nether regions. She no longer hisses and growls
alot at Suki (although she wouldn't understand that its pointless anyway,
because Suki, being deaf, has no clue about the hissing & growling),
although will do so if she's surprised or if Suki looks the wrong way at her
food bowl.

Shadow is still hissing & growling at Pickle, though. I am hoping that they
do eventually sort things out between them.

Shadow continues to go potty in the smaller of the two kitchen sinks. In one
way its easier than a litter box - just flush :-). Just wish it was the
*bathroom* sink rather than the kitchen one. She has not gone near the
litterbox in the kitchen, so we've pretty much given up hope.

She no longer seems particularly interested in the Out. She sometimes comes
out of the kitchen (her territory) and makes her way to under the dining
table, as this is her second favourite haunt. This morning I caught her
exploring the bookshelves, but she skuttled quickly back under the dining
room table when I came into the room with that "I've been caught" look. Poor
cat, what life did she have before coming here? I was *happy* she was
exploring the bookcase - thats what cats *do*! She's still not overly fond
of Joel, and will hiss and attempt to bite if he picks her up. She doesn't
always do that to me, but it also depends on how I approach her and what
she's doing when I try to pick her up. Woe betide if you try to touch her
whislt she's eating!

Out of allt he cats, she's the one who winds around my ankles when I'm in
the kitchen, and is the most annoying when cooking or dishing up food - no
matter how many times I remove her from the counter, she returns straight
away, like a yo-yo. Anytime I walk in the kitchen she throws herself into
upside-downy headed cute poses, and loves having her chest rubbed (I'm still
not going to touch that belly!). She loves being petted, but is easily
overstimulated, and doesn't just nip, she really has a good go before
stopping, shaking her head, and then demanding perts again. I've learnt the
hard way that her tail (which I think perhaps is missing a bit, because its
quite short compared to Suki & Pickle) is the best indicator of her mood,
and if it starts to thrash, then its time to turf her off my lap before she
tries to attack me.

I can somewhat understand why she was abandoned, she's not an easy cat to
live with. Not everyone would put up with a cat that used the kitchen sink
as the litterbox, nor one that was forever on the counters whilst preparing
food, or even one that savagely attacks suddenly whilst clearly enjoying a
pettin's. Given these three things, I don't think i could surrender her to a
shelter, because I think she'd be given back pretty quickly. She does need a
person who understands the Way of Cat and is prepared to put up with her
quirks. Thats not to say I will necessarily keep her forever either, because
I can see quite clearly she'd be happier as an only cat, but until such time
as I find suitable slaves, or until she settles down and announces my place
her foreverhome, she's still got a place with me. Perhaps not the 'best'
place, but better than being on the streets, and better than being rejected
again and again via a shelter.

Yowie

Old July 1st 08, 07:27 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Yowie" wrote in message
[...]

She is lucky to have you!

Joy

Old July 1st 08, 12:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Charleen Welton

What Joy said indeed. You do understand the Way of The Cat and she is much
the happier better off kitty for it.
Charleen

"Joy" wrote in message
.. .

Old July 1st 08, 01:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Magic Mood Jeep ©

Yowie wrote:
[...]

Bless you, Vickie, for attempting to do best for this lost owner. Purrs
that she settles into your home, or that you find an *understanding* and
*knowing* forever slave for her.

her wipe out Bunny's world domination.
--
The ONE and ONLY
Old July 1st 08, 01:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Yowie wrote:
Shadow is no longer skin & bone and her fur is getting softer.

snip update

I'm glad to read that Shadow and Suki have worked out their relation,
hope Shadow and Pickle can come to some sort of an agreement soon. Purrs
that your household can settle into peaceful co-existence. Maybe Shadow
will start using the litterbox, too.

Old July 1st 08, 04:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kathy[_2_]

Bless your heart, Yowie, you seem to be a good slave for those cats. You
know "the Way of Cat" very well.

--
^..^

Kathy P.
Woodgie's Gramma

Old July 1st 08, 11:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Yowie wrote:
Shadow is no longer skin & bone and her fur is getting softer. I suspect
that she might be prone to being a very 'fluffy' cat as she vacuums up all
food put in front of her, whilst the others two are happy to free-feed their
portions. This works out because Shadow wont go into the laundry (where the
food for the other two is) and the other two don't have the opportunity to
eat Shadow's food because she eats in all in one sitting.

You may find this will change, once she is accustomed to having food
available as needed. My Patches had been a stray for three years,
freeloading from my next-door neighbor who fed her six cats outside
(unwittingly providing for Patches and the occasional roaming raccoon,
also). Because he was never quite sure whether there'd be food the next
time he wanted it, he had become somewhat obese (although he was by
nature a rather large cat). Once he realized there was always a full
dish of crunchies in our kitchen, plus moist food served twice a day, he
slimmed down considerably. (It's surprising how quickly a cat willing
to gobble anything in its dish can become "finicky", too!)
Old July 4th 08, 10:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
polonca12000

Yowie wrote:
snip
I can see quite clearly she'd be happier as an only cat, but until such time
as I find suitable slaves, or until she settles down and announces my place
her foreverhome, she's still got a place with me. Perhaps not the 'best'
place, but better than being on the streets, and better than being rejected
again and again via a shelter.

Yowie

Lots of purrs and best wishes,
Polonca and Soncek

"Shadow" update Yowie Cat anecdotes 9 May 25th 08 09:24 PM
Update on Shadow at TEDs Yowie Cat anecdotes 25 May 21st 08 05:54 PM
UPDATE: Jean Hobbs 24th July 2005 Yowie Cat anecdotes 12 July 25th 05 10:51 AM
UPDATE: Jean Hobbs 10th July 2005 Yowie Cat anecdotes 7 July 10th 05 04:53 PM
Shadow RB Emergency Purrs for Shadow Victor Martinez Cat anecdotes 16 July 14th 04 05:47 AM