(OT) Credit Cards

Old April 3rd 10, 04:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default (OT) Credit Cards

I was on the phone arguing with Chase Bank this morning. That's the credit
card I was using to pay all of Persia's vet bills. I have never used it for
anything else. I got a letter in the mail yesterday saying they'd lowered
my credit limit based on my "usage". Um, excuse me, it's based on the fact
that I'm *not* a slacker who racks up interest and late fees by making
minimum payments. I pay the bill in full every month.

Banks and credit card companies these days don't reward good solid
customers. They welcome deadbeats who can't pay their bills. They welcome
people who think nothing of going 30, 60, 90 days past the due date.
Because these cards are raking in money in late fees and exhorbitant
interest.

Sorry, I'm not one of those people. I paid the bill in full, cut up the
card and closed the account. Screw you people. Your bank will never darken
my door again. Usurers!

Jill

Old April 3rd 10, 04:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"Stormmee" wrote in message
best thing we ever did was get ri of all credit cards. Lee

Unfortunately, not all places take checks. And I'm not inclined to walk
around with a lot of cash in my wallet.

Jill

Old April 3rd 10, 05:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pat[_4_]

"Stormmee" wrote
| best thing we ever did was get ri of all credit cards. Lee
| "jmcquown" wrote
| I was on the phone arguing with Chase Bank this morning. That's the
credit
| card I was using to pay all of Persia's vet bills. I have never used it
| for anything else. I got a letter in the mail yesterday saying they'd
| lowered my credit limit based on my "usage". Um, excuse me, it's based
on
| the fact that I'm *not* a slacker who racks up interest and late fees by
| making minimum payments. I pay the bill in full every month.
|
| Banks and credit card companies these days don't reward good solid
| customers. They welcome deadbeats who can't pay their bills. They
| welcome people who think nothing of going 30, 60, 90 days past the due
| date. Because these cards are raking in money in late fees and
exhorbitant
| interest.

Chase cut my credit line in half when I used one of their cards to pay a
bill for $300. They called me on the phone to verify the charge and asked me
a long list of personal questions, and then they cut the amount on the other
card I have from them, by MORE than 50%.

Old April 3rd 10, 05:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl P.[_2_]

jmcquown wrote:
[...]

A lot of the credit card companies are doing things like that since the
recession started. I suspect it also reduces their possible liability on
paper.

--
Cheryl
Old April 3rd 10, 05:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell[_2_]

"jmcquown" wrote in message
"Stormmee" wrote in message
best thing we ever did was get ri of all credit cards. Lee

Unfortunately, not all places take checks. And I'm not inclined to walk
around with a lot of cash in my wallet.

Jill

Can you have a debit card instead? That extracts money straight out of your
bank account and most places take them, including my vet.
I don't have a credit card, never have done, but I use my debit card all the
time.

I would also be a bad credit risk because I owe nothing, the cc companies
like to see you are reliably paying debts back to judge your
creditworthiness.
If you fall outside those norms of living above income, paying on credit
cards until you get paid again to pay off your card and so on ad infinitum,
well, that's just weird ;-) or so they think.
I do still have a cheque book, I pay my log supplier with it and a couple of
other small businesses, but most have the little thingie machine that
enables them to take a debit card. There is talk here of phasing cheque
books out entirely soon.
Tweed

Old April 3rd 10, 06:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew[_3_]

"jmcquown" wrote in message
[...]

It happens you were not spending enough. I had one I just told them to
cancel it. Had them for 10 years very low apr 4.99% if you carry a
balance, extremely high limit. I pay the pills on it for the points pay
them off every month before the interest. I use the points for my vacation
if and when I can take one. They contacted me the other day and told me
they were jumping me up to 29.99%. I asked why they said that it was due to
economics. I ordered my points using an items called them back and I said
well CANCEL it how is that for economics.

I have two now besides my debit credit cards I have an American express for
my corporation and a discover card. That is it now more I still have a
high credit score

Old April 3rd 10, 06:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

i read that article about uk recently... said already eighty percent don't
use checks/cash anymore...

i .. we dh and i belong to the weird club as well, i am not interested in a
fico score or owing money, Lee

Old April 3rd 10, 08:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

On Apr 3, 8:41*am, "jmcquown" wrote:

Banks and credit card companies these days don't reward good solid
customers. *They welcome deadbeats who can't pay their bills. *They welcome
people who think nothing of going 30, 60, 90 days past the due date.
Because these cards are raking in money in late fees and exhorbitant
interest.

Same here- I have 2 credit cards and they don't like me,,,,,I sometimes them use for - to put something on my debit card might leave me short until payday but I know I can clear the credit card on payday and thus not pay a penny in interest...they hate me- I don't pay a penny in interest (In fact when I haven't used my card much this month but for whatever reason I'm anticipating having to spend more next month I sometimes overpay and end up making interest from them)..They keep upping my credit limit in the vague hope I might suddenly spend a lot on a plasma TV or something but I've never been remotely near my credit limit...

I like the idea that somewhere some credit card people are grinding
their teeth about me!

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs