Oh the Indignity!

Old April 24th 10, 07:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default Oh the Indignity!

Persia's home! But she was so upset on the ride home she got sick in her
carrier again. We pulled into a gas station and I cleaned up as much of the
vomit as I could with paper towels but she was still a mess. The fleece
liner of the Sherpa bag was just covered in the stuff. And she kept trying
to jump out of the carrier. I was terrified she'd manage to get out of the
car and run off, so I said to heck with it, let's just go.

The minute I got home I took the carrier straight into the bathroom and shut
the door. Turned on the water to let it warm up. Opened the carrier and
plopped her in the tub. You should have seen the expression on her face!
What the heck are you doing putting me in this tub with the water running?
Hmmm, why are you holding that shower nozzle... hey, wait! You're getting
me all wet! Stop that!

I got her rinsed off but she wasn't about to sit still for me rubbing her
down with a towel. She jumped into the litterbox and got (clean) cat litter
all over her wet paws. I picked her up again and got her paws rinsed off,
then opened the bathroom door and away she went.

She's now feverishly attempting to lick herself dry. As she walks around
she stops periodically to shake first this paw then that paw. It looks like
she's doing a strange little dance

Apparently I'm already forgiven. She let me put her new collar on her, and
she's begging for scritches and purring up a storm.

Jill

Old April 24th 10, 08:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

"jmcquown" wrote in message
[...]

Good timing. And necessary. All over and done with while she is
still grateful to be home.

You go Persia.

Wait until Mommy sees how pretty you are after a bath. She may
decide to do it again.

Jo

Old April 24th 10, 08:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christine BA[_3_]

24.4.2010 21:29, jmcquown kirjoitti:
[...]

If she's still wet, maybe you can "scritch" her with a towel...or try to
hold her inside one to let the water absorb into the towel.

--
Christine in Finland
christal63 (at) gmail (dot) com
Old April 24th 10, 08:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"jmcquown" wrote in message
[...]

The important things are that she's home, she's clean, and you're forgiven.

Joy

Old April 24th 10, 10:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Gandalf

On Sat, 24 Apr 2010 14:29:12 -0400, "jmcquown"
wrote:

[...]

I'm sure she is very, very happy to be at home, after her long ordeal.

~~~~~~~~~~~~ ^..^

- Robert Heinlein

---
Virus Database (VPS): 100424-0, 04/24/2010
Tested on: 4/24/2010 4:25:50 PM

Old April 25th 10, 02:30 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

"jmcquown" wrote:
Apparently I'm already forgiven. She let me put her new collar on her, and
she's begging for scritches and purring up a storm.

What a sweetie! Of course you're forgiven - she must've missed you
and home so much!
Old April 25th 10, 02:53 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Will in New Haven

On Apr 24, 2:29*pm, "jmcquown" wrote:

Apparently I'm already forgiven. *She let me put her new collar on her, and
she's begging for scritches and purring up a storm.

beams Good to be home, eh Persia?

--
Will in New Haven

Old April 25th 10, 04:33 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

jmcquown wrote:
[...]

Oh Dear. Poor Persia. Sympathy purrs being sent out to her from the
owners.

Pam S.

Oh, the indignity! -L. Cat anecdotes 6 December 4th 03 03:49 PM
The indignity! whayface Cat community 3 October 20th 03 10:31 AM