A *must-see* TV commercial

Old September 12th 10, 07:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Default A *must-see* TV commercial

wrote:
Second-best commercial ever!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7vXP3tHzhA

Joyce

How about a description, for those of us who cannot get videos on our
computers?
Old September 12th 10, 07:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

jmcquown wrote:
wrote in message
Second-best commercial ever!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7vXP3tHzhA

Joyce

So which was the first best? Several come to mind. Herding cats will
always be my favourite But then there's the one where they lock the
woman in a glass box full of black cats with a white couch. I don't
even remember what the commercial is about, I just remember the cats

Jill

Some cleaning product to remove fur.
Old September 12th 10, 11:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

jmcquown wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7vXP3tHzhA

So which was the first best? Several come to mind. Herding cats will
always be my favourite But then there's the one where they lock the
woman in a glass box full of black cats with a white couch. I don't even
remember what the commercial is about, I just remember the cats

I did mean the herding cats one, yes. That's my favorite, ever. I like
that black cats/white couch one, too, but I don't know what it's for
because I usually watch with the sound off. The cats are just as cute.

Joyce

--
Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he
grows up, he'll never be able to merge his car onto a freeway.
Old September 12th 10, 11:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Judith Latham wrote:

In article ,
wrote:
Second-best commercial ever!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7vXP3tHzhA

Joyce

I saw this last evening for the first time. It really is lovely. I've just
watched how they made it on the youtube link. 100 cats in a store. I
cannot imagine how they kept track of them all.

Espeically with all those glass vases, bowls, lamp fixtures, etc! Who
thought of releasing 100 cats among all that??

Joyce

Old September 12th 10, 11:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Adrian wrote:

Sharon & Smudgie wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7vXP3tHzhA

I saw this for the first time yesterday and loved it! What is the
first-best Joyce?

You must have watched The X Factor last night, that was the first time
that advert was shown. I think the first-best that Joyce was talking
about was this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pk7yq...layer_embedded

Bingo! You win. It's an RPCA favorite!

What's the X Factor? Sounds like something paranormal or sci-fi.

Joyce

Old September 12th 10, 11:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

"EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)" wrote:

wrote:
Second-best commercial ever!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7vXP3tHzhA

Joyce

How about a description, for those of us who cannot get videos on our
computers?

I guess this commercial isn't shown on US TV - the voiceover was a woman
with a British accent. (I'm curious: did it sound like a legitimate
accent to those of you from the UK? A lot of the comments on the Youtube
site were saying "LOL at the phony accent", etc. Sounded real enough to
me, but what do I know?)

Anyway, it's a shot of an Ikea store, after-hours with no humans around,
but with tons of cats (100 to be exact) wandering all over the place.
Climbing on things, sniffing things out, and miraculously not breaking
any of the glass vases or bowls on display.

The very end of the commercial shows several different cats settling
down in comfy spots for a nap, and the final shot is a cat asleep, with
the words: "Home. It's how it makes you feel. Happy inside." And how
else can you feel after having watched 100 adorable kitties? Audiences
all over the UK (and now the world, thanks to the Internet) are filled
with oxytocin, the bonding hormone, bonding with Ikea. Marketing
people have finally figured out that people don't want to watch stupid
cartoon creatures playing nose bacteria. They want to see cute cats!!

Joyce

Old September 13th 10, 12:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

wrote:
Adrian wrote:

Sharon & Smudgie wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7vXP3tHzhA

I saw this for the first time yesterday and loved it! What is the
first-best Joyce?

You must have watched The X Factor last night, that was the first time
that advert was shown. I think the first-best that Joyce was talking
about was this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pk7yq...layer_embedded

Bingo! You win. It's an RPCA favorite!

What's the X Factor? Sounds like something paranormal or sci-fi.

Joyce

It's very much like America's got Talent, I think, it's not something I
watch.

--
Adrian (Owned by Bagheera & Shadow)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart
Old September 13th 10, 05:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
dgk

On 12 Sep 2010 08:06:54 GMT, wrote:

Second-best commercial ever!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7vXP3tHzhA

Joyce

One of the related videos is a compliation of others that I've seen
but certainly has its moments.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUNmL...eature=related
Old September 14th 10, 12:00 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

wrote:
Second-best commercial ever!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7vXP3tHzhA

How cute! I thought the tortie near the end was particularly adorable.
Old September 14th 10, 12:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

ingold1234[at]yahoo[dot]com (Gandalf) wrote:
On Sun, 12 Sep 2010 18:02:48 +0100, "Sharon & Smudgie" sharonand
wrote:

Which led me to this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfABn...eature=related

No it doesn't have a cat in it but I thought it was hilarious anyway

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

LMAO!
Sharon

Oh WOW! I laughed SO HARD at that! Thanks!

Yeah, but they expect us to want to eat their product?

commercial theresa Cat anecdotes 7 May 24th 06 03:06 AM
Pet Sma&T Commercial KittyLady Cat anecdotes 1 September 27th 05 03:00 PM
Cat Commercial Glenn Knickerbocker Cat health & behaviour 2 March 30th 05 12:40 AM
OT Commercial Kreisleriana Cat anecdotes 27 September 10th 04 12:46 PM
OT (BW): Have you seen this commercial? Karen Cat anecdotes 1 March 12th 04 04:24 PM