Happy Anniversary, Duffy

Old January 31st 04, 04:37 PM
MaryL

Default Happy Anniversary, Duffy

Today is Duffy's First Anniversary - it has been exactly one year since I
adopted him. He is the dearest, sweetest, most adorable cat imaginable.
There just aren't enough superlatives to describe him. Tomorrow (Feb. 1) is
his "official birthday." I decided that if the Queen of England can set her
own official birthday, so can Duffy (err... so can I)! I "picked" the day
after adoption because that was his first full day at home without all those
jabs and pokes from TEDs and without that fearsome ride from the animal
shelter in the monstrous motorized torture-chamber (also known as a "car").
I arranged for his adoption on one day, then picked him up three days later.
He was checked by the shelter's TED during that time, and I drove him
immediately to my own vet for another examination after we left the shelter.
Both vets estimated his age at 3-5 years old. Based on what we know of his
background, I would guess he was 4 or 5 years old, so I have settled for the
middle range. So, happy First Anniversary and Fifth Birthday, Duffy!!! You
have made me very happy, and I hope I have done the same for you.

FYI: Pictures of Duffy and Holly are now being used to advertise the cat
tree I bought. The person who owns the "Love That Cat" site (cat furniture
and supplies) contacted me and asked for permission to use their photos and
names, which I happily granted. She has used three photos of "my babies" in
the ads. Go here if you would like to view them:
http://www.lovethatcat.com/cat-furniture.html. Click on the picture of Holly
and Duffy (pictured on the cat tree with burgundy-colored beds) to see a
larger photo, then click again to see additional pictures of them. I don't
have any financial interest in the site - just pleasure in seeing my kitty
pictures. Of course, now Holly and Duffy expect royalties. I'm paying them
off in tuna fish!
--
MaryL
(take out the litter to reply)

Photos of Holly and Duffy:
http://tinyurl.com/8y54 (introducing Duffy to Holly)
http://tinyurl.com/8y56 (Duffy and Holly "settle in")

Old January 31st 04, 05:02 PM
Karen Chuplis

Awwww. That's great. I can't believe it's been a year! I love the pics. I
really like that tree. I think in another year I will buy a new big one like
that. I have a smaller one that is similar, but they aren't spaced far
enough out like yours. It's a little difficult for the cats to descend by
level. I love that pic of Duffy hanging over the edge to Holly.

Karen

Old January 31st 04, 05:23 PM
Judy F

Congrats to Duffy on his first anniversary (and of course to you, Mary, on
having the luck and good sense to adopt him!). The pictures are great!
Judy F

"Luvskats00" wrote in message
writes

Today is Duffy's First Anniversary - it has been exactly one year since I
adopted him. He is the dearest, sweetest, most adorable cat imaginable.
There just aren't enough superlatives to describe him.

Hey..you're describing my Sammy! lol. Hope everyone believes their

cat/cats
is/are #1(s)....Hope you and your Duffy have so many happy & healthy years
together.

Old January 31st 04, 10:29 PM
MacCandace

Of course, now Holly and Duffy expect royalties. I'm paying them
off in tuna fish!
--
MaryL

Cute! Your kitties are famous. I love that cat tree. Happy B-day, Duffy!

Candace
(take the litter out before replying by e-mail)

See my cats:
http://photos.yahoo.com/maccandace

"One does not meet oneself until one catches the reflection from an eye other
than human." (Loren Eisely)

Old January 31st 04, 11:16 PM
Iain & Deb

Wow, it seems like yesterday! Happy anniversary to you all.

Deb