(OT) Cursed Apartment

Old December 27th 04, 08:32 PM
Ginger-lyn Summer

Default (OT) Cursed Apartment

Most of you probably remember my awful animal-abusing next-door
neighbors from whom I rescued Arthur and Morganna, and who were
ultimately evicted.

Well, the apartment is still empty. The landlord had it repainted and
thoroughly cleaned.

It's been below freezing here lately (and boy, do I *hate* cold!).
Since I'm quasi-apartment-manager, I decided yesterday that it might
be a good idea to go check the apartment to make sure the bitter cold
hadn't caused any problems.

We walked in the door to the sound of rushing water.

We skated over the ice on the floor in the dining room to see water
pouring down through the kitchen ceiling. We gingerly made our way
down the basement steps to see water pouring down there, onto the
concrete. And no furnace on.

A water pipe against an outside wall apparently broke. And
apparently, for some unknown reason, the gas company had shut off the
gas, thus causing the former problem.

It's a mess. Water and ice everywhere. Floor buckled and ruined.
Kitchen ceiling ruined. There is a several-inch-thick block of ice
covering the back door outside. Which no one (and there *had* to
people who saw it) bothered to tell anyone about. We were holed up in
here for the holidays, and didn't go out back until DH had to take out
the trash and I heard him scream "OMG!".

The landlord had put me together with a carpet guy to select carpeting
for the apartment. The carpet guy, luckily, had an emergency Friday
and couldn't make it. Then again, if he *had* come, maybe we would
have caught this earlier.

I feel so badly for the landlord. He had to evict another tenant, who
had lived there longer than I've lived here (over 18 years). He had
that one rehabbed a few years ago, and it is trashed.

He's not your typical rich-guy slumlord. He works for Childrens'
Services, for heaven's sake. And he has just been scr*w*d lately by
bad tenants and bad luck. Maybe the power of purr would help his luck
to change?

And I am convinced that apartment from next door is *cursed*!

Ginger-lyn

Old December 27th 04, 09:11 PM
Jo Firey

I can only hope that either the gas company or his insurance will be
responsible for the damage.

Purrs on the way for a nice landlord who deserves better.

Jo

Old December 27th 04, 09:21 PM
Yowie

[...]

I'm all for purring for good landlords - they're a rare beast and precious
when you find them (at least, over here in Oz anyway)

And I am convinced that apartment from next door is *cursed*!

You know how to fix that ;-)

Yowie

---

Old December 27th 04, 09:48 PM
polonca12000

Lots of purrs for the landlord and you, Ginger-lyn,
--
Polonca & Soncek

snip

Old December 27th 04, 10:03 PM
Stormin Mormon

Wow, that's tragic. Never under estimate water damage. Which is tragic. But
glad you caught it before there were five inches of ice on the living room
floor.

--

Christopher A. Young
This space intentionally left blank

Old December 27th 04, 10:08 PM
mlbriggs

On Mon, 27 Dec 2004 20:32:03 +0000, Ginger-lyn Summer wrote:

[...]

Don;t know about a curse, but it certainly is neglected. Purrs that the
landlord will be able to get it fixed properly and will therefore be able
to attract proper tenants. We send purrs for a happier new Year. MLB

Old December 27th 04, 10:39 PM
Sherry

I feel so badly for the landlord. He had to evict another tenant, who
had lived there longer than I've lived here (over 18 years). He had
that one rehabbed a few years ago, and it is trashed.

He's not your typical rich-guy slumlord. He works for Childrens'
Services, for heaven's sake. And he has just been scr*w*d lately by
bad tenants and bad luck. Maybe the power of purr would help his luck
to change?

And I am convinced that apartment from next door is *cursed*!

Ginger-lyn

What a nightmare. We got out of the rental business. We got gigged in every way
imaginable the last year and got sick of it. The worst part is, the people that
screwed us the worst were people we had honestly tried to help. We started not
to trust anybody and that's when we decided the rental business was turning us
into jerks so we quit. We always wanted not invade anybody's privacy and we
never checked on the houses. When our last tenant vacated, we found the carpet
ripped up, the house painted bright red on the inside, and a leak in the
bathroom that had leaked so long it ruined the floor. With the other house, the
tenant didn't bother telling us he'd had his gas cut off, so he just left. The
washer pipes froze and burst, leaving us the mess you described.
Weirdly enough, this was the first time EVER that both houses were occupied by
non-pet-owners. Pet owners are more responsible people I guess.
Sherry

Old December 27th 04, 10:45 PM
Tanada

Ginger-lyn Summer wrote:

He's not your typical rich-guy slumlord. He works for Childrens'
Services, for heaven's sake. And he has just been scr*w*d lately by
bad tenants and bad luck. Maybe the power of purr would help his luck
to change?

And I am convinced that apartment from next door is *cursed*!

Purrs and better times thoughts for one of the good ones. Hope things
improve for you all soon. Do you think a cleansing would help on the
apartment?

Pam S. wondering

Old December 27th 04, 11:13 PM
Ginger-lyn Summer

On Mon, 27 Dec 2004 22:45:49 GMT, Tanada wrote:

Ginger-lyn Summer wrote:

He's not your typical rich-guy slumlord. He works for Childrens'
Services, for heaven's sake. And he has just been scr*w*d lately by
bad tenants and bad luck. Maybe the power of purr would help his luck
to change?

And I am convinced that apartment from next door is *cursed*!

Purrs and better times thoughts for one of the good ones. Hope things
improve for you all soon. Do you think a cleansing would help on the
apartment?

Pam S. wondering

Pam, I've done it. And done it. And done it.

The first time, (I kid you not), a dark man knocked at the door at
midnight during the cleansing. Shiver. That first time, the tenants
had moved (SENSITIVITY WARNING) and left a kitten behind, who died in
the basement. I have even done a ritual to honor the spirit of the
kitten. I am at a loss. All I can figure is that this is something
beyond my abilities, or that I am still so spiritually wrapped up with
that kitten that I can't properly do it. I've asked one friend, (HPS
and store owner) who wasn't comfortable doing it. So I'm going to ask
another HP (and former store owner) and see if he is willing. I just
do not know what else to do :-( There certainly is some *very*, very
negative energy there that just will not let go.

Ginger-lyn

Old December 27th 04, 11:29 PM
Denise VanDyke

Ginger-lyn Summer wrote:

[...]

I'm not up on this stuff like I used to think I was, but is there a
group of practitioners who would maybe be willing to work together and
see if combining energies/methods might work? Just in case this is
something stronger than "usual"? I don't suppose that doing another
ritual to honor the kitten and any other spirits might help - a little
less specific than before, maybe? Maybe with a feline assistant -
assuming both you and the cat are willing, of course - to "speak the
language" of the kitten? Just tossing around ideas.

- Denise Brennasmeowmy