Vera & Lola Bath Night.........

Old August 12th 03, 06:47 AM
Jo Firey

Default Vera & Lola Bath Night.........

I give Jake a bath every once in a while. And he does act like he feels extra good
after. Plus the kneading is something he does when he is feeling really good. Just
not limited to after he had a bath. Sometimes it just after I've had a bath, and
sometimes I think its just because.
--
Jo Firey

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take
our breath away."
"Allegra640" wrote in message
It's always been interesting to me how wonderful these girls act after baths
... so affectionate and so eager to sleep in the bed w/me (rarely do on any
other night). But they do one other thing on their bath nights that they
almost never do otherwise. They knead or "make biscuits" as we say down south.
Lola, my tuxedo long-haired, curls up on my chest and works her little spats
and Vera, my black & white cutie jumps up on the bed and kneads. Can't for the
life of me figure out why bath night brings this behavior out, other than the
fact that they feel great afterwards.

Two questions: does anyone else here bathe their cats? If so, is the behavior
similar?

Old August 12th 03, 12:57 PM
Victor M. Martinez

Allegra640 wrote:
Two questions: does anyone else here bathe their cats? If so, is the behavior
similar?

Sorry, bathing our cats is not something we'd do on purpose... All kittens
get a bath their first day here, just to be sure there are no fleas introduced
into the house. That, and sometimes when they get too dirty or they decided
to jump into the toilet bowl while it's being used... Adult cats clean
themselves quite nicely.

--
Victor M. Martinez

http://www.che.utexas.edu/~martiv