FeLV stories

Old June 3rd 04, 04:33 AM
Cheryl

Default FeLV stories

I'd mentioned to someone that Shadow might be featured in a
collection of articles about FeLV+ kitties. Well, it was posted. I'm
soooo not a writer, but the site owner, Tina, did a nice job putting
together some of my emails into a story about the miracle that is
Shadow.

Go Shadow!!

http://fourpawstrail.com/felvcats/

--
Cheryl
Old June 3rd 04, 04:55 AM
Marina

"Cheryl" wrote
I'd mentioned to someone that Shadow might be featured in a
collection of articles about FeLV+ kitties. Well, it was posted. I'm
soooo not a writer, but the site owner, Tina, did a nice job putting
together some of my emails into a story about the miracle that is
Shadow.

Go Shadow!!

And go Cheryl! Shadow is a fighter, but so are you.

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki

Old June 3rd 04, 02:09 PM
lrulan

Cheryl, excellent article. Really shows how much you love Shadow. I'm sure
other people would already have taken the easy way out and have had Shadow
put down. God bless you.
Jazz & his mama

--

Irulan
from now until the end of time

Old June 3rd 04, 07:09 PM
KellyH

Just from reading about Shadow on this ng, I feel like I know this cat! The
article is great, I love that someone has taken the time to put together
these stories. I'm feeling very conflicted about the shelter where I
volunteer. They cannot take in FeLV and FIV cats. When we get one in, we
try to place it with another shelter that does, but if they are full, we put
the cat down. I just thought that's the way things work before I started
reading about FeLV and FIV, mostly from this ng. The shelter does not have
any space where they can keep positive cats segregated from the general
population, and we barely have enough foster volunteers for the rest of the
cats.
I'm going to print out these stories and take them in. The shelter will be
relocating in the next two years. Maybe the new shelter can include space
for FeLV and FIV cats.

--
-Kelly
kelly at farringtons dot net

news

Old June 4th 04, 02:34 AM
Cheryl

In the fine newsgroup "rec.pets.cats.anecdotes", "KellyH"
artfully composed this message within
news:9PJvc.35913$pt3.35316@attbi_s03 on 03 Jun 2004:

I'm going to print out these stories and take them in. The
shelter will be relocating in the next two years. Maybe the new
shelter can include space for FeLV and FIV cats.

Yeah, this girl is on a mission. She just posted a link to some
kittens she's trying to have saved, in fact they were tested too
young for a true result. If anyone has some stories about living with
an FeLV+ cat, she'd love to include them on the site.

--
Cheryl

FeLV stories Cheryl Cat anecdotes 24 June 4th 04 03:36 AM
Vaccincation Question....please help! Janice Cat health & behaviour 78 February 8th 04 09:45 PM