Del Monte recalls pet food

Old April 2nd 07, 11:58 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Cory

Default Del Monte recalls pet food

*This has been cross-posted to RPCC and RPCH+B*

Now Del Monte has dove headlong into the pet food recall...
including... and I had a feeling that this might happen sooner or
later... POUNCE Meaty Morsels Moist Chicken Flavor Cat Treats. I am
confused, though, as to why it's just the MMM Chicken Flavor treats
and not other varieties of Pounce.

http://www.delmonte.com/petfoodrecall.html

--- Cory

Old April 2nd 07, 12:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"Cory" wrote in message
oups.com...
*This has been cross-posted to RPCC and RPCH+B*

Now Del Monte has dove headlong into the pet food recall...
including... and I had a feeling that this might happen sooner or
later... POUNCE Meaty Morsels Moist Chicken Flavor Cat Treats. I am
confused, though, as to why it's just the MMM Chicken Flavor treats
and not other varieties of Pounce.

http://www.delmonte.com/petfoodrecall.html

--- Cory

This is old news. I had some beef ones and tossed them.

Old April 2nd 07, 04:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
CDC

I looked at the Pounce treats that we have (not under recall) and the
difference seems to be corn gluten vs. wheat gluten.

- Cindy

--
CDC

If you're going through hell, keep going
- Winston Churchill
oups.com...

Old April 2nd 07, 06:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
buglady

"CDC" usenetATcafechatnoirDOTnet wrote in message
t...
I looked at the Pounce treats that we have (not under recall) and the
difference seems to be corn gluten vs. wheat gluten.

The Pounce treats in question come in a bag. I located some beef flavored
ones (not on recall list) in a grocery store yesterday. The label has all
the words they had in Del Monte's recall notice.

buglady
take out the dog before replying

Old April 3rd 07, 07:34 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Cat Protector

It could be that the chicken one has wheat gluten in it. My cats have one of
the Pounce treats (they had the one with chicken a while back and now they
have seafood one) but I'm reluctant to give them any more now.

--
Cat Galaxy: All Cats! All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com

www.panthertekit.com
oups.com...

Old April 3rd 07, 08:09 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Cory

On Apr 3, 12:34 am, "Cat Protector" wrote:
It could be that the chicken one has wheat gluten in it.

Which is what I don't get, if I'm understanding wheat gluten
correctly. Wheat gluten, AIUI, is like a glue that holds wet/moist
food together (like Fancy Feast) so that it's not all over the place.
IF that's truly accurate, then more varieties should have wheat
gluten, since POUNCE is a moist treat (except, of course, for the dry
variety).

Right?

--- Cory

Old April 3rd 07, 09:59 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Stormmee

wheat gluten is also what gives bread its elasticity and allows it to rise
with yeast. if you make bread with soy flour it will not rise because there
is none in the soy flour, Soft
ups.com...