How much space for a cat?

Old March 4th 04, 07:48 PM
Jacqueline

On Thu, 04 Mar 2004 17:58:24 +0000, Bob Brenchley.
wrote:
Look you stupid fool, my cats exist, my experience exists, my
voluntary work for the CP exists.

We only have your word on that, and that isn't good enough as so much
of what you say flies in the face of known facts.

I offered you evidence repeatedly, what more do you want? Yes, you
only have my word here but you can have any evidence you want. I've
got adoption contracts, my name's on the local branch newsletter, I
can give you names of other members of my branch, or people whom I've
been involved with in rehoming. I guess that's not evidence enough
though, is it.

If I'd ever been 'lying' to them or
anyone else they could've 'caught me out' any time. Home checks are
also done *after* cats have been rehomed

WRONG. Home checks are ALWAYS done, without fail, BEFORE cats are
rehomed, though in some cases later home visits will be made to check
on their progress.

Note I said 'also' there. Please read what's said before you spout
your nonsense. 'Home checks are ALSO done' after rehoming - so if I'd
lied in my initial home visit I'd be caught out in subsequent visits.

- they remain the 'property'
of the CP for 6 months and can be removed at any time in that period.

Cats are not considered property.

I agree, but that's what was implied on the contract I had to sign. I
may still have it kicking around somewhere... Here we a It says I
only accept the cat/kitten for a trial period of 6 months. Should I be
unable to keep it for any reason it must be returned to CP without me
offering it to anyone else. In effect, it's their property.

I give up. Believe what you want.

I believe that you are either a liar, a troll, or possibly both. If
you do keep cats indoors 24/7 then you are also a sick animal abuser.

Old March 4th 04, 07:55 PM
Jacqueline

On Thu, 04 Mar 2004 18:48:49 +0000, Jacqueline
wrote:

Cats are not considered property.

I agree, but that's what was implied on the contract I had to sign. I
may still have it kicking around somewhere... Here we a It says I
only accept the cat/kitten for a trial period of 6 months. Should I be
unable to keep it for any reason it must be returned to CP without me
offering it to anyone else. In effect, it's their property.

Actually, on closer inspection it does say 'property'.

"It is agreed that the following cat/kitten, being the property of the
Cats Protection League is to be adopted by the above applicant subject
to the following conditions."

Old March 5th 04, 10:48 AM
Bob Brenchley.

wrote:
Look you stupid fool, my cats exist, my experience exists, my
voluntary work for the CP exists.

We only have your word on that, and that isn't good enough as so much
of what you say flies in the face of known facts.

I offered you evidence repeatedly, what more do you want?

The truth?

Yes, you
only have my word here but you can have any evidence you want. I've
got adoption contracts, my name's on the local branch newsletter, I
can give you names of other members of my branch, or people whom I've
been involved with in rehoming. I guess that's not evidence enough
though, is it.

The thing is that what you claim doesn't fit in with the facts.

You claim you adopted normal healthy cats from Cats Protection with
them knowing in advance that you were going to keep them indoors 24/7.
Highly improbable.

You claim that you got your cats without a home check. Impossible.

You claim that CP will consider homing cats to indoor only situations.
Wrong.

If I'd ever been 'lying' to them or
anyone else they could've 'caught me out' any time. Home checks are
also done *after* cats have been rehomed

WRONG. Home checks are ALWAYS done, without fail, BEFORE cats are
rehomed, though in some cases later home visits will be made to check
on their progress.

Note I said 'also' there.

Oh good get out there Little Miss Troll.

Please read what's said before you spout
your nonsense. 'Home checks are ALSO done' after rehoming - so if I'd
lied in my initial home visit I'd be caught out in subsequent visits.

- they remain the 'property'
of the CP for 6 months and can be removed at any time in that period.

Cats are not considered property.

I agree, but that's what was implied on the contract I had to sign. I
may still have it kicking around somewhere... Here we a It says I
only accept the cat/kitten for a trial period of 6 months. Should I be
unable to keep it for any reason it must be returned to CP without me
offering it to anyone else. In effect, it's their property.

Cats are not considered property.

I give up. Believe what you want.

I believe that you are either a liar, a troll, or possibly both. If
you do keep cats indoors 24/7 then you are also a sick animal abuser.

Bob.

Light travels faster than sound. This is why you appear bright until
we hear you talk.

Old March 5th 04, 11:38 AM
Jacqueline

On Fri, 05 Mar 2004 09:48:59 +0000, Bob Brenchley.
wrote:

I offered you evidence repeatedly, what more do you want?

The truth?

Always giiven,

Yes, you
only have my word here but you can have any evidence you want. I've
got adoption contracts, my name's on the local branch newsletter, I
can give you names of other members of my branch, or people whom I've
been involved with in rehoming. I guess that's not evidence enough
though, is it.

The thing is that what you claim doesn't fit in with the facts.

You claim you adopted normal healthy cats from Cats Protection with
them knowing in advance that you were going to keep them indoors 24/7.
Highly improbable.
You claim that you got your cats without a home check. Impossible.

Never *once* said that, please find where I did.

As I said on 8th Feb (god has this really been going on for a month):

"It's most certainly not a lie, two of my cats are from Cats
Protection and were homed on the understanding they were indoor cats.
I was vetted prior to their arrival and had check-ups afterwards."

You claim that CP will consider homing cats to indoor only situations.
Wrong.

Sorry, but you're wrong and I know other people who've done so.

If I'd ever been 'lying' to them or
anyone else they could've 'caught me out' any time. Home checks are
also done *after* cats have been rehomed

WRONG. Home checks are ALWAYS done, without fail, BEFORE cats are
rehomed, though in some cases later home visits will be made to check
on their progress.

Note I said 'also' there.

Oh good get out there Little Miss Troll.

?? It's no get out - you misread what I said in the first place!!

I agree, but that's what was implied on the contract I had to sign. I
may still have it kicking around somewhere... Here we a It says I
only accept the cat/kitten for a trial period of 6 months. Should I be
unable to keep it for any reason it must be returned to CP without me
offering it to anyone else. In effect, it's their property.

Cats are not considered property.

Not my me, no, but that's what it said on the adoption contract.
Refuting that too are we? Shall I scan it in?

Old March 5th 04, 12:20 PM
Bob Brenchley.

wrote:

I offered you evidence repeatedly, what more do you want?

The truth?

Always giiven,

Not from you.

Yes, you
only have my word here but you can have any evidence you want. I've
got adoption contracts, my name's on the local branch newsletter, I
can give you names of other members of my branch, or people whom I've
been involved with in rehoming. I guess that's not evidence enough
though, is it.

The thing is that what you claim doesn't fit in with the facts.

You claim you adopted normal healthy cats from Cats Protection with
them knowing in advance that you were going to keep them indoors 24/7.
Highly improbable.
You claim that you got your cats without a home check. Impossible.

Never *once* said that, please find where I did.

You claimed "Home checks are also done *after* cats have been rehomed"
trying to insinuate that home checks were not done BEFORE homing. Glad
to see you back-tracked on that.

As I said on 8th Feb (god has this really been going on for a month):

"It's most certainly not a lie, two of my cats are from Cats
Protection and were homed on the understanding they were indoor cats.
I was vetted prior to their arrival and had check-ups afterwards."

You claim that CP will consider homing cats to indoor only situations.
Wrong.

Sorry, but you're wrong and I know other people who've done so.

Wrong. CP do not home healthy cats to indoor only situations except as
a matter of last resort. I can't remember the last time I came across
such a last resort, for you to claim multiple cats who are all in
homes of last resort is unbelievable.

If I'd ever been 'lying' to them or
anyone else they could've 'caught me out' any time. Home checks are
also done *after* cats have been rehomed

WRONG. Home checks are ALWAYS done, without fail, BEFORE cats are
rehomed, though in some cases later home visits will be made to check
on their progress.

Note I said 'also' there.

Oh good get out there Little Miss Troll.

?? It's no get out - you misread what I said in the first place!!

Your tried, you failed.

--
Bob.

You have not been charged for this lesson. Please pass it to all your
friends so they may learn as well.

Old March 5th 04, 03:02 PM
Jacqueline

On Fri, 05 Mar 2004 11:20:37 +0000, Bob Brenchley.
wrote:

You claim that you got your cats without a home check. Impossible.

Never *once* said that, please find where I did.

You claimed "Home checks are also done *after* cats have been rehomed"
trying to insinuate that home checks were not done BEFORE homing. Glad
to see you back-tracked on that.

Are you blind? Note the inclusion of the word 'also' in that sentence.
ALSO done afterwards i.e. in addition to prior checks. You really are
nit-picking now.

Sorry, but you're wrong and I know other people who've done so.

Wrong. CP do not home healthy cats to indoor only situations except as
a matter of last resort. I can't remember the last time I came across
such a last resort, for you to claim multiple cats who are all in
homes of last resort is unbelievable.

Oh for heaven's sake. I've offered you proof, I ask you AGAIN, what
evidence do you want?

Cats are not considered property.

Not my me, no, but that's what it said on the adoption contract.
Refuting that too are we? Shall I scan it in?

Cats are not considered property.

By whom? Not by me, by the CP, whom we were dicussing. I ask you
AGAIN, do you want a copy of the CP's literature? I'll scan it in for
you.

You're impossible to have a two-way conversation with, how on earth
can anyone discuss anything if you insist you're right and anyone who
disagrees is wrong and must be trolling. One can only assume you get
some weird kick out of this. Sad.