A cat forum. CatBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » CatBanter forum » Cat Newsgroups » Cats - misc
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Another kitten with 2 faces



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old June 17th 05, 08:39 AM
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default Another kitten with 2 faces

2 faced kitten called Gemini born in Roseberg, Oregon on Sunday 12th
June. I'm not sure if it's simply being reported more often or it is
happening more often due to environmental toxins or inbreeding. In
this case the owner claims to be breeding miniature cats, not sure if
it's a genetically sound breeding program or not, but there's an
advertisement for her cats woven into the story of Gemini.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...a195752D37.DTL

http://www.oregonnews.com/article/20.../NEWS/50616015

And background information on the condition in general (some of the
images lower down that page are medical rather than cute)
http://www.messybeast.com/freak-face.htm

Gemini was born Sunday with two mouths, two tongues, two noses and four
eyes. "I kind of feel sorry for her, because I can't know for a fact
if she's going to live or die," its owner, Lee Bluetear of Glide, told
the (Roseburg) News-Review. "If she makes it, she should be a perfectly
normal and healthy cat. Other than having two faces."

Roseburg veterinarian Alan Ross, who examined the kitten on Tuesday,
said he can't estimate the kitten's life span. He said when he first
saw the kitten, he wouldn't have given her more than a 10 percent
chance of survival. (He hasn't seen the kitten since then so there's
no definite information on its health)

Bluetear, 40, said Gemini is much stronger and drinking more milk than
in its first few days. Ross said that if the kitten does survive, it
might need surgery to remove the extra tissue in between its two
mouths. Bluetear has been breeding different kinds of animals,
starting with dogs, since 1980. Roughly three years ago, she discovered
a litter of smaller than normal kittens she calls "miniature cats."
(another miniature cat "breeder" planning to sell them over the
internet)

  #2  
Old June 17th 05, 06:44 PM
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default

There is nothing that chaps my ass more than seeing ignorant people
like this woman thinking she is going to make money selling cats over
the internet. I feel terrible for this kitten being born with such a
debilitating deformity. I can only hope that this kitten passes
peacefully, and does not become a medical novelty to be poked and
prodded.

  #3  
Old June 17th 05, 10:40 PM
mlbriggs
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default

On Fri, 17 Jun 2005 10:44:12 -0700, n7uqa91 wrote:

There is nothing that chaps my ass more than seeing ignorant people like
this woman thinking she is going to make money selling cats over the
internet. I feel terrible for this kitten being born with such a
debilitating deformity. I can only hope that this kitten passes
peacefully, and does not become a medical novelty to be poked and prodded.



Purrs that your wish is granted -- I join you in wishing this. MLB
  #4  
Old June 22nd 05, 07:47 AM
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default

mlbriggs wrote:
On Fri, 17 Jun 2005 10:44:12 -0700, n7uqa91 wrote:

There is nothing that chaps my ass more than seeing ignorant people like
this woman thinking she is going to make money selling cats over the
internet. I feel terrible for this kitten being born with such a
debilitating deformity. I can only hope that this kitten passes
peacefully, and does not become a medical novelty to be poked and prodded.



Purrs that your wish is granted -- I join you in wishing this.


Gemini died aged 4 days. She was probably already dying when the story
was in the news, but the Gemini phenomenon was being used to publicise
Bluetear's "breeding" program.

  #5  
Old June 22nd 05, 05:57 PM
mlbriggs
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default

On Tue, 21 Jun 2005 23:47:16 -0700, moggycat wrote:

mlbriggs wrote:
On Fri, 17 Jun 2005 10:44:12 -0700, n7uqa91 wrote:

There is nothing that chaps my ass more than seeing ignorant people
like this woman thinking she is going to make money selling cats over
the internet. I feel terrible for this kitten being born with such a
debilitating deformity. I can only hope that this kitten passes
peacefully, and does not become a medical novelty to be poked and
prodded.



Purrs that your wish is granted -- I join you in wishing this.


Gemini died aged 4 days. She was probably already dying when the story
was in the news, but the Gemini phenomenon was being used to publicise
Bluetear's "breeding" program.



Let us hope (purr) that they go out of business. MLB

 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Another kitten with 2 faces [email protected] Cat health & behaviour 4 June 22nd 05 05:57 PM
Have We Done Some Harm With Our "Too Rapid" Kitten - Cat Introduction? Steve Remington Cat health & behaviour 7 June 6th 05 11:24 PM
Help with caring for newborn kitten [email protected] Cat health & behaviour 12 April 21st 05 03:51 PM
Bad Neighbors & Morganna Update Ginger-lyn Summer Cat anecdotes 335 October 30th 04 05:21 AM
Gem the Gray Kitten (long) Annie Benson-Lennaman Cat anecdotes 21 August 25th 03 01:02 AM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:31 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2017 CatBanter.
The comments are property of their posters.