Finally got a Furminator

Old May 18th 07, 05:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL

Default Finally got a Furminator

There was a question posted to this group some time ago where someone wanted
to know about the Furminator. I finally got around to getting one, and it
gets a *fantastic* amount of fur with only a few strokes. I had no idea
there was still that much loose stuff on my furbabies. I found that it
helps a lot to use my hands to stroke the length of the cats after using the
Furminator, and lots more loose stuff came off on my hands. Be prepared to
vacuum afterwards!! And be sure to get the one with the blue handle if any
of you order one. The one with a yellow handle is for dogs (or *enormous*
cats, I suppose).

MaryL

Old May 18th 07, 07:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Magic Mood Jeep

There was a question posted to this group some time ago where someone
wanted to know about the Furminator. I finally got around to getting one,
and it gets a *fantastic* amount of fur with only a few strokes. I had no
idea there was still that much loose stuff on my furbabies. I found that
it helps a lot to use my hands to stroke the length of the cats after
using the Furminator, and lots more loose stuff came off on my hands. Be
prepared to vacuum afterwards!! And be sure to get the one with the blue
handle if any of you order one. The one with a yellow handle is for dogs
(or *enormous* cats, I suppose).

MaryL

Mine has a purple handle, and it was in the cat section of the store where I
bought it.

Old May 18th 07, 09:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ketzl's Dad

On Fri, 18 May 2007 14:13:08 -0400, Magic Mood Jeep wrote:

There was a question posted to this group some time ago where someone
wanted to know about the Furminator. I finally got around to getting one,
and it gets a *fantastic* amount of fur with only a few strokes. I had no
idea there was still that much loose stuff on my furbabies. I found that
it helps a lot to use my hands to stroke the length of the cats after
using the Furminator, and lots more loose stuff came off on my hands. Be
prepared to vacuum afterwards!! And be sure to get the one with the blue
handle if any of you order one. The one with a yellow handle is for dogs
(or *enormous* cats, I suppose).

MaryL

Mine has a purple handle, and it was in the cat section of the store where I
bought it.

The purple-handled one is listed for cats on the Furminator web site, where
the blue one is shown for small dogs and cats. I think it's only a matter of
size, though.

--
Joey DoWop Dee
Remember: It is To Laugh

Old May 19th 07, 12:42 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

On May 18, 11:34 am, "MaryL" -OUT-THE-LITTER
wrote:
There was a question posted to this group some time ago where someone wanted
to know about the Furminator. I finally got around to getting one, and it
gets a *fantastic* amount of fur with only a few strokes. I had no idea
there was still that much loose stuff on my furbabies. I found that it
helps a lot to use my hands to stroke the length of the cats after using the
Furminator, and lots more loose stuff came off on my hands. Be prepared to
vacuum afterwards!! And be sure to get the one with the blue handle if any
of you order one. The one with a yellow handle is for dogs (or *enormous*
cats, I suppose).

MaryL

That was me asking about the Furminator. A friend of mine happen to
have one that
she didn't care for and sent it to me. It's great! Frank *loves* to be
'Furminated', and I
have *never* had a grooming tool that was so effective in removing
hair. I"m not sure whether it
does cut the hair, though. No matter, he has enough hair for three
cats and it
is perfect for him.

Sherry

Old May 23rd 07, 11:04 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL

wrote in message
I caught her and gave her a good grooming on her cat tree
and the fur was flying everywhere. Got several large clumps of hair for
our
compost bin, or my wife could knit us a second kitty
--
mers
Craig, Kathi & "Cat Five" the tabby girl

Or...place a few "clumps" of fur in shrubs or trees. Birds will often use
it as nesting material. I even have a gourd with holes drilled in it. I
poke cat fur in the holes, and the birds extract it. I got the idea from a
gourd I bought from
www.duncraft.com. The holes in that gourd are bigger
than my homemade version because the "original" was stuffed with sheep's
wool, and kitty fur isn't that heavy. Here's a picture of the Duncraft
version: http://www.duncraft.com/Wool-Nest-Bu...F-P1901C0.aspx

MaryL

The Furminator? Sherry Cat anecdotes 13 April 18th 07 11:30 AM
Furminator Karen Cat anecdotes 7 August 16th 06 07:25 PM
I finally got her to sit still Matthew Cat rescue 0 August 2nd 06 02:34 AM
Finally - a name Julie Cook Cat anecdotes 17 February 2nd 05 05:26 PM
finally! Cat health & behaviour 1 August 15th 04 10:53 AM