4 Year Old Cat is Lethargic and has lost his Appetite

Old November 27th 03, 07:22 PM
Cory C.

Default 4 Year Old Cat is Lethargic and has lost his Appetite

Our 4 year old cat has slowed down considerably within the last 3 or 4
days. He's always been incredibly playful and wants to be near us at
night, but a few days ago, he threw up a couple of times overnight
(this wasn't odd behavior for him - he has a pretty sensitive
stomach). My wife has him on some mixture of special cat food for
sensitive stomach - all dry food (Purina i think). Since his sour
stomach a few days ago, he doesn't want to play, is very slow getting
up/sitting down, sleeps only by the heat vent (room temp is at least
72 degrees). He is eating a little bit, but not nearly like he
should. There hasn't been a bowel movement for 2 or 3 days, but he is
drinking water and urinating seemingly normally. Also, he's been
swallowing randomly, snapping his head back a bit when he swallows as
if it is uncomfortably for him. We're giving him hairball medication
in case he has one stuck, but nothing has come out yet. We're taking
him to the vet tomorrow and are hoping they can figure this out. He's
just not himself - we want to help the little guy. Does anyone have
any suggestions or has someone seen something similar with their cats?

Please let us know (any help would be greatly appreciated!)

Thank you,

Cory & Karen