Help with cat marking

Old November 25th 03, 02:50 AM
Monica

Default Help with cat marking

Hello,

My cat Oliver (6 years) has started peeing/marking around the house. We
found him on the street about 6 months ago, he was alredy neutered, and was
getting along with my cat (3 years) and my dog (with exception of some rough
play and occassional fights with my cat).

He escaped three times and came back the next day or later the same day, but
he started marking around the house after coming back the second time. The
vet said that he had no infections at all, but some crystals and he is on a
low ph diet now. But the marking seems to be not related to that (pees next
to a vase if we leave it on top of the table, or if we leave something on
the table, next to the legs of chairs, arms of sofa, etc...). What do you
recommend using? I have heard about feliway but I do not know if anybody
has used it successfully. I am just hoping we can help if he is unhappy
with something.

Thanks for your help,

Monica

Old November 28th 03, 05:52 PM
lakinapook

has your vet suggested that maybe the marking is anxiety related? I
gave my cat elavil for a while, which is an antidepressant, and it
helped her eliminate the behavior. Also, being outside and smelling
other unfamiliar cat smells might have triggered that behavior.