My PETA Thread (New Responses) Are Gone.

Old November 29th 03, 03:49 AM
Dennis Carr

On Fri, 28 Nov 2003 07:25:37 +0000, Luvskats00 wrote:

I changed the PETA thread to more accurately reflect the support of the
radical (criminal) underground. My responses did not make the
newsgroup. Do you think they were censored?

Unlikely. There are known to be forged cancels, but I've only heard of
those where the newsgroup is a constant pit of flames (IE, anything in
comp.* that ends in "advocacy" or unmoderated religious newsgroups).

--
Dennis Carr - | I may be out of my mind,
http://www.dennis.furtopia.org | But I have more fun that way.

Old November 29th 03, 07:38 PM
rrb_091903

Luvskats00 wrote:

I changed the PETA thread to more accurately reflect the support of the radical
(criminal) underground. My responses did not make the newsgroup. Do you think
they were censored?

It is possible that the posts were canceled via a forged cancel. But I
doubt it. You are posting through AOL it seems. I would bet that AOl's
server rejected the posts. I have heard of AOL's servers dropping posts
in the past. Though since AOL is involved it is possible that they did
censor the posts depending on the content.

Old November 29th 03, 08:55 PM
Alison

It is possible that the posts were canceled via a forged cancel. But

doubt it. You are posting through AOL it seems. I would bet that

AOl's
server rejected the posts. I have heard of AOL's servers dropping

posts
in the past. Though since AOL is involved it is possible that they

did
censor the posts depending on the content.

As far as I know, cancelled posts can still be read on Google .
Sometimes its easy to click Reply instead of Group reply or more
embarrassingly sending a private Reply instead of Group ReplyG
Alison

Old November 29th 03, 09:37 PM

It happens sometimes when the threads get very long .

Never heard of that before but server retention (lack off) is a well
known problem with many ISPs. Some are good for news and others drop
threads regularly like my cable ISP does (grrrrr).

-mhd