My cat's eye is hanging down on his cheek

Old March 18th 06, 01:31 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Default My cat's eye is hanging down on his cheek

cybercat wrote:
and his left front foot is missing. I don't know if it was caused by an
accident or a disease, but I can see bone and there is a lot of blood.

Anyone know what might have caused this problem? He doesn't seem
uncomfortable, but then, he is unconscious. I plan to take him to the vet
but wanted to see what you all think the problem might be, and what I should
do first.

You did the first item already... posting a question about it on a
newsgroup.

Next, you need to get all huffy and indignant over any responses you get
which even remotely suggest taking your cat to see a vet. but wait and
do that tomorrow.

Tomorrow you will notice people will start asking if you have taken the
cat to see a vet yet. You should respond that you have been waiting to
see what everyone on the newsgroup has to say about it before taking any
action.

Then a week later come back and tell us that cat died, but that you
adopted two new ones.

of course, this post and thread is all a huge sick joke and should not
be taken as a FAQ on what to do if your cat is seriously injured or sick.

Old March 18th 06, 01:47 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

"Joe Canuck" wrote in message
cybercat wrote:
[...]

Sigh. It is so sad that you have to add the disclaimer below, but you
sure do. Honestly, it is just depressing.

Old March 18th 06, 02:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

"Sherri" writes:

Oh my god! I must not be reading right. Your cats eye is hanging out,
its paw is missing and it bloody and you are asking what to do!?

This is a joke post right?

Yeah. He's being snarky about people who ask medical advice on the
group. I guess cybercat thinks the group shouldn't even exist, because
no one should ever ask for info on Usenet or something.

Stacia

Old March 18th 06, 02:09 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Glitter Ninja wrote:
"Sherri" writes:

Oh my god! I must not be reading right. Your cats eye is hanging out,
its paw is missing and it bloody and you are asking what to do!?

This is a joke post right?

Yeah. He's being snarky about people who ask medical advice on the
group. I guess cybercat thinks the group shouldn't even exist, because
no one should ever ask for info on Usenet or something.

Stacia

One needs to use their judgment about pet health issues and know when it
is time to seek out the vet or when one can simply post on the
newsgroups about it before seeking vet help.

Very often, as we have seen consistently in this group, people often
don't have good judgment regarding these issues.
Old March 18th 06, 02:21 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Joe Canuck writes:

Very often, as we have seen consistently in this group, people often
don't have good judgment regarding these issues.

I agree that there's a distinction between what is or isn't an
emergency. But I also know I once asked about my cat having a possible
upset tummy, obviously not serious. I had a vet appointment but since
it was the weekend I had to wait a couple days, so I asked about it
here. The response from at least one person was a very snotty,
accusatory, "What does your VET say?"
Every so often the same thing happens to someone else, too. A simple
question, not an emergency, where the vet was obviously already
consulted, yet someone just has to get upset that the question was even
asked.
Some people go too far the other direction. It's all I'm saying.

Stacia

Old March 18th 06, 02:38 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

"Joe Canuck" wrote in message
Glitter Ninja wrote:
"Sherri" writes:

Oh my god! I must not be reading right. Your cats eye is hanging out,
its paw is missing and it bloody and you are asking what to do!?

This is a joke post right?

Yeah. He's being snarky about people who ask medical advice on the
group. I guess cybercat thinks the group shouldn't even exist, because
no one should ever ask for info on Usenet or something.

Stacia

One needs to use their judgment about pet health issues and know when it
is time to seek out the vet or when one can simply post on the
newsgroups about it before seeking vet help.

Very often, as we have seen consistently in this group, people often
don't have good judgment regarding these issues.

Right. What I am commenting on is the rash of dumbass posts we have
had in here over the last few months. Not "my cat is throwing up,"
but "my cat is falling over, my cat is having seizures, my cat's tail
is broken, my cat has lost a lot of weight but is eating all her food,
my cat cannot move her hindquarters." Stuff like that. It mystifies me.
It bothers me. It makes me want to slap somebody stupid.

Old March 18th 06, 02:53 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Joe Canuck wrote:
You did the first item already... posting a question about it on a
newsgroup.

Next, you need to get all huffy and indignant over any responses you get
which even remotely suggest taking your cat to see a vet. but wait and
do that tomorrow.

Tomorrow you will notice people will start asking if you have taken the
cat to see a vet yet. You should respond that you have been waiting to
see what everyone on the newsgroup has to say about it before taking any
action.

Then a week later come back and tell us that cat died, but that you
adopted two new ones.

And had them declawed.

-L.

Old March 18th 06, 03:53 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

On 17 Mar 2006 16:33:28 -0800, "Sherri"
wrote:

Oh my god! I must not be reading right. Your cats eye is hanging out,
its paw is missing and it bloody and you are asking what to do!?

This is a joke post right?

It's a sincere post in a joke world, Sherri. Welcome back.

Charlie
Old March 18th 06, 04:26 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

and his left front foot is missing. I don't know if it was caused by an
accident or a disease, but I can see bone and there is a lot of blood.
Anyone know what might have caused this problem? He doesn't seem
uncomfortable, but then, he is unconscious. I plan to take him to the vet
but wanted to see what you all think the problem might be, and what I should
do first.

Believe it or not, I used to have a first aid book for cats and under "eye
problems", it said what to do if your cat's eye comes out of the socket! I
can't remember what it said but it made me and my husband laugh cause we
couldn't believe they would put that in there. If that happened, I would be
in the car racing to the vet! I'm sure it must have said that that's what
you should do, wish I still had the book. After we read that, a few days
later, my husband was playing with our cat in another room and starts yelling
"NanCe, quick, get the book, Floyd's eye has come out of it's socket!!" haha.

NanCe

rec.pets.cats: Traditional Siamese Breed-FAQ Laura Gilbreath Cat Information 0 October 19th 05 05:35 AM
performing cats Norm Cat anecdotes 0 September 18th 05 03:32 AM
rec.pets.cats: Traditional Siamese Breed-FAQ Laura Gilbreath Cat Information 0 October 29th 04 05:23 AM
Cat predation studies Alison Cat health & behaviour 48 February 5th 04 03:17 AM