My cat's eye is hanging down on his cheek

Old March 18th 06, 04:42 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Default My cat's eye is hanging down on his cheek

"NanCe via CatKB.com" u18214@uwe wrote in message
and his left front foot is missing. I don't know if it was caused by an
accident or a disease, but I can see bone and there is a lot of blood.
Anyone know what might have caused this problem? He doesn't seem
uncomfortable, but then, he is unconscious. I plan to take him to the vet
but wanted to see what you all think the problem might be, and what I

should
do first.

Believe it or not, I used to have a first aid book for cats and under "eye
problems", it said what to do if your cat's eye comes out of the socket!

No WAY.
can't remember what it said but it made me and my husband laugh cause we
couldn't believe they would put that in there. If that happened, I would

be
in the car racing to the vet! I'm sure it must have said that that's what
you should do, wish I still had the book. After we read that, a few days
later, my husband was playing with our cat in another room and starts

yelling
"NanCe, quick, get the book, Floyd's eye has come out of it's socket!!"

haha.

You married a funny guy.

Old March 18th 06, 05:16 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

"Brandy Alexandre" wrote in message

That's why you should make your subjest like "PING Phil." He's always
more than happy to oblige his ego and gives some b.s. answered he
googled just as easily as anyone else could have.

Awww, the high-school drop-out/animal abuser/crack whore is acting like a
jilted lover--- can't get me out of your mind, can you, sleaze? LOL! Sorry
bimbo-
you're not my type- I'm not desperate.

Old March 18th 06, 05:17 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

"Brandy Alexandre" wrote in message

No, he's just saying people should ask only a qualified veterinarian,
with a degree. Not me, not you, not Lyn, and certainly not Phil who
has delusions of being even BETTER than a vet.

LOL! Can't get me out of your mind, eh sleaze? I'd bet you even dream
about me! LOL! Animal abuser/crack whores aren't my type- deal with it!

Old March 18th 06, 05:26 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Phil P. wrote:

Awww, the high-school drop-out/animal abuser/crack whore is acting like a
jilted lover--- can't get me out of your mind, can you, sleaze? LOL! Sorry
bimbo-
you're not my type- I'm not desperate.

bimbo? Phil! that's awful man
ROFLMHO

Brandy, just flame his bald ass back!

bimbo is pretty funny, you gotta admit!

torch him!

Old March 18th 06, 06:33 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

On Sat, 18 Mar 2006 01:28:41 +0100, cybercat wrote:

"Matthew AKA NMR ( NO MORE RETAIL )" 10 points a troll
@linethetrollsup.com wrote in message
Hey cyber you ready for our response TAKE IT TO A VET

Well, I planned to, smart guy! I just thought I would ask for some advice
from you Usenet Experts before I blow my mall money on a vet visit. I mean,
it could be that the eye hanging out and the missing foot have a very simple
cause that I could treat with an herbal remedy or maybe an incantation.

Excuuuuuuuse me for asking! Sheeesh.

TROLL
Old March 18th 06, 11:42 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

"Phil P." wrote in message

"Brandy Alexandre" wrote in message

No, he's just saying people should ask only a qualified veterinarian,
with a degree. Not me, not you, not Lyn, and certainly not Phil who
has delusions of being even BETTER than a vet.

LOL! Can't get me out of your mind, eh sleaze? I'd bet you even dream
about me! LOL! Animal abuser/crack whores aren't my type- deal with it!

She is in love with you Phil there is no getting rid of her

Old March 18th 06, 11:56 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

If that is true why don't you answers these questions that come up.
instead of doing your usual tactic

"Brandy Alexandre" wrote in message
Glitter Ninja wrote in
rec.pets.cats.health+behav:

Joe Canuck writes:

Very often, as we have seen consistently in this group, people
often don't have good judgment regarding these issues.

I agree that there's a distinction between what is or isn't an
emergency. But I also know I once asked about my cat having a
possible upset tummy, obviously not serious. I had a vet
appointment but since it was the weekend I had to wait a couple
days, so I asked about it here. The response from at least one
person was a very snotty, accusatory, "What does your VET say?"
Every so often the same thing happens to someone else, too. A
simple
question, not an emergency, where the vet was obviously already
consulted, yet someone just has to get upset that the question was
even asked.

--
Brandy Alexandre

--Everything tastes better with cat hair in it. =^.^=

Old March 18th 06, 07:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

"Phil P." wrote in message

"Brandy Alexandre" wrote in message

No, he's just saying people should ask only a qualified veterinarian,
with a degree. Not me, not you, not Lyn, and certainly not Phil who
has delusions of being even BETTER than a vet.

LOL! Can't get me out of your mind, eh sleaze? I'd bet you even dream
about me! LOL! Animal abuser/crack whores aren't my type- deal with it!

She is in love with you Phil there is no getting rid of her

Maybe a strong dose of penicillin will get rid of her. She doesn't like
people who can see through her act and B.S. anecdotal stories and who know
she's abused her cat for years-- from her own words. She wasn't expecting
to run into people who've worked in rescue and sheltering for years and can
spot animal abusers in a heartbeat.

She's truly an idiot. She says people "should ask only a qualified
veterinarian, with a degree." Everybody knows vets are *never* wrong and
*never* make mistakes and that *every* vet is experienced in, and knows
*everything* about, *every* feline disease... Yet her own vet didn't even
know about inhalation therapy for asthmatic cats and that declawing a biter
(that she created) increases the frequency and intensity of the behavior.

The bimbo doesn't realize the whole purpose of this group is for people to
ask questions and share their experiences and knowledge precisely because
they didn't get enough information from their vets! She thinks this group is
her personal blog where she tell all her BS conjured up anecdotal 'loving
caretaker' stories. I really think she subscribed to this group to learn how
real cat lovers talk- so she can perfect her act.

Old March 18th 06, 09:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

"cybercat" wrote:

and his left front foot is missing. I don't know if it was caused
by an accident or a disease, but I can see bone and there is a lot
of blood... what I should do first.

Spit out any part of the cat's foot you haven't already swallowed...
put it in a Ziploc plastic bag and go to the veterinarian. Take the
cat with you.

Old March 19th 06, 01:49 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Brandy Alexandre wrote:

But then he never has any cats to place, no one has seen this shelter,
and there are no phone numbers for inquiries. Gee, I wonder why? Got
any new tax scam accounts in the Caymans, Phil?

whatchew talkin bout whillis?

rec.pets.cats: Traditional Siamese Breed-FAQ Laura Gilbreath Cat Information 0 October 19th 05 05:35 AM
performing cats Norm Cat anecdotes 0 September 18th 05 03:32 AM
rec.pets.cats: Traditional Siamese Breed-FAQ Laura Gilbreath Cat Information 0 October 29th 04 05:23 AM
Cat predation studies Alison Cat health & behaviour 48 February 5th 04 03:17 AM