The Grunting Box

Old January 18th 09, 05:25 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Default The Grunting Box

When Caliban gets excited, he grunts. Sometimes when he clearly means to
purr, he grunts instead. Grunt-grunt-grunt. He grunts in his sleep, i.e.
snores.

This happened the other day. I was watching TV when I heard
grunt-grunt-grunt somewhere near me. I looked around, but couldn't see
Caliban anywhere. I settled back down to watch TV. Then Miranda came
sauntering into the room, walking past a cardboard box on the floor -
and Caliban exploded out of the box to attack her.

As far as I can map out what happened is, Caliban was lying in wait for
Miranda, and in his excitement about his plan he started to grunt to
himself. A little like a kid who is hiding from his friends and starts
to giggle to himself because he thinks he's so smart. Grunt-grunt-grunt.

--
Marina, Miranda and Caliban.
In loving memory of Frank and Nikki.
Old January 18th 09, 05:47 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Marina wrote:

As far as I can map out what happened is, Caliban was lying in wait for
Miranda, and in his excitement about his plan he started to grunt to
himself. A little like a kid who is hiding from his friends and starts
to giggle to himself because he thinks he's so smart. Grunt-grunt-grunt.

That's a perfect characterization. I can just imagine him chortling to
himself. And you do have to admit that his plan worked.

Roxy used to hide in under small throw rugs, waiting for Smudge to
amble by. Then she'd fall asleep under there.

--
Joyce ^..^

Old January 18th 09, 11:33 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

Marina wrote:
When Caliban gets excited, he grunts. Sometimes when he clearly means
to purr, he grunts instead. Grunt-grunt-grunt. He grunts in his
sleep, i.e. snores.

This happened the other day. I was watching TV when I heard
grunt-grunt-grunt somewhere near me. I looked around, but couldn't see
Caliban anywhere. I settled back down to watch TV. Then Miranda came
sauntering into the room, walking past a cardboard box on the floor -
and Caliban exploded out of the box to attack her.

As far as I can map out what happened is, Caliban was lying in wait
for Miranda, and in his excitement about his plan he started to grunt
to himself. A little like a kid who is hiding from his friends and
starts to giggle to himself because he thinks he's so smart.
Grunt-grunt-grunt.

That must have been really funny. :-)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old January 18th 09, 07:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_3_]

"Marina" wrote in message
When Caliban gets excited, he grunts. Sometimes when he clearly means to
purr, he grunts instead. Grunt-grunt-grunt. He grunts in his sleep, i.e.
snores.

I've known cats like that. Dante purrs very loudly and choppily. Stinky
always would grunt when he hit the floor, because he would be purring.

This happened the other day. I was watching TV when I heard
grunt-grunt-grunt somewhere near me. I looked around, but couldn't see
Caliban anywhere. I settled back down to watch TV. Then Miranda came
sauntering into the room, walking past a cardboard box on the floor - and
Caliban exploded out of the box to attack her.

As far as I can map out what happened is, Caliban was lying in wait for
Miranda, and in his excitement about his plan he started to grunt to
himself. A little like a kid who is hiding from his friends and starts to
giggle to himself because he thinks he's so smart. Grunt-grunt-grunt.

His Sillyness! LOL!

--
Theresa and Dante
drtmuirATearthlink.net

Stinky Forever: http://community.webshots.com/album/125591586JWEFwh

Old January 20th 09, 02:53 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

Marina wrote:
As far as I can map out what happened is, Caliban was lying in wait for
Miranda, and in his excitement about his plan he started to grunt to
himself. A little like a kid who is hiding from his friends and starts
to giggle to himself because he thinks he's so smart. Grunt-grunt-grunt.

I like the part about his "plan". Is it that sort of snorting
sound they sometimes make when they sniff at something while they're
purring loudly?
Old January 20th 09, 04:23 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Takayuki wrote:

I like the part about his "plan". Is it that sort of snorting
sound they sometimes make when they sniff at something while they're
purring loudly?

No, it really is a grunt, like a little pig (I call Caliban my
'nasse-kisse', which means piggy-kitty in Swedish). It's hard to
describe if you've never happened to meet a cat who does this.

Old January 20th 09, 04:46 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Marina wrote:

Takayuki wrote:

I like the part about his "plan". Is it that sort of snorting
sound they sometimes make when they sniff at something while they're
purring loudly?

No, it really is a grunt, like a little pig (I call Caliban my
'nasse-kisse', which means piggy-kitty in Swedish). It's hard to
describe if you've never happened to meet a cat who does this.

It might be time to make us a sound clip. Roxy snores, and she does
this purry sniff-sniff-sniff in my ear when she wants some of my dinner.
But I can't say I've ever heard a cat grunt like a pig. Not that I don't
believe you, but now I'm curious and want to hear this.

--
Joyce ^..^

Old January 20th 09, 05:16 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
John F. Eldredge

On Tue, 20 Jan 2009 04:46:58 +0000, bastXXXette wrote:

Marina wrote:

Takayuki wrote:

I like the part about his "plan". Is it that sort of snorting
sound they sometimes make when they sniff at something while they're
purring loudly?

No, it really is a grunt, like a little pig (I call Caliban my
'nasse-kisse', which means piggy-kitty in Swedish). It's hard to
describe if you've never happened to meet a cat who does this.

It might be time to make us a sound clip. Roxy snores, and she does
this purry sniff-sniff-sniff in my ear when she wants some of my dinner.
But I can't say I've ever heard a cat grunt like a pig. Not that I don't
believe you, but now I'm curious and want to hear this.

Another funny noise is if a cat meows while scratching an itch. The
result is "Meow..ow..ow", as if they were trying to bark like a dog.

--
John F. Eldredge --
PGP key available from