OT Florida couple clones beloved dog for $155,000

Old February 1st 09, 07:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew[_3_]

Default OT Florida couple clones beloved dog for $155,000

http://www.cnn.com:80/2009/LIVING/01...=ib_topstories

155,000 What a pair of POS.

155,000 could keep 3or 4 shelters running for a year here. I let them know
my feelings on their website.

Which looks like the email and site has been placed under construction

Old February 1st 09, 07:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

On Feb 1, 11:13*am, "Matthew"
wrote:
http://www.cnn.com:80/2009/LIVING/01...x.html?eref=ib....

155,000 * What a pair of POS.

And I feel sorry for the puppy- he didn't ask to be born and how much
longer before if he doesn't behave like the dog they miss- they decide
they don't like him? I know they are saying they know he isn't
identical to the dog they lost in terms of personality but for anyone
to do that suggests they want an identical dog.....animals are
individuals and this poor pup may not have a chance to be that

And yes if I had that much money to spare I'd create a far better
memory to a deceased owner. I'd give it to my local shelter who want
to move to a bigger property and ask if they would mind perhaps naming
the new shelter in memory of my RB cats or even a room in it- I;d get
more kick out of hearing that homeless cats were now sleeping in "Isis
room" or the "Fugazi pens" or the "Speedy Joe" wing than getting a
clone of them

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs
Old February 1st 09, 08:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_3_]

"Lesley" wrote in message
On Feb 1, 11:13 am, "Matthew"
wrote:
[...]

I'm with you. Oh why weren't we born rich instead of beautiful?

--
Theresa and Dante
drtmuirATearthlink.net

Stinky Forever: http://community.webshots.com/album/125591586JWEFwh

Old February 1st 09, 08:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

On Feb 1, 12:55*pm, "Kreisleriana" wrote:
I'm with you. Oh why weren't we born rich instead of beautiful?

i wasn't born either!

Old February 1st 09, 09:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Lesley wrote:

On Feb 1, 12:55?pm, "Kreisleriana" wrote:

I'm with you. Oh why weren't we born rich instead of beautiful?

i wasn't born either!

Lesley, at first I thought you were saying "I wasn't born, either!"
Oh, really? Were you deposited by aliens? Do tell.

Then I got it. Hey, I'm only on my first cup of tea. Be kind to the
slow-witted!

--
Joyce ^..^

Old February 1st 09, 09:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

On Feb 1, 1:12*pm, wrote:
)

Then I got it. Hey, I'm only on my first cup of tea. Be kind to the
slow-witted!

It's just after 9 PM over here but I am the same in the mornings....a
couple of mornings ago (Before my 1st cup of coffee( I went to the
office next to me and happened to notice someone's computer wall paper
was this rather attractive hunk wearing nothing but a towel and
someone said "We call him hot chocolate" (he was African)

and I said "Wouldn't mind a mug full of that"

At which point they burst out laughing and I was standing there
wondering why they found it so funny....after my coffee I think I
sorta understood it after my second...I felt embarassed

And yes I wasn't born I was deposited by the mothership to take care
of owners!

Old February 1st 09, 10:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

Matthew wrote:
http://www.cnn.com:80/2009/LIVING/01...=ib_topstories

155,000 What a pair of POS.

155,000 could keep 3or 4 shelters running for a year here. I let
them know my feelings on their website.

Which looks like the email and site has been placed under construction

Don't be too hard on them, they're not acting rationally, they are reacting
out of grief. If you thought you could bring back your loved one in full
health and vigour and had the $155,000, then in your grief, you might do it
too.

The $155,000 they paid to the insitute will also no doubt be put toward
research into medical cloning technology, which may help who knows how many
people and animals in the future. The article says they've also given far
more than $155K to the humane society, so its not as it they're totally
selfish greedy people. Spending such money on something you and I would
consider 'a waste of good money' is no worse, IMHO, than buying a yacht or
going on an around the world first class holiday etc etc than giving to a
charity, but perhaps this money will go to something useful rather than be
totally wasted on hedonistic pastimes.

It may not be what you or I would do, but I find it hard to completely
condemn their actions

Yowie

Old February 1st 09, 11:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

I find this totally disgusting. So many people have such horrible problems,
along with their pets and people spend money on this. I am concerned about
health problems too. If it has problems, will they spend even a grand on it
or have it PTS for not being what they wanted.
g.com...

Old February 1st 09, 11:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

Guess I missed both those lines when being put together.
"Kreisleriana" wrote in message
m...

Old February 1st 09, 11:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

Yowie, you are much kinder than I, guess it is good there are people who can
feel this way but I can't. If I had that kind of money the cops would be
after me for theft!! Hmmmmm guess I couldn't have robbed a bank, they claim
they are broke too.