Megan DOES Live in a 1-bedroom Apt. With 20-some cats.

Old June 16th 05, 01:58 AM

Pam wrote:

I just do not think that Megan is a
hoarder.

And you would be correct. Hoarders don't keep a clean house,
spay/neuter, have large files filled with vet records, feed premium
canned food, use premium litter, go through annual inspections, pay
yearly permit fees, etc, etc. I do.

I *do* think that 25 cats or whatever is a
lot. Too many? Not for me to decide. I've
looked at her pix though and they seem to
be happy, playful kitties.

They are happy, playful kitties. Pictures don't lie. They are all
healthy and beautiful with wonderful personalities and they live in
harmony. My detractors don't give a **** about my cats. They are just
grasping at anything they can, and lying any way they can in a pathetic
attempt to malign. It's sad, really.

Megan

nothing."

-Edmund Burke

Learn The TRUTH About Declawing
http://www.stopdeclaw.com

Zuzu's Cats Photo Album:
http://www.PictureTrail.com/zuzu22

way."

- W.H. Murray

Old June 16th 05, 01:59 AM
John Doe

Off topic malicious troll

From: "Mary" marys catlovernospam.com
Newsgroups: rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Subject: Megan DOES Live in a 1-bedroom Apt. With 20-some cats.
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 12:42:07 -0400

Megan will be so proud of me! I Googled her!

Here is the game she is playing. She can say it is a lie that she lives in a
one-bedroom apartment with 23 cats because she really lives in a one-bedroom
apartment with
24 cats.

What a pathetic attempt to avoid telling the truth. And how sad for the
cats. Here is the first thread that came up:

http://tinyurl.com/c6elf

While I am sure she has the best of intentions, anyone who thinks that many
cats living in ANY SIZE one-bedroom apartment are in the best possible place
is nuts.

Getting back to Henry: I am very sad for him. He had the run of a good-sized
place at Brians, got shuffled to some woman's home who never wanted him, and
now is stuffed into Megan's little apartment with 20-some other cats.

That was my point. Poor Henry.

Old June 16th 05, 02:09 AM
Phil P.

wrote in message

lying any way they can in a pathetic
attempt to malign. It's sad, really.

You described your behavior perfectly.

Old June 16th 05, 02:12 AM
Philip

Justin L wrote:
On Thu, 16 Jun 2005 00:40:28 GMT, "Philip"
wrote:

snip
Our house will be a one cat home again tomorrow. Conan's replacement
comes home for the first time.

Wow, you gave up on him already?

That was fast.

Poor cat.

My vet did the customary first office visit on the third day (June4). The
following Saturday (June11), the follow up evaluation was "Cut your loses
now ... Conan's condition is not simple URI." Six days of hand/force
feeding 2-3 times a day with additional symptoms appearing was not up to the
vet's standards nor mine.

Please people ... just calm down.

Old June 16th 05, 02:12 AM
Philip

daddypop wrote:
Philip wrote:

The true test of how many cats is enough is: Invite a neighbor in
for coffee. Watch their reaction to seeing the number of cats you
have. Take note of their reluctance to sit on anything upholstered.
Watch their face for wrinkled nose or flinching eyes.

I'm convinced many "cat people" have a high tolerance to kitty
smells and dander. When you are a cat fancier, it is really
difficult to be objective about the level of care you are providing.

Our house will be a one cat home again tomorrow. Conan's replacement
comes home for the first time.

I wonder what Noah would think about all this?

Congratulations on your forthcoming cat! I know you guys are excited.
(just don't lock your keys in the car)

Some accountings of the Great Flood indicate God put all the animals into a
deep sleep ... like hibernation.

I've since put a hide-a-key box behind the radiator grill. LOL Pictures
when practical.

Old June 16th 05, 02:17 AM
KellyH

"Philip" wrote
My vet did the customary first office visit on the third day (June4). The
following Saturday (June11), the follow up evaluation was "Cut your loses
now ... Conan's condition is not simple URI." Six days of hand/force
feeding 2-3 times a day with additional symptoms appearing was not up to
the vet's standards nor mine.

Please people ... just calm down.

I don't know any vet who would say "cut your losses".
RIP Conan.

--
-Kelly

Old June 16th 05, 02:25 AM
Phil P.

"KellyH" wrote in message
"Philip" wrote
My vet did the customary first office visit on the third day (June4).

The
following Saturday (June11), the follow up evaluation was "Cut your

loses
now ... Conan's condition is not simple URI." Six days of hand/force
feeding 2-3 times a day with additional symptoms appearing was not up to
the vet's standards nor mine.

Please people ... just calm down.

I don't know any vet who would say "cut your losses".
RIP Conan.

Neither do I - unless the vet is as emotionally bankrupt as Philip.

He's definitely a DNA.

Old June 16th 05, 02:26 AM
Cheryl

On Wed 15 Jun 2005 09:17:34p, KellyH wrote in
rec.pets.cats.health+behav
):

"Philip" wrote
My vet did the customary first office visit on the third day
(June4). The following Saturday (June11), the follow up
evaluation was "Cut your loses now ... Conan's condition is not
simple URI." Six days of hand/force feeding 2-3 times a day
with additional symptoms appearing was not up to the vet's
standards nor mine.

Please people ... just calm down.

I don't know any vet who would say "cut your losses".
RIP Conan.

--
Cheryl

"The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited
breath."
- W.C. Fields
Old June 16th 05, 02:30 AM
Philip

KellyH wrote:
"Philip" wrote
My vet did the customary first office visit on the third day
(June4). The following Saturday (June11), the follow up evaluation
was "Cut your loses now ... Conan's condition is not simple URI." Six
days of hand/force feeding 2-3 times a day with additional
symptoms appearing was not up to the vet's standards nor mine.

Please people ... just calm down.

I don't know any vet who would say "cut your losses".
RIP Conan.

You don't know many vets and you certainly do not know mine. What you may
not have considered is that woman to woman vocabulary is different than
woman to man vocabulary. An effective communicator is practiced in both
styles.

Thank you for sparing me an emotional outburst.

Old June 16th 05, 02:32 AM
PawsForThought

kitkatluna wrote:
Agreed. I just do not think that Megan is a hoarder. I *do* think that
25 cats or whatever is a lot. Too many? Not for me to decide. I've
looked at her pix though and they seem to be happy, playful kitties.
Just lots of them. I could never live like that. I'd probably die of an
asthma attack.

I don't think Megan is a hoarder either. From my own contact with her,
and contact others have had with her, she just doesn't fit the profile.
I do think Megan's problem, which really isn't one, is she has a big
heart where cats are concerned, but I don't think it's up to us to
judge her ability to care for cats. She has a license, which isn't
granted to just anyone. I'm sure she had to show proof of her
situation. I remember years ago when I volunteered at a shelter, it
just broke my heart seeing all those unwanted animals. I can see how
easy it would be for someone to want to help as many as they can.

Lauren