Curiosity... what a wonderful thing.

Old April 17th 04, 12:43 AM
Zorin the Lynx

Default Curiosity... what a wonderful thing.

The phrase "curiosity killed the cat" was probably coined by a time
traveller who met my cat, then went back in time. Some of the things
that attract Lynxie's attention are just bizarre.

For instance, last night I started disassembling my mouse to clean out
the crap in it, and within a few seconds of unscrewing, Lynxie, who was
in another room, came running in and jumped up on my desk and stuck his
nose right into what I was doing. He smelled the mouse and the
screwdriver obsessively, even though both items routinely sit on my desk
and are normally ignored.

Today I was opening envelopes, and within microseconds, there he was,
ready to play with the bits of paper that get torn off.

When I eat breakfast he will sit right next to my bowl of cereal and
politely wait until I give him corn flakes. He devours them with almost
as much enthusiasm as he devours his Friskies treats.

If I'm getting ice from the fridge and an ice cube falls from the ice
maker onto the floor, within milliseconds he runs into the kitchen and
searches for the wayward cube. He usually doesn't find it until I kick
it in his direction, though, then he plays with it for like 30 seconds
and leaves it to melt into a puddle of water that's ripe for slipping on
later.

Gotta love having a cat. He makes time at home interesting in his own
wonderful fuzzy way. }

-Z
Old April 17th 04, 01:35 AM
Karen Chuplis

in article , Zorin the Lynx at
wrote on 4/16/04 6:43 PM:

[...]

But of course! That's his job.

karen

Old April 17th 04, 08:55 PM
Steve Touchstone

On Fri, 16 Apr 2004 19:43:02 -0400, Zorin the Lynx
wrote:

[...]

One of Sammy's odd fascinations is with scotch tape. She just HAS to
smell and touch it, but acts like she hates it when she gets any stuck
to her. Around here tape has to be put in a drawer, or it will
disappear into that great void which also holds a myriad of other
items.
--
Steve Touchstone,

[remove Junk for email]
Home Page:

Old April 18th 04, 07:30 AM
LOL

Zorin the Lynx wrote in message ...
The phrase "curiosity killed the cat" was probably coined by a time
traveller who met my cat, then went back in time. Some of the things
that attract Lynxie's attention are just bizarre.

(snipped the middle part here)

Gotta love having a cat. He makes time at home interesting in his own
wonderful fuzzy way. }

-Z

Indeed. I love watching Tiger's nosiness overcome his timidity when
he ventures inside. He sometimes forgets to be nervous because he's
so busy checking everything out, hee hee.

------
Krista