Home for Love-Starved Cats?

Old October 19th 05, 05:50 AM
Paul M. Cook

Default Home for Love-Starved Cats?

"Juls" wrote in message
In article ew14f.5003$2Y2.361@trnddc05, "Paul M. Cook"
wrote:

Why yes, yes I do. It's this control thing I have. See I start out by
being a newsgroup dictator and then I move on to getting elected to
Congress, then after that I steal the presidency (little trick I learned
from GW) and then I bring the whole Internet under my control You have

start small and build up.

First thing you need to understand...it's internets, plural.

I plan to vote for you, but I expect a little cronyism. (i.e., I want
to be a SC justice!)

You are probably overqualified if the latest picks are any indication. I
could swing a nomination for Jack, however. He'd vote party line all the
way as long as the cat treats hold out.

Paul

Old October 22nd 05, 06:39 PM
Juls

In article ,
"Brandy**Alexandre" wrote:

I think cat treats come under buying votes. There could end up
being an investigation, starting with a breath test on Jack.

I have to agree, and supposedly these new Feline Greenies show up on
the tests immediately. (They LOVE greenies, btw!)

--
To email (remove annoying hyphens)

j-u-l-i
at
e-c-t-dot-o-r-g
Old October 22nd 05, 06:48 PM
Juls

In article , "meee"
wrote:

Yes I saw your posts about Jack and Jasmine....she is so gorgeous, jasmine
looks very similar to her, very fine boned and smallish, except with orange
sploges and amber coloures eyes. we had a blue eyed white cat when i was
very small, she was also deaf, never meowed or anything, and after she ran
away my dad never got another cat. He later moved and doesn't want one now
because he doesn't like them killing the birds, but when my sisters are all
out of the house and he can keep it inside i might get him another....life
without cats isn't life!!!

No truer statement!

do you have any more photos of jasmine? i'd love
to see how she looks now. are she and jack smurgling yet??

Haha, of course I have more pictures!

http://photobucket.com/albums/a384/jackjazz/

Latest ones are on page 2, and they're snuggling all the time (when not
playing).

I bought a cheap cat tree at Wal Mart (35 bucks), and had been warned
they were made of cardboard. I wanted to buy a cheap one and see if
there was any interest. THERE IS. Unfortunately, the place I wanted to
put it has tile ceilings, and with that spring-loaded thing that pushes
against the tiles, it's no good. I've got it temporarily in the
kitchen, where there's plaster ceiling, but it's not good. First of
all, having a cat tree in the middle of the kitchen is a bit in the
way. Second, she uses it as a launching pad to land on the stove and
counters.

So it's going to have to come down and go back to Wal Mart. (It's also
pretty flimsy...okay for a small cat, but I think Jack's 17 pounds
would kill it...and he seems to know it, hasn't tried it at all, and I
KNOW he likes to climb and go high!)

I'm going to have to build one from scratch, I'm afraid, and figure a
way to mount it to the wall. I'm also considering one from this
place...they look great, but are kind of expensive:

http://www.kittykornercatfurniture.c...Furniture.html

After so many years of boy cats, having a girlie cat is interesting!
She only eats when she's actually hungry. I'm used to boy cats who
would eat 24/7 if I'd feed them. And she's not picky!!!

She's also developing a little, squeaky mrrrp. I love it!

Old October 24th 05, 02:08 PM
Lesley

Latest ones are on page 2, and they're snuggling all the time (when not
playing).

They look so happy together! I'm so glad for Jack (and Jasmine of
course). I seem to remember you were going to have her deafness checked
out what was the result?

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Old October 24th 05, 06:30 PM
Juls

In article .com,
"Lesley" wrote:

Latest ones are on page 2, and they're snuggling all the time (when not
playing).

They look so happy together! I'm so glad for Jack (and Jasmine of
course). I seem to remember you were going to have her deafness checked
out what was the result?

I did take her to my vet, and she said Jasmine's ears were very clean.
But deaf, and she said most likely she was born that way, that it's
more common in all-white cats. Her being deaf has turned out to be such
a non-issue. The only problem is when she's where she shouldn't be, I
can't yell no from across the room, and she's very good about making
sure her back is to me so I can't use the hand signal.

She's definitely developing some mrrrps and chatter. Not often, but
it's cute when she does. Very high pitched and soft.

Jack is just crazy about her and now he's licking her back. (She was
licking him a lot, and he enjoyed it, but hadn't licked her back until
the last few days)

He is totally back to being the happy boy he was, and I'm so glad. And
she's just a doll....crazy kitten, but so sweet. At night, now, she
always gets in bed and curls up next to me. Usually has to play "Get
your eye" for awhile, but then settles down and goes to sleep.

But the most wonderful thing happened this morning! I woke up to find
both of them on the bed, one on each side of me, staring, waiting for
me to get up and give them some breakfast. That was what Dmitri and
Jack did most mornings, staring at me as I woke up. Jack hadn't done it
since Dmitri died, but somehow he taught the trick to Jasmine. (Or else
Dmitri guided her and told Jack to resume the stunt because it made me
laugh!) It was glorious!