Home for Love-Starved Cats?

Old October 11th 05, 03:21 AM
Juls

In article ,
"Brandy**Alexandre" wrote:

Kami's annoyed by it.

How's she doing?

--
To email (remove annoying hyphens)

j-u-l-i
at
e-c-t-dot-o-r-g
Old October 11th 05, 08:37 PM
Brian Beuchaw

Joe Canuck wrote:

Really? Am I alone in *never* being annoyed by my pets?

I'd guess you're in the .0001% of pet-owners that are *never* annoyed by
your pets.

Isn't life far too short to spend even a tiny portion of it annoyed?

I think so.

OK, I want lessons from you on how to spend my entire life never getting
annoyed by anything, 'cos you must be a Zen master of the highest order,
Buddha, on some *amazing* drugs, or something else because life just ain't
like that for about 99.9999% of the population.

Our cats annoy us on an almost daily basis, and I'd venture to say that
nobody else that reads this newsgroup has *never* been annoyed by their
pets.

brian
--
If you want to reply to this message by mail, you will
have to change the reply address to

Old October 11th 05, 08:42 PM
Joe Canuck

Brian Beuchaw wrote:

Joe Canuck wrote:

Really? Am I alone in *never* being annoyed by my pets?

I'd guess you're in the .0001% of pet-owners that are *never* annoyed by
your pets.

Isn't life far too short to spend even a tiny portion of it annoyed?

I think so.

OK, I want lessons from you on how to spend my entire life never getting
annoyed by anything, 'cos you must be a Zen master of the highest order,
Buddha, on some *amazing* drugs, or something else because life just ain't
like that for about 99.9999% of the population.

Our cats annoy us on an almost daily basis, and I'd venture to say that
nobody else that reads this newsgroup has *never* been annoyed by their
pets.

brian

Being annoyed is a choice, I choose not to be... you can too.

Old October 11th 05, 09:18 PM
Brian Beuchaw

Joe Canuck wrote:

Being annoyed is a choice, I choose not to be... you can too.

You're a better person than about 99% of the population - I congratulate
you. And I still want some of whatever drug you're on. :-)

brian

Old October 11th 05, 11:52 PM
Juls

In article ,
"Brandy**Alexandre" wrote:

Other than that, she is still Ms. Spunky. A few days ago she had one
of those "Oh God! I have to be in the other room RIGHT NOW!"
Zoooom....

I'm really glad to hear that she's feeling better. I kind of thought of
Kami as Dmitri's CRF buddy, and I was looking to you and Kami for tips
'n tricks, and moral support down that road. Things didn't go as I
planned obviously, but I'm glad to hear she's still got spunk in her.
That makes me happy.

Big scritches to her...

Juls

p.s. I'm glad you're okay after your car accident. That sucked!

Old October 12th 05, 12:53 AM
Joe Canuck

Juls wrote:

and I was looking to you and Kami for tips
'n tricks

For tips n' tricks regarding CRF you'd be far better to rely on Phil in
this newsgroup.

....notwithstanding previous comments, I say this without bias.
Old October 12th 05, 12:57 AM
meee

"Brian Beuchaw" wrote in message
Joe Canuck wrote:

Really? Am I alone in *never* being annoyed by my pets?

I'd guess you're in the .0001% of pet-owners that are *never* annoyed by
your pets.

Isn't life far too short to spend even a tiny portion of it annoyed?

I think so.

OK, I want lessons from you on how to spend my entire life never getting
annoyed by anything, 'cos you must be a Zen master of the highest order,
Buddha, on some *amazing* drugs, or something else because life just ain't
like that for about 99.9999% of the population.

Our cats annoy us on an almost daily basis, and I'd venture to say that
nobody else that reads this newsgroup has *never* been annoyed by their
pets.

I'm sorry if this offends touchy people, but I have to agree. Jasmine is
*annoying* me right now. Cats do it deliberately, in order to get what they
want. So do children. She's annoying me because she's pregnant, I've changed
her food, bought the wrong flavour too, and I won't let her outside to kill
the birds (she's an ex-stray and still not reconciled to inside life). I
know she was doing it on purpose because when I didn't give in to her, she's
gone off to have a nap...but cats practise being annoying...and aloof and
scary and cute and lovable. That's why we love them!! We don't not love them
if they annoy us by jumping on us at 3am, claws out. We still love them,
that's why we roll over, get out of bed and feed them. Lighten up, this is
just a newsgroup.
brian

Old October 12th 05, 01:20 AM
Joe Canuck

Joe Canuck wrote:

[...]

I don't think cats practise being annoying, they just exist and go about
their kitty business.

Our emotions are choices. No one forces an emotion on anyone else. One
makes a choice to be in a certain mood.

Old October 12th 05, 01:43 AM
meee

Joe Canuck wrote:

[...]

True! they're not deliberately being annoying, it just looks that way!
they're just being cats, I suppose

Our emotions are choices. No one forces an emotion on anyone else. One
makes a choice to be in a certain mood.

Yes, but in some situations, most people find it difficult to even think
about whether they can make a choice to be annoyed or not. It's only human
to be sometimes overtaken by emotion...it's very hard to constantly choose
not to be annoyed, I personally found it easier to stay calm when I was
single and unworried by money. When you have children, animals or partners
it gets more difficult, and harder to 'choose' not to feel annoyed...I agree
with taking responsibilty for emotions, but be sympathetic to those who are
still learning the skill of self-actualization.

Old October 12th 05, 02:11 AM
cybercat

"Joe Canuck" wrote in message

I don't think cats practise being annoying, they just exist and go about
their kitty business.

Our emotions are choices. No one forces an emotion on anyone else. One
makes a choice to be in a certain mood.

Unless one has a victim mentality. There's an epidemic of that going
around, Joe.