Influenza Pam strikes again :(

Old December 23rd 03, 05:19 PM
Tanada

Default Influenza Pam strikes again :(

Yup, I got the flu. Temps have been running over 101F, Rob turned off
the ceiling fan because I thought Smokey the bear was hanging from it by
his hat and wanted him down from there and out of the house, and I'm
hot/cold/hot/cold and so forth.

The other day I had four cats (Berfert, QC, Merlin, and Huey) on the
bed, and Pine Cone on my computer chair and Penny camped out on the
printer. They were all staring at me. I thought they were purring to
help me feel better, but Rob got up and they followed him out the door.
They felt their food dish was too empty.

I'm recovering (I hope) slowly, but I've had this since Saturday and I
still feel rotten. (Please, bear with me, I do have a funny cat story
after the Whining) I don't expect to be making Christmas dinner on
Thursday as I'm still taking it pretty easy, as everything tends to go
to my lungs in my old age.

Now for the funny story.

Last week, we changed sheets and flipped over the mattress. Yes, we
change sheets more than once per week, but these are special
circumstances. All of the cats saw me coming in with sheets and pillow
cases and left the room. All except QC. I joked that she's stubborn
enough to ride the mattress over and Rob agreed.

Sure enough, QC stayed on the sheets and blankets as we removed them
from the bed, just moving from one that was being moved to one that
hadn't been moved yet. When it came time to flip the mattress, she
walked to the upper part of the mattress, looked Rob in the eye and sat
down. Mandy and I shoved the bottom part of the mattress over so that
it wouldn't bump, or throw QC into the ceiling fan, and she rode the
mattress over.

Rob loved on her while I got out an undercover for the sheets, and then
she left, satisfied that we had received her message, whatever it was.
Then Merlin came in to help us make up the bed. It was finished with a
huge lump in the center where he had made himself comfortable. He later
moved out from under the blankets to sleep between my legs. This is
very uncomfortable as Merlin is HUGE. QC slept snuggled up to Rob. The
rest of the crew slid themselves in as best they could. I rarely have
to worry about having enough blankets with the cats in the house.

BTW, Honor has become a traveling cat. Jim takes her home to his house
when he goes home, and brings her here when he comes over. She has won
over Pumpkin (the Graves' cat) who is paranoid. He has discovered that
chase is fun. Jim's mom has accused him of training Honor to be so cute
that it would win her over. As if the little one needed training.

Merry Christmas to you all. We're sending out kind wishes, good vibes,
and purrs to those who want or need them. I still have over 1300
messages to wade through in this group, so I'd better get cracking.

Pam S.
Old December 23rd 03, 08:39 PM
Marina

"Tanada" wrote
Yup, I got the flu.

Purrs that you get better just in time for the Christmas dinner that your
family had to cook because you were too sick. )

Frank used to help me with changing the sheets, but now that he's a staid
old gentlecat he just sits beside me supervising that I make *his* bed soft
and nice enough.

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki

Old December 24th 03, 01:48 AM
Brenda

"Tanada" wrote in message
[...]

hope you fell better soon, Pam.
Brenda

Old December 24th 03, 02:12 AM
Christine Burel

"Tanada" wrote in message
Yup, I got the flu. Temps have been running over 101F, Rob turned off
the ceiling fan because I thought Smokey the bear was hanging from it by
his hat and wanted him down from there and out of the house, and I'm
hot/cold/hot/cold and so forth.

snip

Many purrs for feeling better, Pam!
Christine

Old December 24th 03, 07:48 AM
LOL

Tanada wrote in message ...
Yup, I got the flu. Temps have been running over 101F, Rob turned off
the ceiling fan because I thought Smokey the bear was hanging from it by
his hat and wanted him down from there and out of the house, and I'm
hot/cold/hot/cold and so forth.

(snipped)

Poor Pam! We are sending complete-recovery purrs, but they are not to
take effect until all Christmas preparations have been done by *other
people* and you can relax and enjoy them.

------
Krista
Old December 24th 03, 08:57 AM
polonca12000

Please take good care of yourself, Pam, and take it easy!
We are purring for you and sending best wishes for you to feel much better
really soon,
--
Polonca & Soncek

Old December 24th 03, 05:32 PM
Tanada

LOL wrote:

Tanada wrote in message ...
Yup, I got the flu. Temps have been running over 101F, Rob turned off
the ceiling fan because I thought Smokey the bear was hanging from it by
his hat and wanted him down from there and out of the house, and I'm
hot/cold/hot/cold and so forth.

(snipped)

Poor Pam! We are sending complete-recovery purrs, but they are not to
take effect until all Christmas preparations have been done by *other
people* and you can relax and enjoy them.

Rob thinks you're funny.

Mike is not expected to be home until late tonight. I made Mandy wrap
presents for Jesse, Jim, and the Graves cats. Rob tried to get me into
see a dr, but they have basically told him to try to get me into the
acute care clinic (opens at 4pm our time) or take me to the ER. He is
currently reading a book, and Mandy is trying to get him to help her
with some project.

I'm over the worst of the flu, but seem to have developed an infection
either in my kidneys or in my lungs. I was informed the last time I got
a kidney infection that they are right up under the ribs (I thought they
were at waist level) and that I really need to take better care of
myself.

Later on Rob is going to the store while taking Mandy and the Graves'
presents over to their house (they're leaving tomorrow for a funeral in
West Virginia, Granny Shoop died at age 100. The whole family is
devastated.) and getting me diet Sierra Mist and Cranberry juice. I'll
be able to make my own version of the Qwilleran Cocktail. Since I don't
have access to Squnk water (I'm sure I spelled a lot wrong in here) I'll
use diet Sierra mist, instead. He's also supposed to pick me up some
Jell-O and soups. I'm going heavily into comfort food today. We'll see
what they do about tomorrow.

Pam S.
Old December 24th 03, 08:44 PM
polonca12000

Continued extra-strong purrs and best wishes for you to feel much better
really soon, Pam. Please take good care of yourself.
Hugs,
--
Polonca & Soncek

snip I'm over the worst of the flu, but seem to have developed an

Old December 25th 03, 08:26 AM
jmcquown

Tanada wrote:
Yup, I got the flu. Temps have been running over 101F, Rob turned off
the ceiling fan because I thought Smokey the bear was hanging from it
by his hat and wanted him down from there and out of the house, and
I'm hot/cold/hot/cold and so forth.

(snip)
Pam S.

That flu is horrible! Best wishes for feeling better soon, Pam. And don't
worry about Christmas dinner. What you need right now is a cup of egg drop
soup with a dash or two of cayenne pepper and plenty of warm cats purring
around you (after they've been fed, of course!)

Merry Christmas... ?

Jill & Persia

Old December 25th 03, 11:23 AM
JP Hobbs

Hi Pam, hope your flu is getting better what a time to get
it you poor thing, I laughed at Merlin sleeping in your
legs, my best mate Henri RB, always slept there and
he weighed 9.3 kilo's, thats 19 1b 2oz,I dont wonder
I finished up with two steel knee's and now Wilson is at it
but fortunately, he is not as big although the way he's going
he wont be too long Purrs that you'r soon well again
Jean P.