PLEASE READ - Conan's Adoption

Old June 27th 05, 03:18 AM
Candace

PawsForThought wrote:

Oh jeez This does NOT sound like a good home for Conan - at all.

It's very troubling, although in the other thread that BBB keeps
changing the title of, where Charlie gives his "self-disclosure"
statement, he sounds very rational and conscientious. Maybe I'm
gullible. I don't know.

Utlimately, it's going to be up to Dan, Rhonda, and Tracey what
happens. I worry about Conan running out of time where he is. There
are no-kill shelters in OC that Tracy posted the other day. I said I
would call a couple if someone else wanted to call a couple, too, but
no one seemed interested, and then the whole Charlie thing developed
anyway making it a moot point. Tomorrow I'll be at work and I don't
know if I can make any long distance calls from there very easily.

If it was the pot alone, I wouldn't be very concerned. My neighbor
smokes incessantly and she's a very conscentious pet owner. But, yes,
the animal related things were troubling and we don't know if they were
said in a joking matter or if they are true. I assume the rooster
story is true, for sure.

I guess Charlie is in the same situation a politician is, once you
declare, your life is put out there for all to judge.

Personally, I have very mixed feelings but I'm not a key player here.

Candace

Old June 27th 05, 03:29 AM
Philip

Well Kelly, I have to hand it to you. Hey ... would you do a Google on me
and post the WORST thing you turn up? Just one or two would suffice! :8^)

KellyH wrote:
Hi there. I am posting this at the risk of being flamed for being a
Googler and a troublemaker. I don't care. I want Conan to go to a good
home,
and I think that's what everyone else wants too.
I took it for granted that someone on here had actually had a
conversation with Charlie Wilkes and done some screening.

Some troubling posts have jumped out at me, and I thought I should
bring them to everyone's attention. The rooster thread is particularly
disturbing, as well as some of the comments made about cats. Doesn't
strike me as a cat lover. There are some posts about growing pot, and
while
my own personal beliefs are that pot should be legalized (no, I don't
smoke
it or do any drugs) this is not a suitable environment for a cat. He
could
be arrested and the animals taken away. I would not adopt a cat to
someone I knew was engaging in illegal activity.
There's also reference to a cat back in 2001 but no reference to it
since.
So, here are the links:
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...9ddabe2d?hl=en

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...&rnum=37&hl=en

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...75a2ca00?hl=en

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...e25baee7?hl=en

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...e+wilkes&hl=en

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...s&rnum=8&hl=en

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...54ddf3529145e9

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...f9ac9c51d80169

Old June 27th 05, 03:31 AM
Mary

"Candace" wrote in message
oups.com...
PawsForThought wrote:

Oh jeez This does NOT sound like a good home for Conan - at all.

It's very troubling, although in the other thread that BBB keeps
changing the title of, where Charlie gives his "self-disclosure"
statement, he sounds very rational and conscientious. Maybe I'm
gullible. I don't know.

Utlimately, it's going to be up to Dan, Rhonda, and Tracey what
happens. I worry about Conan running out of time where he is. There
are no-kill shelters in OC that Tracy posted the other day. I said I
would call a couple if someone else wanted to call a couple, too, but
no one seemed interested, and then the whole Charlie thing developed
anyway making it a moot point.

Dan has already offered to try to get Conan into a no-kill if we need to.
The point is that he be taken to another home, not another
goddamned shelter. I will see to it, with Dan and Rhonda's help, that this
happens one way or another.

Old June 27th 05, 03:59 AM
PawsForThought

Candace wrote:
PawsForThought wrote:

Oh jeez This does NOT sound like a good home for Conan - at all.

It's very troubling, although in the other thread that BBB keeps
changing the title of, where Charlie gives his "self-disclosure"
statement, he sounds very rational and conscientious. Maybe I'm
gullible. I don't know.

I don't think you're gullible, Candace. It can be very hard to know
someone from their posts. I read through the threads that Kelly posted
about Charlie, and I don't know what to think.

If it was the pot alone, I wouldn't be very concerned. My neighbor

smokes incessantly and she's a very conscentious pet owner. But, yes,
the animal related things were troubling and we don't know if they were
said in a joking matter or if they are true. I assume the rooster
story is true, for sure.

I don't have a problem with the pot thing either, but just hope Charlie
never gets busted for it or his pets could be without a home. Doesn't
sound like he's a dealer or anything though and he does live in a rural
area. I read through the rooster story and there sure are a lot of
differing opinions. I can understand Charlie wanting to put the
rooster out of pain, but wished he would have used anesthesia of some
sort.

I guess Charlie is in the same situation a politician is, once you
declare, your life is put out there for all to judge.

For politicians, sometimes your life is out there without even
declaring, lol.

Personally, I have very mixed feelings but I'm not a key player here.

Candace

I know how you feel

Lauren

Old June 27th 05, 04:08 AM
biggerbadderbarry

Alison wrote:

Weed Monkey Stuff

Usually you and Mary are into it over something. Once in a while I see
you kiss her ass, just to have a friend.

Can't you find something better to do, I bet your pussy needs washed!
ol thang laying around stank'n up the house.

Old June 27th 05, 04:10 AM
biggerbadderbarry

KellyH wrote:
Hi there. I am posting this at the risk of being flamed for being a Googler
and a troublemaker. I don't care. I want Conan to go to a good home, and I
think that's what everyone else wants too.
I took it for granted that someone on here had actually had a conversation
with Charlie Wilkes and done some screening.

This is real typcial trailer park behavior!

Old June 27th 05, 04:27 AM
Candace

Mary wrote:

Dan has already offered to try to get Conan into a no-kill if we need to.
The point is that he be taken to another home, not another
goddamned shelter. I will see to it, with Dan and Rhonda's help, that this
happens one way or another.

Yes, I understand, I just worry about the *particular* shelter he is in
but I'm sure Dan can spring him if need be. I just thought, from the
other thread that you started, "Adopt this Great Cat," that maybe you
were backing out of the Charlie thing, too.

I'm ambivalent and confused about Charlie, at this point, but, like I
said, I am not one of the players here other than offering to donate a
little cash. Dan and Rhonda are the ones who will have Conan in their
possession prior to delivering him to his new home. Ultimately, it
will be in their hands. It's just unfortunate that there are these
uncertainties now so close to the goal being reached. I'm sure Rhonda
needs to know how to proceed with the tickets and taking a day off,
etc.

Candace

Old June 27th 05, 04:36 AM
Philip

Candace wrote:
Mary wrote:

Dan has already offered to try to get Conan into a no-kill if we need
to. The point is that he be taken to another home, not another
goddamned shelter. I will see to it, with Dan and Rhonda's help, that
this happens one way or another.

Yes, I understand, I just worry about the *particular* shelter he is in
but I'm sure Dan can spring him if need be. I just thought, from the
other thread that you started, "Adopt this Great Cat," that maybe you
were backing out of the Charlie thing, too.

Mary is getting some OTJ training in marketing a pet.

I'm ambivalent and confused about Charlie, at this point, but, like I
said, I am not one of the players here other than offering to donate a
little cash. Dan and Rhonda are the ones who will have Conan in their
possession prior to delivering him to his new home. Ultimately, it
will be in their hands. It's just unfortunate that there are these
uncertainties now so close to the goal being reached. I'm sure Rhonda
needs to know how to proceed with the tickets and taking a day off,
etc.

Candace

This rescue effort has reached a point where only the paying / subsidizing
parties have any business posting their concerns and/or influencing the
choices.

Candace .... you have not bought a ticket in to the Rescue Club.

Old June 27th 05, 04:42 AM
Candace

Philip wrote:

Candace .... you have not bought a ticket in to the Rescue Club.

Really. I was one of the first to say I'd donate and I continue to say
that. As far as I know, only one person, Mary, has put her money where
her mouth is so far. The rest of us have to wait to find out Tracy's
PayPal acct.

Candace

Old June 27th 05, 04:42 AM

"PawsForThought" wrote:

but just hope Charlie
never gets busted for it or his pets could be without a home.

Anyone else see anything ironic about this statement? Wouldn't a
little discretion improve his odds?

-mhd