stupid, stupid neighbor

Old August 27th 04, 04:39 PM
KellyH

"Phil P." wrote in message

I blame the owner more than your neighbor for not telling him not to let

the
cat out.

People give babysitters mile-long lists of things to do and things not to

do
yet some owners don't think to tell a catsitter the two most important
things: make sure the cat doesn't get out and not to feed the cat anything
but her cat food. The stupidity boggles the mind.

Haha.. you should see the lists I leave for my catsitter. It was at least 6
pages last time, with pictures!

I used to love meeting people who have cats, but then after talking with
them for five minutes, I tremble in fear from their stupidity and/or
ignorance or worse, indifference.
People will read an instruction manual for a household appliance or

computer
game but not a simple basic cat care guide.

I totally KWYM! Sometimes after talking to people, I want to follow it up
with "where do you live?" so I can go take their cats away.

I would love to make a 3-hour class followed by a short test a requirement
for adoption... and ideally, an IQ test because some people are just too
stupid to be entrusted with a cat's life. But that will never happen

until
the demand exceeds the supply.

Phil

Again, ITA. I feel the shelter I volunteer for is too lax, and it's
starting to really bother me. Case in point, we have a guy who adopted a
kitten from us. The kitten came down with a URI two days later. He takes
her to the vet, vet charges $87 (for what, I don't know, he's bringing us a
receipt, plus he had a certificate for a first free vet exam). He is all
kinds of ****ed off that we adopted out a "sick" kitten, we knew she was
sick (she seemed fine at the time), we should reimburse him for the vet
visit. Oh, he also says he can't pay his rent now because of this. I say,
bring the kitten back and we'll give you your money back for the adoption
fee and the vet visit, just go away and don't adopt another kitten. I have
never had someone react with such anger about a kitten becoming ill. The
person in charge has said to let him keep the kitten, but reimburse for the
vet visit. I fear for how he may react at the next illness. Sorry to go
on, but this situation is really eating me up.

--
-Kelly
kelly at farringtons dot net

Old August 27th 04, 05:57 PM
Sherry

Ditto. There is no way that a day goes by when someone (or many)

refrain
from
stupidity.

I *so* do not understand this sentence.

LMAO, me either!

Lauren
________

It isn't the best-constructed sentence but I understand it just fine.
Selective comprehension might be the problem.

No, seriously. I'm assuming the OP was replying to Lyn's post (but who knows,
since there was no attribute). Because the people who "refrain from
stupidity" aren't the problem.

Sherry