Losing Everything/Cats May Need New Home

Old January 25th 04, 01:16 AM
Az

Default Losing Everything/Cats May Need New Home

My husband and I have been unable to find work, and we're to the point
financially that we're looking at losing the house. We have three kitties
that we're very concerned about. If the worst happens, they will need to
find a new home, and I really don't want to have them put in a shelter. It's
hard enbough thinking about losing them, but if I have to, I'd much rather
they go to a good home.

I live in Crewe, VA. Does anyone know someone looking to give kitties a good
home should they have to leave this one? =`(

Old January 25th 04, 01:49 AM
Tanada

Az wrote:

My husband and I have been unable to find work, and we're to the point
financially that we're looking at losing the house. We have three kitties
that we're very concerned about. If the worst happens, they will need to
find a new home, and I really don't want to have them put in a shelter. It's
hard enbough thinking about losing them, but if I have to, I'd much rather
they go to a good home.

I live in Crewe, VA. Does anyone know someone looking to give kitties a good
home should they have to leave this one? =`(

Sorry, can't help you on taking in the cats, but I can offer you purrs
and work wishes, thoughts, and meditations. I understand your concern,
it would be ours too. Any luck with working out something with the
various help places? I.E. Salvation Army, human and animal shelters, or
other church groups? Most don't care what religion you are, and would
rather keep your cats with you than have to add them to the vast numbers
that need new families.

Also, talk to your mortgage company. They really do hate to repo a
house, and may be able to work something out with you. This is really
hard, I know, please keep us informed and we hope that you can keep your
family together, and get work soon. What kind of work do you and your
husband do?

Pam, Rob, and the NC nine
Old January 25th 04, 02:53 AM
Steve Touchstone

On Sun, 25 Jan 2004 01:16:48 GMT, "Az" wrote:

My husband and I have been unable to find work, and we're to the point
financially that we're looking at losing the house. We have three kitties
that we're very concerned about. If the worst happens, they will need to
find a new home, and I really don't want to have them put in a shelter. It's
hard enbough thinking about losing them, but if I have to, I'd much rather
they go to a good home.

I live in Crewe, VA. Does anyone know someone looking to give kitties a good
home should they have to leave this one? =`(

Can't do much but send prayers and the purrs of the cats here that
you'll find something and be able to keep the family together.
--
Steve Touchstone,

[remove Junk for email]
Home Page:
Old January 25th 04, 03:05 AM
lrulan

Purrs and prayers from us that you won't have to give up either your home
or the kitties. Hang in there.
Jazz & his mama
--

Irulan
from now until the end of time

link.net...

Old January 25th 04, 03:18 AM
Victor Martinez

Az wrote:
I live in Crewe, VA. Does anyone know someone looking to give kitties a good
home should they have to leave this one? =`(

Sorry, I can't help with the kitties. Perhaps if you contact your local
Humane Society they might be able to arrange a foster home for your
kitties while you straighten out your finances?

--
Victor Martinez
Send your spam he

Old January 25th 04, 10:16 AM
jmcquown

Az wrote:
My husband and I have been unable to find work, and we're to the point
financially that we're looking at losing the house. We have three
kitties that we're very concerned about. If the worst happens, they
will need to find a new home, and I really don't want to have them
put in a shelter. It's hard enbough thinking about losing them, but
if I have to, I'd much rather they go to a good home.

I live in Crewe, VA. Does anyone know someone looking to give kitties
a good home should they have to leave this one? =`(

That's terrible news and please believe me when I say you have my purrs. I
cannot help with the cats, but I do have a suggestion. Get in touch with
their vet and see if they know of anyone who is willing to foster them.
There are also many pet rescue orgs which could possibly help.

Here in Memphis we have The House of Mews, which takes in cats. If the cats
are not adopted, they live out their lives in this old refurbished midtown
store front with lots of friends, toys, etc. They aren't caged; they are
free to roam around the place. It is staffed by volunteers (including vets
who donate services and time) and paid for by donations; it's totally cool.
I can't walk by the large plate glass window without seeing at least a
handful of cats lounging around on the cat trees, playing with toys, napping
in the sun. Perhaps there is such a place near where you live, should the
worst happen.

Good luck,
Jill

Old January 25th 04, 10:52 AM
polonca12000

Lots and lots of extra-strong purrs and best wishes for both your husband
and you to find great jobs so you can keep your kitties,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"Az" wrote in message
link.net...

My husband and I have been unable to find work, and we're to the point
financially that we're looking at losing the house. We have three kitties
that we're very concerned about. snip

Old January 25th 04, 03:40 PM
Sherry

Here in Memphis we have The House of Mews, which takes in cats. If the cats
are not adopted, they live out their lives in this old refurbished midtown
store front with lots of friends, toys, etc. They aren't caged; they are
free to roam around the place. It is staffed by volunteers (including vets
who donate services and time) and paid for by donations; it's totally cool.
I can't walk by the large plate glass window without seeing at least a
handful of cats lounging around on the cat trees, playing with toys, napping
in the sun. Perhaps there is such a place near where you live, should the
worst happen.

Good luck,
Jill

Sounds really good. But how in the world do they do that? If they don't turn
any animals away, and let the current ones live their lives out, how do they
have room?

Sherry
Old January 25th 04, 03:54 PM
jmcquown

Sherry wrote:
[...]

I never said they didn't turn any animals away. They have to limit to the
number they take in; IIRC it's about 75 adult cats and they have separate
areas for about 20 kittens which aren't allowed to run around.

The adoption rate is very, very high. They go so far as to tell you whether
the cat(s) would be best in pairs, single cat home, get along with dogs,
etc. And, like adopting a child, you go through a waiting period and they
will visit your home to make sure the place is suitable for a cat!

I nearly gave Persia up to this place when she found me in January, 2001,
because I'd never had a cat before. She quickly changed my mind, thank
goodness.

Here's a link to their web site.

http://www.houseofmews.com/

Jill

Old January 25th 04, 07:16 PM
Steve Touchstone

On Sun, 25 Jan 2004 04:16:01 -0600, "jmcquown"
wrote:

Here in Memphis we have The House of Mews, which takes in cats. If the cats
are not adopted, they live out their lives in this old refurbished midtown
store front with lots of friends, toys, etc. They aren't caged; they are
free to roam around the place. It is staffed by volunteers (including vets
who donate services and time) and paid for by donations; it's totally cool.
I can't walk by the large plate glass window without seeing at least a
handful of cats lounging around on the cat trees, playing with toys, napping
in the sun. Perhaps there is such a place near where you live, should the
worst happen.

What a great organization. Wish there were more like it.
--
Steve Touchstone,

[remove Junk for email]
Home Page: