How declawing saved my cat's life and gave him 6 more years (and counting)

Old November 25th 03, 10:00 PM
He Who Walks

Default How declawing saved my cat's life and gave him 6 more years (and counting)

The cat was mom's and she died after a long illness. The cat had
clawed up a lot of furniture in the house and no one else wanted the
cat. The cat also had a skin condition which now necessitates a
depomedrol shot each month.

I took the cat on condition that it would be declawed so it wouldn't
tear my stuff up. The others involved didn't really want that to
happen but didn't want the alternative (euthanasia).

"Kitty kat" is very happy to still be alive and is actually doing
better now than when I got him six and a half years ago.

So, for all you anti-declawers I would tell you to go get a life.

Cropwalk2004
Old November 25th 03, 10:37 PM
Wendy

The only problem with your argument is that, as I read it, the cat was
declawed before you took it (yes?) and therefore you spent no time even
trying to change the behavior. It might have served the cat better if you
had come to this group years ago to try to find strategies to discourage the
behavior. I never realized how many methods there are available to
discourage inappropriate clawing till I started reading this NG.

I'm glad you kitty is still alive and hasn't suffered (apparently) any of
the negatives that are possible when this procedure is done.

Wendy

om...

Old November 25th 03, 11:23 PM
Mary

"He Who Walks" wrote in message
om...
The cat was mom's and she died after a long illness. The cat had
clawed up a lot of furniture in the house and no one else wanted the
cat. The cat also had a skin condition which now necessitates a
depomedrol shot each month.

I took the cat on condition that it would be declawed so it wouldn't
tear my stuff up. The others involved didn't really want that to
happen but didn't want the alternative (euthanasia).

"Kitty kat" is very happy to still be alive and is actually doing
better now than when I got him six and a half years ago.

A better man would have taken the cat and trained him/her, and
therefore would not have had to mutilate her. I guess if that was the
best you can do, then, well, there you have it.

So, for all you anti-declawers I would tell you to go get a life.

Did you make that up yourself, you dimwitted scumbag whose life
revolves around furniture?

Old November 26th 03, 12:38 AM
Cheryl

In om,
He Who Walks with Knuckles Dragging
composed with style:

Crapwalk2004

^^^^ was 2003 taken?

Ho hum. Another troublemaker. :::YAWN::

Old November 26th 03, 12:38 AM
Cheryl

Old November 26th 03, 12:46 AM
Iso

Everyone,

Just be happy that the cat isn't in a shelter waiting to find a home, or on
the street. Be happy the cat has a home. It's one less cat everyone has to
worry about being hit by a car, or even euthanized. Deal with it.

Old November 26th 03, 01:05 AM
Cheryl

In ,
Iso composed with style:

Just be happy that the cat isn't in a shelter waiting to find a
home, or on the street. Be happy the cat has a home. It's one less
cat everyone has to worry about being hit by a car, or even
euthanized. Deal with it.

Never. It is attitudes like yours that will make it harder to have
the mutilating procedure banned. Read some of the archives.
Diversion and training work.