Lindy update

Old July 8th 05, 08:36 PM
Yoj

Default Lindy update

I didn't need to worry about Lindy being upset about not getting her treats
last night. She didn't even notice when I went out in the kitchen. The
last half hour or so that I was on the computer, I could hear a lot of
commontion and banging around. Nanki-Poo gets pretty noisy when he plays,
so I didn't pay any attention.

When I went into my bedroom, I saw both cats crouched in front of the
clothes hamper in the bedroom. There was a rat behind it. I went out and
got my critter box, and then came in and moved the clothes hamper. The rat
immediately dashed into my office.

To make a long story short, it's still in here. Right now, Nanki-Poo is
lying under the computer desk. It must be behind the part where the drawers
are. I had gotten both cats out and shut the door when I saw I wasn't going
to catch it last night, because I didn't want it to have free rein of the
house.

I didn't get much sleep, because the cats were very restless, to say the
least. This morning when I got up, there was a dead rat in the hall. That
means there were (at least) two of them. I hope there aren't more than
that.

I had to get up earlier than usual this morning to take Lindy to the vet,
where I signed the estimate for $450. Then I came home, shut the bedroom
and bathroom doors, and opened the office door. Nanki-Poo has been in here
ever since. I ate breakfast and fell asleep. Just after I woke up, the vet
called and said she needs to do "some extractions". She said we'll discuss
the cost when I come to pick Lindy up, as they weren't included in the
estimate.

Now I'm in my office with Nanki-Poo and a rat.

--
Joy

**Don't believe everything you think**

Old July 9th 05, 03:39 AM
badwilson

Yoj wrote:
[...]

Oh jeez, that sucks :-( I get rats under the kitchen sink, but they
are contained to only that one cabinet. I don't think I could be in
the house if I knew they were running around loose. Shudder. I hope
Nanki-Poo does his catly duty and dispatches the rat soonest.
Purrs for Lindy's extractions and your wallet too.
--
Britta
"There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast." -- Unknown

Old July 9th 05, 09:19 AM
Yoj

"badwilson" wrote in message
Yoj wrote:
[...]

Thank you, Britta. I'm sure he will if the cowardly rat will just come out
where Nanki can catch him. So far it seems to be staying behind a heavy
piece of furniture that can't be moved. Lindy took a turn and let Nanki-Poo
have a nap this evening. He just woke up.

Joy

OneTrueHome update Harri Cat community 8 November 27th 04 01:03 AM
Lindy gets vocal Yoj Cat anecdotes 6 October 5th 04 01:13 AM
Nice Update on B5's creator, J.Michael Straczynski & Buddy the cat Christine Burel Cat anecdotes 8 January 19th 04 11:01 AM
Natasha Update Jeanne Hedge Cat anecdotes 14 August 22nd 03 06:30 PM