Soft cushion or a scratchy one?

Old August 23rd 05, 08:50 AM
Kiran

Default Soft cushion or a scratchy one?

Should I get a soft rug/cushion for a cat to sit/rest on or a brittle
scratchy one?
Old August 23rd 05, 10:25 AM
carola

"Kiran" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
: Should I get a soft rug/cushion for a cat to sit/rest on or a brittle
: scratchy one?

Yes, of course, what a question! LOL

Old August 23rd 05, 10:35 PM
John Doe

Kiran wrote:

Should I get a soft rug/cushion for a cat to sit/rest on or a
brittle scratchy one?

I like using something that traps debris. I picked up an
inexpensive white bath towel at the local megastore which does
very well. Occasionally I shake/beat it out/outside. A firm
surface which attracts debris as well but could be vacuumed might
be even better. Ideas invited.

Good luck.
Old August 24th 05, 01:15 AM
mlbriggs

On Tue, 23 Aug 2005 07:50:53 +0000, Kiran wrote:

Should I get a soft rug/cushion for a cat to sit/rest on or a brittle
scratchy one?

A variety would work best. They like to change where they rest. MLB
Old August 24th 05, 01:20 AM
Beth

"Diane" wrote in message
In article , Kiran
wrote:

Should I get a soft rug/cushion for a cat to sit/rest on or a brittle
scratchy one?

Get an uneven pile of books. Works every time.

Or an overstuffed people chair. My cat thinks it's her throne. She
wouldn't touch the little pet bed I got her. They claim what they want I
gave up on furniture. She uses mine

Old August 24th 05, 04:56 AM
Dr.Carla,DVM

My cats prefer my lap or whatever I'm trying to read at the moment.

Old August 24th 05, 12:33 PM
Karin Gillette

Let's see, Sissy likes my lap when I sit down to read, she likes my pillow
when I am trying to go to sleep and usually in the morning she is in the
computer room chair. Oh and the suitcase in the closet which is blue except
for the side she lays on which is mainly white hair now.

Neko like the hard window, the dining room chair and the floor.

They will let you know where they prefer!

Cat's Rule!

newsdSOe.276401$_o.115200@attbi_s71...

Old August 25th 05, 11:46 AM
Spider

Kiran wrote in message
Should I get a soft rug/cushion for a cat to sit/rest on or a brittle
scratchy one?

Hi Kiran,

I find they like both, so I have soft snoozing pads plus a cheap coir mat
for occasional dozing, but especially for scratching. In order to save my
good carpets, the first thing I did was introduce the coir mat. When
Moggychops stropped at my carpet, I picked her up and put her on the coir
mat until she was trained to scratch at the coir only. Result: happy cat,
happy person.

Spider

Old August 29th 05, 04:14 PM
5cats

Spider wrote:

Kiran wrote in message
Should I get a soft rug/cushion for a cat to sit/rest on or a brittle
scratchy one?

Hi Kiran,

I find they like both, so I have soft snoozing pads plus a cheap coir
mat for occasional dozing, but especially for scratching. In order to
save my good carpets, the first thing I did was introduce the coir
mat. When Moggychops stropped at my carpet, I picked her up and put
her on the coir mat until she was trained to scratch at the coir only.
Result: happy cat, happy person.

Spider

What's a Coir mat? Is it that stiff natural bristle door mat stuff?

And my answer to the original question is "Purr Pads". They are a big hit
around here. Of course the cats still sleep wherever they want, generally
soft spots when it's cold and hard smooth surfaces when it's hot.
Old August 30th 05, 11:42 AM
Spider

5cats wrote in message
.. .
Spider wrote:

Kiran wrote in message
Should I get a soft rug/cushion for a cat to sit/rest on or a brittle
scratchy one?

Hi Kiran,

I find they like both, so I have soft snoozing pads plus a cheap coir
mat for occasional dozing, but especially for scratching. In order to
save my good carpets, the first thing I did was introduce the coir
mat. When Moggychops stropped at my carpet, I picked her up and put
her on the coir mat until she was trained to scratch at the coir only.
Result: happy cat, happy person.

Spider

What's a Coir mat? Is it that stiff natural bristle door mat stuff?

* Yes, that's exactly what a coir mat is, although any rough bristly mat
that a cat might enjoy scratching will do.*

And my answer to the original question is "Purr Pads". They are a big hit
around here. Of course the cats still sleep wherever they want, generally
soft spots when it's cold and hard smooth surfaces when it's hot.

*I've not heard of or seen these, so I assume you're in the US. I'm in the
UK.
Fortunately my cats manage to purrrrrrr on their existing beds.

Spider*