Too cold

Old January 15th 04, 09:44 PM
Dan Mahoney

Ann wrote:
We have a wind chill warning here in Connectiuct too. I had a few places I
had to go today so I went out this morning before it got any colder. It was
10 degrees with little wind. I keep telling my cats they don't know how
lucky they are to have a warm house to live in.

It has cooled down here, too, over the lsat couple of days. Today, just
before 2:00 PM, the temperature is down to 76 degrees.

Nice, comfortable weather is kind of nice, but after a while you *can*
get tired of it.

Old January 15th 04, 10:10 PM
Dan Mahoney

Ann wrote:
Where do you live? I could go 76 degrees about now. Can you send me some
warm weather?

Ann

I'd be delighted to! I'd love come cooler weather about now.

We're in southern California, about 40 or 50 miles east of LA.

Old January 15th 04, 10:33 PM
Tanada

Stacey wrote:

How's the weather where you are?

High in the low 50s, expected lows tonight in the 20 F range, and highs
tomorrow in the 30s, if I understood the weather report correctly.
We're supposed to get another cold wave through here starting tomorrow.

Pam S.
Old January 15th 04, 11:42 PM
Brenda

"Stacey" wrote in message
Hi all. It's too cold here! Right now it's -1F with expected high of 4F
changing to -5 by early evening. Not to mention the flurries and lake

effect
snow. SIGH. I was supposed to work today but called the boss and

requested
a jail break, which he summarily approved!

Now onto topic.

With the onslaught of cold weather the furry blankets are brought out,

much
to the cats' delight. I can't sit in my chair without Patrick and Nancy on
my lap with Moogie at my feet on the end of the recliner. Mr. Bob even

came
over and slept on top of my chair, trying to decide if he was cold enough

snuggle with the other cats.

Moose usually accompanies me outside to have a cigarette (must protect me
from terrorist squirrels and the like) but last night she decided it was

too
cold and refused to protect me on my nicotine break. She's become a
subterranean Moose of late, crawling under the blankets to sleep with us!
She thinks she's a cat.

How's the weather where you are?

Stacey

we've been pretty lucky so far - only a few days in the teens with single
digit nights. This week it's actually been hovering around freezing - but I
can't believe we'll escape the bitter cold stuff - this IS Chicago, after
all.
Brenda

Old January 15th 04, 11:54 PM
Hopitus2

While enjoying the Evil 3 as furry meatloaves warming the bed, I think often
of the furry meatloaves of the north, homeless and needing to find a warm
place to survive the night outdoors. As Sherry says, may Bast take pity on
her own and show them shelter in this cold spell going on in northern USA.

"Tanada" wrote in message
:

Old January 16th 04, 12:07 AM
Victor Martinez

Stacey wrote:
How's the weather where you are?

It's been rainy all day, temps in the 60s though.

--
Victor Martinez
Send your spam he

Old January 16th 04, 12:41 AM
Kim Walters

7:30 PM (EST), it is -7 F

They are saying it is the coldest it has been in 50 years, and we may set an
all time record low (old record -47 F ) on top of Mount Washington (NH-USA).
It was over -100 with wind chill yesterday on Mt. Washington. It actually
felt warm at 2 F getting the newspaper this morning.

--
-Kim

owned by Egbert, Niobe, Sekhar and Rocket
take the cat out before you reply
one cat just leads to another...

http://photos.yahoo.com/sir_eg_of_bert

Old January 16th 04, 02:02 AM
Helen Wheels

Stacey wrote:
Hi all. It's too cold here! Right now it's -1F with expected high of 4F
changing to -5 by early evening. Not to mention the flurries and lake effect
snow. SIGH. I was supposed to work today but called the boss and requested
a jail break, which he summarily approved!

snip

How's the weather where you are?

Stacey

Here in Purrth (Western Australia) we're expecting 32C today (I
think that's about 90 in the old F units) which is a nice break
from the 38-40C (99-104F) we've had so far this week.
You can always find the coolest spot in the house though - it'll
be the one with a bunch of cats melted to the floor.
Helen Wheels

Old January 16th 04, 02:44 AM
Stacey

"Sherry " wrote in message

How's the weather where you are?

Stacey

I almost hate to tell you thiis, but it was 70 degrees yesterday.
I can't remember where you live? But I have a penchant for worrying about

stuff
I have no control over, and have been thinking about the awful weather

(and
outdoor animals) in the NE.
Hope you enjoy the day off, stay warm and snuggly.

Sherry

I live in Rochester, NY. Grrr.. I'm coming to visit you

Stacey