Too cold

Old January 16th 04, 02:46 AM
Stacey

"Kim Walters" wrote in message
newsrGNb.76297$8H.114130@attbi_s03...
7:30 PM (EST), it is -7 F

They are saying it is the coldest it has been in 50 years, and we may set

an
all time record low (old record -47 F ) on top of Mount Washington

(NH-USA).
It was over -100 with wind chill yesterday on Mt. Washington. It actually
felt warm at 2 F getting the newspaper this morning.

--
-Kim

owned by Egbert, Niobe, Sekhar and Rocket
take the cat out before you reply
one cat just leads to another...

http://photos.yahoo.com/sir_eg_of_bert

Egbert is really handsome! What color are his eyes IRL? They come out gold
in the pictures, so cool!

Stacey

Old January 16th 04, 03:10 AM
Julie Cook

Hopitus2 wrote:

While enjoying the Evil 3 as furry meatloaves warming the bed, I think often
of the furry meatloaves of the north, homeless and needing to find a warm
place to survive the night outdoors. As Sherry says, may Bast take pity on
her own and show them shelter in this cold spell going on in northern USA.

I started feeding Lacey Bug a year ago today. I remember days, before she
allowed me to bring her inside, when she would come to the bowl to eat and her
entire body was shaking from the cold. While it isn't terribly cold here at the
moment I am so thankful that she is inside this year. Like you I worry about the
other homeless animals that don't have a warm bed at night or regular food to
keep them warm.

Julie

Old January 16th 04, 02:57 PM
Adrian

"Lisa Katt" wrote in message

Stacey skrev i meddelandet ...
snip
Moose usually accompanies me outside to have a cigarette (must protect me
from terrorist squirrels and the like) but last night she decided it was

too
cold and refused to protect me on my nicotine break. She's become a
subterranean Moose of late, crawling under the blankets to sleep with us!
She thinks she's a cat.

How's the weather where you are?

Stacey

When will it be too cold for *you* to go out for a nicotine break?
Elisabet

When hell freezes over? ;-)
--
Adrian
A house is not a home, without a cat.

Old January 16th 04, 11:03 PM
Kim Walters

"Stacey" wrote in message
. ..

Egbert is really handsome! What color are his eyes IRL? They come out gold
in the pictures, so cool!

Stacey

They are not gold like you see in Persians. But they are not quite yellow
either. I would call them a "light gold" (only 10 karat instead of 24) with
a hint of yellow/green.

Hard to believe he is over 14 years old.

Old January 17th 04, 01:01 AM
SUQKRT

In article , Mary Pelis
wrote:

Stacey wrote:

Hi all. It's too cold here! Right now it's -1F with expected high of

4F
changing to -5 by early evening. Not to mention the flurries and lake

effect
snow. SIGH. I was supposed to work today but called the boss and requested
a jail break, which he summarily approved!

Now onto topic.

With the onslaught of cold weather the furry blankets are brought out,

much
to the cats' delight. I can't sit in my chair without Patrick and Nancy

on
my lap with Moogie at my feet on the end of the recliner. Mr. Bob even

came
over and slept on top of my chair, trying to decide if he was cold enough

snuggle with the other cats.

Moose usually accompanies me outside to have a cigarette (must protect

me
from terrorist squirrels and the like) but last night she decided it

was too
cold and refused to protect me on my nicotine break. She's become a
subterranean Moose of late, crawling under the blankets to sleep with

us!
She thinks she's a cat.

How's the weather where you are?

Stacey

The National Weather Service has issued a wind chill warning for later
today,
tonight and tomorrow morning around these parts (Western Mass.). We will
be
feeling the wind to the tune of 40 below zero F!! I cannot imagine what
that
feels like, nor do I *want* to. All I can say is, if the SO doesn't want
drive me right to the door of my building tomorrow morning (6:00 AM), I'm
not
going to work. The four minute walk from where I park to where I work
will be
enough to freeze my frickin' lungs!

I want to be my cat - he's got heated beds in two rooms, full food & water,
and
a hoomin home to cuddle with him most of the day. It just ain't fair.

M.

Hi all I'm also in Mass. it was -7 this AM. All the schools are closed because
its too cold for children to wait for the Bus.
Suz
Macmoosette
Thank Heavens There's Only One

I've learned to not sweat the petty things, and not pet the sweaty things.

Old January 17th 04, 01:01 AM
SUQKRT

In article , "badwilson"
wrote:

It is now 10:30pm and the temperature is 26C. Same thing expected for

tomorrow, etc. Might go to the beach and play frisbee. Yup,
life's rough right now ;-)
--
Britta
Check out pictures of Vino at:

Could we start a collection to raise Air Fare for me to Florida.

Old January 17th 04, 01:01 AM
SUQKRT

Speaking of cold in New England:

NEW ENGLAND TEMPERATURE CONVERSION CHART

LOL..this is pretty funny.

NEW ENGLAND TEMPERATURE CONVERSION CHART

60° F: Southern Californians shiver uncontrollably. People in New England
sunbathe.

50° F: New Yorkers try to turn on the heat. People in New England plant
gardens.

40° F: Italian & English cars won't start. People in New England drive with the
windows down.

32° F: Distilled water freezes. Maine's Moosehead Lake's water gets thicker.

20° F: Floridians don coats, thermal underwear, gloves, wool hats. People in
New England throw on a flannel shirt.

15° F: New York landlords finally turn up the heat. People in New England have
the last cookout before it gets cold.

0° F: All the people in Miami die. New Englanders close the windows.

10° below zero: Californians fly away to Mexico. The Girl Scouts in New England
are selling cookies door to door.

25° below zero: Hollywood disintegrates. People in New England get out their
winter coats.

40° below zero: Washington, DC runs out of hot air. People in New England let
the dogs sleep indoors.

100° below zero: Santa Claus abandons the North Pole. New Englanders get
frustrated because they can't start their "kahs."

460° below zero: All atomic motion stops (absolute zero on the Kelvin scale).
People in New England start saying, "cold 'nuff for ya?"

500° below zero: Hell freezes over. The Red Sox win the World Series.

Old January 17th 04, 01:45 AM
Hans Schrøder

"SUQKRT" wrote in message

[...]

Norway is very much like New England, it seems, except Norwegians couldn't
care less about Red Sox.
Hell freezes over. Norway wins Soccer WC.

Hans
-11° C here now (Converted for ignorants: 12° F)

Old January 17th 04, 03:57 AM
Victor Martinez

Hans Schrøder wrote:
-11° C here now (Converted for ignorants: 12° F)

See? This is the kind of comment that makes you look like an asshole.

--
Victor Martinez
Send your spam he

Old January 17th 04, 04:10 AM
Hans Schrøder

"Victor Martinez" wrote in message
Hans Schrøder wrote:
-11° C here now (Converted for ignorants: 12° F)

See? This is the kind of comment that makes you look like an asshole.

All right, all right! It was meant as a joke, but on the other hand:
Comments like your's is what makes me have to do such things... grin

On cold days like this I can do anything to keep me warm, laughing is one of
them. You should try it some time, too...

--
Hans