Everyone can do this - WOLVES

Old February 3rd 06, 08:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Everyone can do this - WOLVES

This time it doesn't matter where you live (outside USA choose "non-USA"
from the drop-down list) if you care about wolves go to this page and sign
the petition demanding that Interior Secretary Gale
Norton enforce the Federal Airborne Hunting Act:

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/867854889

The goal is 50,000 signatures so please pass the word around.

Thanks, on behalf of Alaska's wolves.

Old February 3rd 06, 10:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Pat wrote:
This time it doesn't matter where you live (outside USA choose
"non-USA" from the drop-down list) if you care about wolves go to
this page and sign the petition demanding that Interior Secretary Gale
Norton enforce the Federal Airborne Hunting Act:

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/867854889

The goal is 50,000 signatures so please pass the word around.

Thanks, on behalf of Alaska's wolves.

The site appears to have changed, I few days ago I couldn't sign it either,
now I have.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
A House is not a home, without a cat.

Old February 4th 06, 12:52 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Pat wrote:

This time it doesn't matter where you live (outside USA choose "non-USA"
from the drop-down list) if you care about wolves go to this page and sign
the petition demanding that Interior Secretary Gale
Norton enforce the Federal Airborne Hunting Act:

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/867854889

The goal is 50,000 signatures so please pass the word around.

Thanks, on behalf of Alaska's wolves.

I've probably already signed it (they have my name already
filled in on the sign-up page), but better twice than not at
all!

Old February 4th 06, 07:03 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Pat wrote:
This time it doesn't matter where you live (outside USA choose "non-USA"
from the drop-down list) if you care about wolves go to this page and sign
the petition demanding that Interior Secretary Gale
Norton enforce the Federal Airborne Hunting Act:

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/867854889

The goal is 50,000 signatures so please pass the word around.

Thanks, on behalf of Alaska's wolves.

Idaho's as well. They are planning to take out something like 60% of
the existing population.

-L.

Old February 4th 06, 08:21 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Pat" wrote in message
.. .
This time it doesn't matter where you live (outside USA choose "non-USA"
from the drop-down list) if you care about wolves go to this page and sign
the petition demanding that Interior Secretary Gale
Norton enforce the Federal Airborne Hunting Act:

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/867854889

The goal is 50,000 signatures so please pass the word around.

Thanks, on behalf of Alaska's wolves.

Done, Pat.... Wolves are an indicator speicies.... they give us a clue as

to the realative health of an area's ecosystem.... You don't think they're
letting them get killed, cause they'd rather not know....? Things that make
me go, hmmmmmm.

--
Mathew
Butler to 2 kittens: Chablis & Muscat

Old February 4th 06, 02:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Mathew Kagis" wrote:

Done, Pat.... Wolves are an indicator speicies.... they give us a clue as

to the realative health of an area's ecosystem.... You don't think they're
letting them get killed, cause they'd rather not know....? Things that make
me go, hmmmmmm.

It's not just that wolves are an indicator species, they do some
of the work of keeping it healthy. I recently read an article
about the resurgence of aspen and willow in Yellowstone Park,
due to the control the re-introduced wolves exert on elk.
Having the proper predators at the top of a mature ecosystem is
essential.

--

Wayne M.
Old February 4th 06, 03:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

wrote:
Pat wrote:
This time it doesn't matter where you live (outside USA choose "non-USA"
from the drop-down list) if you care about wolves go to this page and sign
the petition demanding that Interior Secretary Gale
Norton enforce the Federal Airborne Hunting Act:

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/867854889

The goal is 50,000 signatures so please pass the word around.

Thanks, on behalf of Alaska's wolves.

Idaho's as well. They are planning to take out something like 60% of
the existing population.

-L.

Years ago, the government subsidized ranchers for any livestock lost,
and left the wolves alone. I don't know whether a similar program still
exists, but I daresay it should, as the government spends money on
stupider and less worthy programs.
And the *sport* of hunting from a helicopter is just too insane and
gross for words.

Sherry

Old February 4th 06, 03:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Wayne Mitchell wrote:
Having the proper predators at the top of a mature ecosystem is
essential.

--

Wayne M.

Well...I suppose we could legalize the hunting of wolves if the
population becomes out of control.
One on one. On their turf, ha. None of this helicopter stuff.

Sherry

Old February 4th 06, 10:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Pat wrote:

[...]

As though the gun didn't give the hunter unfair advantage
enough, without approaching from overhead, where no lupine
natural enemies lurk!

Sherry