which science diet formula?

Old September 9th 03, 12:56 PM
glenn

Default which science diet formula?

What's the difference between the science diet "feline adult" formula
and the "senior" formula? I'm talking about the dry food that comes
in the bag. I've continued to feed my 11 year old cat the "adult"
formula despite the label saying it's for cats under 7 years. A vet
some time ago told me it didn't matter, but that was a few years ago
and am wondering if I should change. Thanks.
Old September 11th 03, 02:51 AM
m. L. Briggs

On Tue, 09 Sep 2003 07:56:35 -0400, glenn wrote:

What's the difference between the science diet "feline adult" formula
and the "senior" formula? I'm talking about the dry food that comes
in the bag. I've continued to feed my 11 year old cat the "adult"
formula despite the label saying it's for cats under 7 years. A vet
some time ago told me it didn't matter, but that was a few years ago
and am wondering if I should change. Thanks.

The thinking is that "seniors" need less calories than an active young
adult -- just like people.

Old September 11th 03, 05:52 PM
Linda Terrell

On Tue, 9 Sep 2003 11:56:35 UTC, glenn wrote:

What's the difference between the science diet "feline adult" formula
and the "senior" formula? I'm talking about the dry food that comes
in the bag. I've continued to feed my 11 year old cat the "adult"
formula despite the label saying it's for cats under 7 years. A vet
some time ago told me it didn't matter, but that was a few years ago
and am wondering if I should change. Thanks.

Have you read the ingredients? There is usually less
fat in food for older cats.

LT

Old September 12th 03, 12:47 PM
Joe Pitt

I was told by a member of my rescue group that the senior is easier to chew
for one thing.

--
Joe
http://www.jwpitt.com/cats.htm

Old September 14th 03, 04:56 PM
Bev-Ann

The Hill's website will explain what the differences are in the different
formulas:

http://www.hillspet.com/index.jsp

on Tue, 09 Sep 2003 07:56:35 -0400, glenn wrote:

What's the difference between the science diet "feline adult" formula
and the "senior" formula? I'm talking about the dry food that comes
in the bag. I've continued to feed my 11 year old cat the "adult"
formula despite the label saying it's for cats under 7 years. A vet
some time ago told me it didn't matter, but that was a few years ago
and am wondering if I should change. Thanks.

-----
Bev
bev-ann"at"shaw"dot"ca