Back in Action......... somewhat

Old December 8th 06, 10:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
polonca12000

Default Back in Action......... somewhat

kilikini wrote:

Hi, folks!

Today is the first day that I feel good enough to sit at the computer and I
wanted to thank you for the incoming cards! It's been such a treat to read
them, since all I've been able to do is sit on my butt since the surgery
Nov. 21st. It's one of the few bright spots in my day.

On to the "kids"...........

Pua's the only one who seems to understand that I'm not the same. My MIL
bought me one of those motorized recliners (which has been a GODSEND) and
Pua has made it her spot to lay by my legs on the foot part of the chair and
ward off Chloe & Tyrone with some paw slaps. If Pua decides to get up to
lay in the sun or get a bit of fresh air from one of the open windows,
Tyrone immediately jumps up on my belly and starts kneading where the
incision is from my removed stomach muscles. I literally scream, swipe him
off and immediately feel badly for doing so. Tyrone just doesn't "get" it
and I know it's not his fault, although I've lifted up my shirt to show him
the incision and had him smell it. Chloe, on the other hand, circles the
chair, pitifully mewing, but I can't reach down to pet her because of the
chest surgery, and that breaks my heart, too. Chloe has never been the lap
cat, instead preferring to lay *just* out of reach and cry for extended
scritches - which makes it impossible for me to give her lovin's right now.

On a good note, my MIL has been coming over every morning to fill up water
dishes, food dishes and clean the boxes. She also does our dishes for me,
sweeps & mops the floors and cleans the bathroom. I'm lucky I get along so
well with my in-law; she's been such a HUGE help.

So, meanwhile, I'm giving out multiple purrs to all who need them, hugs to
everyone in the group, and well-wishes to all for a happy holiday season.

kili - Pua, Chloe & Tyrone
--
http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/kilikini

I'm so glad to hear you are recovering.
When Pua is was ill and undernourished you took her in. You worked so
hard to get her on the road to health and now she is the one taking care
of you. I hope that Chloe and Tyrone will understand what you can and
cannot do and what Tyrone cannot do because he is hurting you
inadvertently.
I'm also relieved to hear your MIL is coming to help you, that is wonderful.
We think of you often, kili, and we are always sending you lots of
healing purrs and best wishes,
Polonca and Soncek

Old December 8th 06, 10:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
polonca12000

Karen wrote:

You need one of those reacher things. I'm thinking of getting one. Have
to have a hysterectomy and don't know how soon I'll be able to bend.

https://www.hystersisters.com/xcart/...cat=249&page=1

We are purring and sending best wishes for everything to go really well,
Karen,
Polonca and Soncek

Old December 10th 06, 04:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Rhonda

Kili,

Glad you're feeling a bit better. You have been through so much!

I love that Miss Pua. She knows you saved her life and gave her food
when she was probably not far from starvation.

Hope you're feeling better every day,

Rhonda

kilikini wrote:
Hi, folks!

Today is the first day that I feel good enough to sit at the computer and I
wanted to thank you for the incoming cards! It's been such a treat to read
them, since all I've been able to do is sit on my butt since the surgery
Nov. 21st. It's one of the few bright spots in my day.

On to the "kids"...........

Pua's the only one who seems to understand that I'm not the same.

Harriet update, back in the hospital Elizabeth Blake Cat health & behaviour 45 September 27th 05 03:41 AM
Another forward Nanny Cat anecdotes 0 September 4th 05 08:31 PM
Decorating the Tree With Mommy CatNipped Cat anecdotes 53 January 17th 05 11:59 PM
Back in action Pat Cat anecdotes 9 October 24th 04 10:18 AM
Crazy kitties (long) Steve Touchstone Cat anecdotes 18 August 20th 04 04:20 AM