Spicey and the 2nd vet

Old March 4th 13, 08:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

Default Spicey and the 2nd vet

I took Spicey to another vet today to get a second opinion on the lump she
has on her upper tummy area. Spicey cried her sad and plaintive cry, as
she's always done in the car.

Since this vet was a bit further away then the usual one, and I hadn't been
there before, I decided to zoom in on the navigation screen as we
approached. Just as I pressed the voice command button, Spicey hollered a
particularly commanding cry.

"System is now showing all Seafood Restaurant icons" the car reported. OMG,
she did *not* just do that! Despite Spicey's sneaky plan, we made it to TED
without any tasty detours.

This vet did a needle aspiration on Spicey, and found that it was a fluid
mass consistent with a cyst, and not with a tumor. So that was a bit of
good news. He said that although the test seems to show a normal cyst, that
doesn't necessarily rule out the possibility that some cancerous tumor is
causing the cyst.

On the other hand, he said, if there was such a cancerous mass, it would
probably be fatal even if removed. Geez, so was this all supposed to be
good news, or bad news?!
Old March 4th 13, 09:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 3/4/2013 3:47 PM, Takayuki wrote:
I took Spicey to another vet today to get a second opinion on the lump she
has on her upper tummy area. Spicey cried her sad and plaintive cry, as
she's always done in the car.

Since this vet was a bit further away then the usual one, and I hadn't been
there before, I decided to zoom in on the navigation screen as we
approached. Just as I pressed the voice command button, Spicey hollered a
particularly commanding cry.

"System is now showing all Seafood Restaurant icons" the car reported. OMG,
she did *not* just do that! Despite Spicey's sneaky plan, we made it to TED
without any tasty detours.

That's hiliarious! Hey, rather than go to the vet why don't we get some
fish?

This vet did a needle aspiration on Spicey, and found that it was a fluid
mass consistent with a cyst, and not with a tumor. So that was a bit of
good news. He said that although the test seems to show a normal cyst, that
doesn't necessarily rule out the possibility that some cancerous tumor is
causing the cyst.

On the other hand, he said, if there was such a cancerous mass, it would
probably be fatal even if removed. Geez, so was this all supposed to be
good news, or bad news?!

Did this vet suggest anything further to make the determination one way
or the other? (I'm inclined to think it's just a cyst.)

Jill
Old March 4th 13, 11:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Takayuki" wrote in message
I took Spicey to another vet today to get a second opinion on the lump she
has on her upper tummy area. Spicey cried her sad and plaintive cry, as
she's always done in the car.

Since this vet was a bit further away then the usual one, and I hadn't
been
there before, I decided to zoom in on the navigation screen as we
approached. Just as I pressed the voice command button, Spicey hollered a
particularly commanding cry.

"System is now showing all Seafood Restaurant icons" the car reported.
OMG,
she did *not* just do that! Despite Spicey's sneaky plan, we made it to
TED
without any tasty detours.

LOL! She's no dummy.

This vet did a needle aspiration on Spicey, and found that it was a fluid
mass consistent with a cyst, and not with a tumor. So that was a bit of
good news. He said that although the test seems to show a normal cyst,
that
doesn't necessarily rule out the possibility that some cancerous tumor is
causing the cyst.

On the other hand, he said, if there was such a cancerous mass, it would
probably be fatal even if removed. Geez, so was this all supposed to be
good news, or bad news?!

I'd say it's good news. I used to go to a doctor like that. He would
always bring up the worst case scenario, even if it was just a remote
possibility. That sounds like what this doctor was doing. In any case,
what he said amounts to the fact that there is no reason to put either you
or Spicey through the trauma of the drastic surgery suggested by the first
vet.

We know, even if we don't want to admit it, that we won't have our furry
friends together. The trick is to take every necessary precaution to keep
them healthy, and then just enjoy them while we have them. As an Aussie
song I'm listening to says, "Don't let tomorrow's worries get you down ...
Don't get wet today in tomorrow's rain."

Joy

Old March 5th 13, 01:44 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

Takayuki wrote:

Since this vet was a bit further away then the usual one, and I hadn't been
there before, I decided to zoom in on the navigation screen as we
approached. Just as I pressed the voice command button, Spicey hollered a
particularly commanding cry.

"System is now showing all Seafood Restaurant icons" the car reported. OMG,
she did *not* just do that! Despite Spicey's sneaky plan, we made it to TED
without any tasty detours.

Wow, Kristi Chong just asked on Facebook whether we could tell her about
any special cat talents she can use for the book she's writing. I think this
qualifies! That's pretty funny.

This vet did a needle aspiration on Spicey, and found that it was a fluid
mass consistent with a cyst, and not with a tumor. So that was a bit of
good news. He said that although the test seems to show a normal cyst, that
doesn't necessarily rule out the possibility that some cancerous tumor is
causing the cyst.

On the other hand, he said, if there was such a cancerous mass, it would
probably be fatal even if removed. Geez, so was this all supposed to be
good news, or bad news?!

Can he get a biopsy on the fluid he just aspirated? That would probably
tell you what you need to know without doing anything invasive.

It doesn't sound fatal to me, but if it were, you'd want to do whatever
you could to keep her comfortable, right? And if it's just a harmless cyst,
that would give you some peace of mind.

--
Joyce

The sun rose slowly, like a fiery furball coughed up uneasily onto a
sky-blue carpet by a giant unseen cat. -- Michael McGarel
Old March 6th 13, 12:43 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

On Mon, 04 Mar 2013 21:13:11 +0000 (GMT), Judith Latham
wrote:
I say it's good news. The test showed showed a normal cyst. Doctors and
vets never say it's definitely not cancer, it's to cover themselves I
expect.

I think the seafood restaurant icons was a bit too much of a coincidence.
good try Spicey.

That was just unbelievable. I've accidentally made the system it turn up
the heat, or direct me to a post office. But a kitty meow bringing up
seafood restaurants is just too weird!
Old March 6th 13, 12:54 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

On Mon, 4 Mar 2013 15:39:20 -0800, "Joy" wrote:
I'd say it's good news. I used to go to a doctor like that. He would
always bring up the worst case scenario, even if it was just a remote
possibility. That sounds like what this doctor was doing. In any case,
what he said amounts to the fact that there is no reason to put either you
or Spicey through the trauma of the drastic surgery suggested by the first
vet.

We know, even if we don't want to admit it, that we won't have our furry
friends together. The trick is to take every necessary precaution to keep
them healthy, and then just enjoy them while we have them. As an Aussie
song I'm listening to says, "Don't let tomorrow's worries get you down ...
Don't get wet today in tomorrow's rain."

I could never really let a kitty go - it's just too hard. Even Betty is
still with me.

I've done some more reading on feline cysts and tumors, and I've decided
that I won't cut open Spicey just to address my own anxiety.
Old March 6th 13, 01:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Takayuki" wrote in message
[...]

I know what you mean. I'm glad you figured out what I meant, since I wrote
"together" when I meant to say "forever".

Joy

Old March 8th 13, 01:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 3/4/2013 8:44 PM, Bastette wrote:
Takayuki wrote:

Since this vet was a bit further away then the usual one, and I hadn't been
there before, I decided to zoom in on the navigation screen as we
approached. Just as I pressed the voice command button, Spicey hollered a
particularly commanding cry.

"System is now showing all Seafood Restaurant icons" the car reported. OMG,
she did*not* just do that! Despite Spicey's sneaky plan, we made it to TED
without any tasty detours.

Wow, Kristi Chong just asked on Facebook whether we could tell her about
any special cat talents she can use for the book she's writing. I think this
qualifies! That's pretty funny.

If he could just get Spicey to re-create this feat they could appear on
The Tonight Show! Or Letterman's "Stupid Pet Tricks", although there
wasn't anything stupid about this. Spicey is one smart cookie.

Jill

Spicey quo Takayuki Cat anecdotes 6 January 3rd 13 08:05 PM
Spicey???? pat Chlebowski Cat anecdotes 4 November 28th 12 08:37 PM
When I first met Spicey Takayuki Cat anecdotes 1 November 7th 12 11:37 PM
It's Spicey every day Takayuki Cat anecdotes 11 October 9th 12 08:48 PM
Where's Spicey? Joy Cat anecdotes 1 October 8th 12 11:23 PM