Spicey seeks attention

Old April 29th 13, 09:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

Default Spicey seeks attention

On Mon, 29 Apr 2013 19:34:55 +0100, "Christina Websell"
wrote:
Phew! At least you don't have to dangle from the stairs any more which
really worried me.
I admire you for taking her on.
Kitty Farmcat was a horrible grump and would slash me sometimes, but she
wasn't in Spicey's league.
What I liked about KFC is that she was brilliant with children. No million
claws appeared then, even when my baby nephew (just crawling at 9-10 months
old) grabbed her skin quite hard in his fist. I thought she would scratch
him but she didn't, she headbutted him and invited him to do it again.

Sometimes I think that they believe that barekittens are completely
different creatures from regular humans. I don't think I'd be testing out
Spicey on one anytime soom - she probably won't be as patient a babysitter
as KFC was.

Spicey came up to the vacuum cleaner and hissed at it when I brought it out
today. I've never seen that before.
Old April 30th 13, 01:11 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

Takayuki wrote:

On Sun, 28 Apr 2013 12:34:12 -0400, ann791 wrote:
Thanks for the update. It sounds like she is settling into your
family.Will she let you pet her yet?

Oh yes. She likes being patted on the flat part of her head.

She seems particularly tolerant of handling when I'm still in bed. I
imagined that it brings up memories of her meowmie for her.

And cats can just be like that. When I'm in bed, Licky will often slink
along my body and come right up to my face. If I start to pet him (and I
can't think of many reasons why I wouldn't!), he revs up the purr motor
very loudly and rubs noses with me. Then he stretches out and gets comfy
for a nice long cuddle session.

But he's very cautious around me in other situations, although he does
have a few other "safe zones" where I may pet him.

I think cats enjoy having us on the same level with them. When the human
is lying down, they can't tower frighteningly over the kitty.

--
Joyce

No one should try to hit another's bumper. But bumper bumpage is a part of
life. Yawn and get on with it. Here's the best way I can summarize it: I'd
rather have a beer with someone who doesn't care if his bumper gets a slight
dimple than with someone who cares deeply about this. -- Gene Weingarten
Old April 30th 13, 03:38 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl[_3_]

wrote:
[...]

Too funny! I don't use a vacuum cleaner as much as before since I
got all the hardwood floors put in so they get nervous when I do have to
use it. Everyone. I mostly use a swiffer sweeper and they just yawn at it.

--
CAPSLOCK–Preventing Login Since 1980.
Old April 30th 13, 03:40 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl[_3_]

On 4/29/2013 10:38 PM, Cheryl wrote:

Spicey came up to the vacuum cleaner and hissed at it when I
brought it out today. I've never seen that before.

Too funny! I don't use a vacuum cleaner as much as before since I
got all the hardwood floors put in so they get nervous when I do
have to use it. Everyone. I mostly use a swiffer sweeper and they
just yawn at it.

I meant the sweeper vac. The one that makes noise.

--
CAPSLOCK–Preventing Login Since 1980.
Old April 30th 13, 03:43 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl[_3_]

On 4/29/2013 8:11 PM, Bastette wrote:

And cats can just be like that. When I'm in bed, Licky will often slink
along my body and come right up to my face. If I start to pet him (and I
can't think of many reasons why I wouldn't!), he revs up the purr motor
very loudly and rubs noses with me. Then he stretches out and gets comfy
for a nice long cuddle session.

That's like Bonnie. She likes to come up to my face when I'm lying in
bed, but the problem there is that Shamrock gets so jealous of her that
immediately he chases her off of the bed. He's such a meany. I really
don't even like petting him that much because he always ends up biting
me. I don't know why he does this, and I tell him "no bite" which he
understands, and that immediately ends any petting he gets because he'll
slink off. I can pet Scarlett or Rhett but he just doesn't want me to
touch Bonnie at all. What is his deal?

Old April 30th 13, 05:09 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

On Mon, 29 Apr 2013 22:43:08 -0400, Cheryl wrote:
[...]

Sherry's Bosley reminds me a bit of Shamrock in some ways. He's also a
possessive boy who's easily overstimulated.

I love overstimulating Buster when he's on my lap. He gets so excited when
he sees me pull my sleeve over my hand, because that means he's allowed to
bite and bunny-kick.
Old April 30th 13, 05:14 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

On Tue, 30 Apr 2013 00:11:21 +0000 (UTC), Bastette
wrote:
And cats can just be like that. When I'm in bed, Licky will often slink
along my body and come right up to my face. If I start to pet him (and I
can't think of many reasons why I wouldn't!), he revs up the purr motor
very loudly and rubs noses with me. Then he stretches out and gets comfy
for a nice long cuddle session.

But he's very cautious around me in other situations, although he does
have a few other "safe zones" where I may pet him.

I think cats enjoy having us on the same level with them. When the human
is lying down, they can't tower frighteningly over the kitty.

When Dot and Buster come up to my face while I'm in bed, they often get
"catnapped" and made into a pillow or teddy-cat. Sometimes, several times.
Or sometimes, Dot refuses to stop being a teddy cat and falls back asleep
in my arms.
Old April 30th 13, 02:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ann791

On 4/28/2013 10:56 PM, Takayuki wrote:
On Sun, 28 Apr 2013 12:34:12 -0400, ann791 wrote:
Thanks for the update. It sounds like she is settling into your
family.Will she let you pet her yet?

Oh yes. She likes being patted on the flat part of her head.

She seems particularly tolerant of handling when I'm still in bed. I
imagined that it brings up memories of her meowmie for her.

You have done a wonderful thing giving Spicey a second chance at a
forever home.
Nice that your cats accepted her.

Ann