[OT] Am I being unreasonable?

Old March 22nd 05, 04:43 AM
Lori

On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 13:26:30 -0700, "Monique Y. Mudama"

On 2005-03-19, Lori penned:
Boy are we getting wayyyy off topic! I can tie this in with cats, though -
my big fluffy one, Harry, loves to curl up in my jacket after I get back
from rides. He won't do it if it's been hanging up in the closet for
awhile, just when I get back. I dunno' about him sometimes....

The only on-topic tie-in I can think of is this: the only time Oscar has
ever inexplicably soiled anything but her litterbox, it was the
waterproof liner to my moto pants. Having a waterproof coating, of
course, you can't just suds 'em up with the strongest detergent you can
find. It's still a bit of a mystery to me, though; I noticed an
upleasant odor that seemed like cat urine coming from the waistband of
the liner, which had been on the floor for a while (I'm not exactly the
best housekeeper). They were dry, though, no wet spot. I've never
actually worn the liner, so I can't imagine she was attracted to the
smell. It's a very smooth fabric, though, so maybe she had a bit of a
urinary tract problem.

One of ours has an affinity for DH's rainsuit. We have to keep it put
away or it ends up a wee bit smelly. We can't figure out which one,
or maybe more of them.

I ride a BMW R1100R; DH rides a Honda CBR600RR. How short are you? I also
thought I was stuck with cruisers because of my height, but there are
"standard" bikes that are pretty comfy. My '96 beemer has an adjustable seat,
and on the lowest setting I can flat-foot it. I'm 5'5 with probably a 32"
inseam. Granted, though, it's a heavy bike, especially for my first. While
I'm riding, I don't notice the weight, but I do when trying to park and such.

Nice bike. I wouldn't mind having a FS650 myself. They can be
lowered pretty easily. There's that whole funding issue, though. Too
many hobbies, not enough funds. It becomes an issue.

I'm a whopping 5' even, with a 26" inseam. The bike I had before this
one was a V65 Magna, with a seat height of 32". It was a monster at
low speeds, but I loved the bike dearly when it was in motion.

Yeah, but that's what he likes. I don't get it, either. For the record,
though, you're not supposed to ride it so that your arms are supporting you;
you're supposed to use core strength (abs) to hold your body in position. The
same is true on a bicycle, and I have a heck of a time trying not to put a lot
of pressure on my hands on my mountain bike.

Well that would explain it, then. What are abs? )

Hrmm, yeah. My knees won't let me do it, right now; I can't even drive for
more than an hour or two without excrutiating pain.

Ouch. That doesn't sound like much fun.

Yup, I've seen this site, but moto gear is so personal, and has to fit so
well, that I just can't see myself buying stuff online.

Good point. I've never actually bought any gear online, but I do know
that some websites have great prices. I still prefer to try it on
before I buy, though.

Grins,

Lori
Old March 22nd 05, 06:13 PM
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2005-03-22, Lori penned:
wrote:

I ride a BMW R1100R; DH rides a Honda CBR600RR. How short are you? I also
thought I was stuck with cruisers because of my height, but there are
"standard" bikes that are pretty comfy. My '96 beemer has an adjustable
seat, and on the lowest setting I can flat-foot it. I'm 5'5 with probably a
32" inseam. Granted, though, it's a heavy bike, especially for my first.
While I'm riding, I don't notice the weight, but I do when trying to park
and such.

Nice bike. I wouldn't mind having a FS650 myself. They can be lowered
pretty easily. There's that whole funding issue, though. Too many hobbies,
not enough funds. It becomes an issue.

A friend of mine just got the FS650 last fall. She'd been drooling over it
for a while. She's also short and had it lowered.

I know what you mean about funding.

Hrmm, yeah. My knees won't let me do it, right now; I can't even drive for
more than an hour or two without excrutiating pain.

Ouch. That doesn't sound like much fun.

Nope, not much. The good news is that it's only a problem when I can't move
my knees around for a few hours (cars, motorcycles, airplanes, to a lesser
extent movie theaters) ... they don't hurt when I'm using my legs, so it
doesn't interfere with my favorite activities.

Now, I've been told that if I properly follow the exercises my physical
therapist recommended, I will eventually (we're talking many months or years)
kick this problem ... so it's my own fault, really. It's just hard to
continue doing exercises when you can't see any improvement.

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old March 22nd 05, 06:35 PM
Tanada

Lori wrote:

Boy are we getting wayyyy off topic! I can tie this in with cats,
though - my big fluffy one, Harry, loves to curl up in my jacket after
I get back from rides. He won't do it if it's been hanging up in the
closet for awhile, just when I get back. I dunno' about him
sometimes....

Sweetie, the only things around here that are off topic are posts
advocating cruelty, being mean towards others, and spaming. I'm not
even sure that trolls are really off topic as we tend to look forward to
them.

Pam S.