Sorry Dan M.

Old June 25th 05, 10:46 PM
CatNipped

Default Sorry Dan M.

Sorry Dan, when I saw Phillip's response to your post in rpch+b I blew my
top and used language that would shock my mom! You are the one who is
helping to clean up the mess *HE* made by turning Conan back into a kill
shelter just because he didn't want to pay $200 for lab tests for the little
fellow and he has the nerve to bait you about picking up Conan *now* of all
times when you are battling to save your own little girl's life and facing
thousands of dollars in vet bills to do it - well, it just made my blood
boil.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old June 25th 05, 10:56 PM
Helen Miles

"CatNipped" wrote in message

Sorry Dan, when I saw Phillip's response to your post in rpch+b I blew my
top and used language that would shock my mom!

Yup, you flipped a little, but you only said what I would guess 99.9% of
us are thinking. ;o)

You are the one who is
helping to clean up the mess *HE* made by turning Conan back into a kill
shelter just because he didn't want to pay $200 for lab tests for the little
fellow and he has the nerve to bait you about picking up Conan *now* of all
times when you are battling to save your own little girl's life and facing
thousands of dollars in vet bills to do it - well, it just made my blood
boil.

I must admit, my eyebrows did raise a little when I read Conans story,
poor kitty. I think what sickened me, was the fact he *swapped* Conan
for a new kitten. The fact that a cat is a sentient being and a *life*
that he just felt able to throw away sickened me.

I'm just saying a prayer for all the "unlucky ones". (

Helen M

Old June 25th 05, 11:00 PM
CatNipped

"Helen Miles" wrote in message
news:b7c8cb1a61216b2ec9b1ddd1050a064a.76411@mygate .mailgate.org...
"CatNipped" wrote in message

Sorry Dan, when I saw Phillip's response to your post in rpch+b I blew

my
top and used language that would shock my mom!

Yup, you flipped a little, but you only said what I would guess 99.9% of
us are thinking. ;o)

Yeah, sorry - if my mom were here I'd be foaming at the mouth right now and
tasting soap for the next week! ;

[...]

His own words were "exchanged him for a new kitten"! Conan wasn't even that
sick, he just had a URI (I don't think I've ever seen a kitten from a
shelter that didn't have "kennel cough"! Many what a jerk! And I *KNOW*
he's doing all that just to bait people, but when he said that to Dan I
swear I would have slapped him if he had been standing in front of me just
then! trying to calm down

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old June 25th 05, 11:02 PM

CatNipped wrote:
Sorry Dan, when I saw Phillip's response to your post in rpch+b I blew my
top and used language that would shock my mom! You are the one who is
helping to clean up the mess *HE* made by turning Conan back into a kill
shelter just because he didn't want to pay $200 for lab tests for the little
fellow and he has the nerve to bait you about picking up Conan *now* of all
times when you are battling to save your own little girl's life and facing
thousands of dollars in vet bills to do it - well, it just made my blood
boil.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Please leave it in health+behav. Or, Dan has a working e-mail and he
always checks it AFAIK. This is just what we were talking about.
Dragging the nastiness over here. Don't take this wrong, CN, I'm not
attacking you personally. I hate to see the Conan/Phillip thing start
up all over again. It was bad enough reading it the first time.

Sherry

Old June 25th 05, 11:05 PM
CatNipped

wrote in message
oups.com...

CatNipped wrote:
[...]

I'm sorry, that's not what I meant to do - I just wanted to apologize to Dan
for what happened to him over there over, *here* when Dan usually posts and
(thank gawd) Phillip doesn't! I *definitely* don't want to drag any flames
over here - I didn't crosspost this - and just wanted to let Dan know that
his efforts with Conan are appreciated. This wasn't meant in any way to
start controversy over here, just the opposite in fact.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old June 25th 05, 11:23 PM
Enfilade

I have never been to rpch+b before, and I may never go again.

All I can say is: Nox got a hernia from her botched spay. We could've
traded her in for another cat, no problems, or we could take her to
another vet and cough up for surgery hoping it would save her. I think
everyone here is clear on which one we chose, and why.

Dan--please tell us how it goes. I would love to hear about Conan
/here/, away from his unpleasant past, away from his history with
people on other groups, and focus on his present.

--Fil

Old June 26th 05, 02:44 AM
jmcquown

Enfilade wrote:
I have never been to rpch+b before, and I may never go again.

I still never have gone. I've never read a post here that had anything good
to say about what goes on over there. I'm sure there are some fine folks,
maybe lots of the ones from here, but I've never seen anyone post "hey, you
need to go read this great thread in rpch+b!" Quite the opposite.

Old June 26th 05, 03:48 AM
Dan M

Dan--please tell us how it goes. I would love to hear about Conan
/here/, away from his unpleasant past, away from his history with
people on other groups, and focus on his present.

--Fil

I'll be glad to. I'm quite proficient at filtering through a lot of cr*p
posts to find the good stuff, so I'll pass along the filtered info.

Dan
Old June 26th 05, 03:49 AM
Dan M

I'm sorry, that's not what I meant to do - I just wanted to apologize to Dan
for what happened to him over there over, *here* when Dan usually posts and
(thank gawd) Phillip doesn't! I *definitely* don't want to drag any flames
over here - I didn't crosspost this - and just wanted to let Dan know that
his efforts with Conan are appreciated. This wasn't meant in any way to
start controversy over here, just the opposite in fact.

Not a problem anyhow. The person in question was in my killfile before I
even posted there, so I haven't even seen anything he's posted. And even
if I did, I'm quite adept at ignoring messages that displease me

Dan
Old June 26th 05, 06:52 AM
MaryL

"jmcquown" wrote in message
Enfilade wrote:
I have never been to rpch+b before, and I may never go again.

I still never have gone. I've never read a post here that had anything
good
to say about what goes on over there. I'm sure there are some fine folks,
maybe lots of the ones from here, but I've never seen anyone post "hey,
you
need to go read this great thread in rpch+b!" Quite the opposite.

Actually, some of the people who post here are the very ones who like to
create flames in rpch+b. In fact, they will sometimes refer to the idea
that it is not acceptable to post that type of language and flame wars in
anecdotes, but they seem to think that it is somehow alright to perpetuate
it in rpch+b. I am very disappointed in that attitude. Health+behav used
to be an extremely useful newsgroup, and sometimes it still is -- but, in my
opinion, much of its usefulness has been ruined by people who seem to enjoy
engaging in flame wars just to see their nastiness in print; they
deliberately post malicious messages just to bait others to respond in kind.
This is really a shame because some of them have excellent knowledge of
cats, and they could share that knowledge with others. Instead, they are
driving others away.

MaryL