Hatred for cats

Old September 27th 05, 09:39 PM
Christina Websell

Default Hatred for cats

I am shocked that this (American) person takes every opportunity to kill
cats. A relatively new person on my poultry group says:

"I dislike cats with an intensity you can't imagine as it is. If they cross
my property line, and I catch them, they are dead. may have had something
to do with being bitten by a rabid cat when i was younger. Also losing a
horse to rabies by another cat that bit her the same day.. I was watching
the horse graze, and the cat streaked across the field, ran up the horses
leg, and started clawing and biting the horse.
Everything on the farm was exterminated that hadn't been vaccinated.
(Including the pigs) MY cats that I owned, were vaccinated. But since then,
I've taken a very territorial approach, because I've learned that animals
that cross fence lines generally are not vaccinated. If you like your pets,
you keep them home. There are diseases out there that there are no
vaccinations for.
If it crosses my fence line, and Its not mine, it dies. That simple.
Since then, I've developed a vendetta hatred for cats. I kill them every
chance I get. I can't think of anything I get a greater sense of
accomplishment for than ridding the world of yet another cat. This vendetta
started with the rabies thing,, but it's grown in tsunami intensity from
many experiences since.
I have no problems with people who love their cats enough to keep them
inside only."

She shoots them at every opportunity.

OMG. Her address is hidden, but you could all say things to her on the
newsgroup sci.agriculture.poultry where she posts as "diddy"

I have started on her, now you carry on.

Tweed

Old September 27th 05, 09:46 PM
-L.

Christina Websell wrote:
I am shocked that this (American) person takes every opportunity to kill
cats. A relatively new person on my poultry group says:

snip

Prtetty hypocritical of you to bitch and moan when your own precious
group gets "trolled" (your words) yet you invite those same people to
troll a poultry group just because someone there states an opinion you
do not share. Typical RCPAer.

-L.

Old September 27th 05, 10:01 PM
Karen

On 2005-09-27 15:39:26 -0500, "Christina Websell"
said:

[...]

I have seen diddy post elsewhere. Did not know she had such
unreasonable hatred of cats. She does not sound stable. It is not
reasonable to believe all cats have rabies because of one incident.
However, it is sad to say there are certianly many people who are like
this here It is indeed a reason to keep cats indoors.

Old September 27th 05, 10:04 PM
Christina Websell

"-L." wrote in message
oups.com...

Christina Websell wrote:
I am shocked that this (American) person takes every opportunity to kill
cats. A relatively new person on my poultry group says:

snip

Prtetty hypocritical of you to bitch and moan when your own precious
group gets "trolled" (your words) yet you invite those same people to
troll a poultry group just because someone there states an opinion you
do not share. Typical RCPAer.

-L.

What?? I am inviting people on this cat group to view something they may
not have seen, indeed, it's unlikely that they have, and I am giving them to
opportunity to see it and to post back if they want to.
I do not see a problem with that, Lyn.

Tweed

Old September 27th 05, 10:12 PM
-L.

Christina Websell wrote:

What?? I am inviting people on this cat group to view something they may
not have seen, indeed, it's unlikely that they have, and I am giving them to
opportunity to see it and to post back if they want to.

Post back where? To the poultry group? It certainly seems that way
from your words, below:

"OMG. Her address is hidden, but you could all say things to her on
the
newsgroup sci.agriculture.poultry where she posts as "diddy"

I have started on her, now you carry on. "

I do not see a problem with that, Lyn.

You see no problem inviting a group of people who don't have interest
in poultry to go to the poultry group and give **** to someone because
you don't agree with what she posted?

Or are you stating they shopuld post their commentary here in RPCA and
NOT in the poultry group?

-L.

Old September 27th 05, 10:36 PM
Christina Websell

"-L." wrote in message
oups.com...

Christina Websell wrote:

What?? I am inviting people on this cat group to view something they may
not have seen, indeed, it's unlikely that they have, and I am giving them
opportunity to see it and to post back if they want to.

Post back where? To the poultry group? It certainly seems that way
from your words, below:

"OMG. Her address is hidden, but you could all say things to her on
the
newsgroup sci.agriculture.poultry where she posts as "diddy"

I have started on her, now you carry on. "

I do not see a problem with that, Lyn.

You see no problem inviting a group of people who don't have interest
in poultry to go to the poultry group and give **** to someone because
you don't agree with what she posted?

If you agree that she should shoot a cat the second it sets foot on her
land, ignore my previous post.

Or are you stating they shopuld post their commentary here in RPCA and
NOT in the poultry group?

-L.

You seem to have deliberately misunderstood.

Tweed

Old September 27th 05, 10:46 PM
Adrian

Christina Websell wrote:
"-L." wrote in message
oups.com...

Christina Websell wrote:
I am shocked that this (American) person takes every opportunity to
kill cats. A relatively new person on my poultry group says:

snip

Prtetty hypocritical of you to bitch and moan when your own precious
group gets "trolled" (your words) yet you invite those same people to
troll a poultry group just because someone there states an opinion
you
do not share. Typical RCPAer.

-L.

What?? I am inviting people on this cat group to view something they
may not have seen, indeed, it's unlikely that they have, and I am
giving them to opportunity to see it and to post back if they want to.
I do not see a problem with that, Lyn.

Tweed

Just killfile the bitch! At least don't repost her filth so those of us that
have plonked her don't have to see it.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
A House is not a home, without a cat.

Old September 27th 05, 11:03 PM
Pat

"Karen" wrote
OMG. Her address is hidden, but you could all say things to her on
the newsgroup sci.agriculture.poultry where she posts as "diddy"

I have seen diddy post elsewhere. Did not know she had such
unreasonable hatred of cats. She does not sound stable. It is not
reasonable to believe all cats have rabies because of one incident.
However, it is sad to say there are certianly many people who are like
this here It is indeed a reason to keep cats indoors.

All I want to know is where she lives, so I can avoid ever inadvertenly
becoming her neighbor. A good photowould help, too, in case she ever moves
near me, so she may meet with an unfortunate accident before she can do any
further damage to felinity.

Old September 27th 05, 11:12 PM
Yowie

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

[...]

This sounds more like she has something akin to a phobia of cats,
manifesting itself as an irrational hatred. Still, I have a certain sympathy
for her, losing her horse and a large amount of livestock to cat attacks.
Whether we like it or not, she is well within her rights (as I understand
them) to shoot a trespassing animal on her property. People kill foxes for
very similar reasons. Heck, any arachnid that dares show tis face in my
house is dead, too, which would no doubt upset arachniphiles.

Whilst I have a bit of a suspicion that the original message was actually a
troll for cat lovers reading the group, I am not going to go over there and
"start on her" even if it is genuine. For one thing, the folks on the
poultry board need to deal with it without a whole bunch of RPCA people
suddenly turning up with flamey posts (we just went throughour own invasion,
and it wasn't pleasant), and secondly, rather than getting angry about
people who are well within their rights to do something we don't approve of,
we should perhaps take this as something we, as cat lovers, need to address.
After all, they are our cats, and we have to take responsibility for their
actions, including the socially unacceptable ones.

Simply put, if you know your neihgbour is going to shoot your cat if your
cat gets onto your their property, then its up to *you* to ensure that
*your* cat doesn't trespass. Yelling at the neighbour, calling them insane
or a cat hater, or whatever else youwant to do to show your displeasure at
their actions isn't going to help your cat once it crosses the property
line. Your cat, your responsibility.

Yowie